OOC Chat

Dec 14, 2023 5:37 pm
This thread is for chatting out-of-character (ooc).

Could be about meta/irl topics, could be about deeper dives into in-game stuff, could be you just popping in to let us know of an up coming absence.

But if it's OOC, you can do it here.
Dec 15, 2023 3:22 pm
I noticed some rolls affect other player like "character to your right" so I am assuming we "sit" around a table in the order we post going clockwise to the right is the person before you, left is after you.
Dec 15, 2023 4:29 pm
Can I be a Elf Assistant Beast Keeper? Some playbooks are race specific but it looked from the corebook that the optional races could be used for other things as well.
Do we start with only the spells, cantrips, rituals rolled?
Last edited December 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Dec 15, 2023 5:00 pm
Just a note on multi classcasters, multi class casters do not have access to all types of magic, just as all multi class have a mix of abilities
Last edited December 15, 2023 5:50 pm
Dec 15, 2023 8:32 pm
Psybermagi says:
I noticed some rolls affect other player like "character to your right" so I am assuming we "sit" around a table in the order we post going clockwise to the right is the person before you, left is after you.
Ooo, good question.

What you describe makes sense to me. Well establish "sitting order" with our first round of rolls.

Person to post before you is "right", person to post after is "left".

Thanks!
Dec 15, 2023 8:39 pm
Did you want a single post from each player in "BtW Character Creation & World-building"? I ask because of
Step 3 says:
Roll for the first stage of your characters life path, as guided by your Playbook, and immediately "Edit" the post your rolled in to jot down the developments!
Dec 15, 2023 8:42 pm
Psybermagi says:
Can I be a Elf Assistant Beast Keeper? Some playbooks are race specific but it looked from the corebook that the optional races could be used for other things as well.
Yea I really don't know if/how Playbooks are balanced. And so if or how adding a race to a class might upset things.

I think that BtW is closest to B/X (aka OSE) in the constellation of OSR. And under that "model" demi-humans/other races are their own Classes. And given that BtW has specific racial playbooks, my instincts would be to say that there is no race selection separate from class under the playbook character creation model.

In a real game I'd dig into it more, but for our purposes let's keep it simple, and say, no.

If you want to be an elf take an elf playbook.

If you want to be the beast keeper, be the beast keeper.
Psybermagi says:

Do we start with only the spells, cantrips, rituals rolled?
Probably, yea. The Playbooks are supposed to be your one stop shop for creating your character.
Dec 15, 2023 8:54 pm
Hello everyone. I'm finally in. I hope to take a look at everything tonight. Looks like much has happened!
Dec 15, 2023 10:14 pm
Psybermagi says:
Did you want a single post from each player in "BtW Character Creation & World-building"? I ask because of
Step 3 says:
Roll for the first stage of your characters life path, as guided by your Playbook, and immediately "Edit" the post your rolled in to jot down the developments!
A single post for each life path stage/roll, yea. I feel like that would be cleanest/easiest to follow.

But we'll work with whatever ppl do.
Dec 17, 2023 2:26 am
Are we only doing features inside the walls, or in the village propper, now or can we add regional features instead?
Dec 17, 2023 5:52 pm
Hello all. I am very sorry. I thought I could participate here. But I haven't been able to devote the necessary time to it. I hope you all will forgive me if I back out. And I hope I haven't messed up any progress.
Dec 17, 2023 6:34 pm
Psybermagi says:
Are we only doing features inside the walls, or in the village propper, now or can we add regional features instead?
So for now we only add to the Village Map. It can be on the outskirts of the Village, or even more of just kind of conceptually a part of the village, in the immediate area.

But the "regional map/campaign worksheet" is actually meant for the game once it carries on beyond the first Scenario. (It's from the "Further Afield" setting supplement, that expands the core rulebook for long term campaigns. And it's only really exploring used/mentioned in conjunction with "Threat Packs" - which are just bigger picture Scenarios.)
Dec 17, 2023 6:36 pm
@Seck no problem, this is just for fun, you haven't messed up anything. If you don't have the time, I don't want it to cause you stress.

Thanks for your interest, and we'll see you around!
Dec 18, 2023 3:23 am
emsquared says:
@Seck no problem, this is just for fun, you haven't messed up anything. If you don't have the time, I don't want it to cause you stress.

Thanks for your interest, and we'll see you around!
Thank you. Glad I did not throw a wrench into any works. And yes, see you around. Have much fun figuring this out everyone!
Dec 18, 2023 8:16 pm
@Phil_Ozzy_Fer with registers to
Quote:
Your 3rd table roll evokes Hunters as people whom you befriended. Is one of them your NPC? Or was there someone else in your childhood who was more important and more influential?
Gyven or Lan could be the "hunter". Either way it gets us into contact.
Dec 18, 2023 8:51 pm
That's possible. It would certainly add a direct line of contact between the characters.
Last edited December 18, 2023 8:51 pm
Dec 22, 2023 10:08 pm
Hey gang, apologies, I've been wrapped up in Yuletide activities recently and will be until mid to late next week.

Cheers, and happy holidays!
Dec 25, 2023 5:33 am
Happy holidays, gamer friends!
Dec 25, 2023 5:56 am
Happy holidays 😁 to all and to all a gnight. 🌃 🌟 🎄 ❄
Dec 27, 2023 8:12 pm
I just realized this creation system is something that chatGPT might be good at for making variations on for other games. Feed it the basic game system and mechanics and it can likely generate a few tables that would need only slight tweaking for general use
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.