Don't call it a comeback...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 16, 2023 5:11 pm
I've been craving coming back to RPGs, I was an avid player and GM back when AD&D was a new game, then got busy with life. Mostly my gaming since then was at game conventions like DragonCon or drop in games at stores.

The online live systems are fun but it's been hard for me to commit to regular times, so I thought I'd give PbP a try!

I have lots of ideas for games to run... For now I'm just going to be a player.
Dec 16, 2023 5:19 pm
Welcome, goldenband!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 16, 2023 5:21 pm
Welcome!

Have you been here for years, rocking your peers and putting suckers in fear?

...sorry, I'll show myself out.
Dec 16, 2023 5:53 pm
Welcome to GP, goldenband!
Dec 16, 2023 6:34 pm
Welcome to GP, goldenband! What kinds of games interest you?
Dec 16, 2023 7:13 pm
Welcome to the community, goldenband!
Dec 16, 2023 8:34 pm
MaJunior says:
Welcome!

Have you been here for years, rocking your peers and putting suckers in fear?

...sorry, I'll show myself out.
Precisely :-)
Dec 16, 2023 8:36 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome to GP, goldenband! What kinds of games interest you?
I'm mostly into either old school games, or ones that are very narrative driven, like FATE. Generally for anything that I'll run as GM, I'll probably use FATE Core as the basis.

The setting probably matters to me more than the mechanics, so whatever looks fun!

Len

Dec 16, 2023 10:15 pm
Welcome, goldenbrand!
Dec 16, 2023 11:57 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Dec 17, 2023 2:32 am
goldenband says:
I'm mostly into either old school games, or ones that are very narrative driven, like FATE. Generally for anything that I'll run as GM, I'll probably use FATE Core as the basis.
Brother! Erm, or... sister! Basically, hey, me too! Except, come to think of it, I mean neo old school. ;)
Dec 17, 2023 3:01 am
Welcome to GP!
Dec 17, 2023 5:19 am
Greetings and Salutations! Love me some Fate.
Dec 17, 2023 5:51 am
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

This is covered piecemeal in the different documents that bowlofspinach already provided to you, but I recommend paying particular attention to the Games Tavern forum, as there are two types of posting that should be of interest:
- Interest threads: where GMs pitch games that they MIGHT run if there's enough interest,
and
- Recruitment threads: where GMs have set up a game to run and are actively signing up players. Recruitment threads are the primary way you will get into games as a player. Tell a GM you want to join their game in a recruitment thread. Once they know you want to join their game, they can send you an invitation to that game. Then you can join the game and read any special instructions the GM has provided about making a character for the game.
Dec 18, 2023 4:33 pm
Starting as a player, that's a smart thing to do. Only an insane person who is a glutton for punishment would start here as a GM

Kudos to you. Welcome back! I'm also a returning TTRPGer who was absent for almost 20 years. Its good to be back, I hope you have as good an experience as I am.
Dec 18, 2023 4:43 pm
Skyharpy says:
Starting as a player, that's a smart thing to do. Only an insane person who is a glutton for punishment would start here as a GM
https://i.imgur.com/vE1E3vv.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.