Hello there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 25, 2023 8:16 pm
Hi gamers!

I’m excited to join the community and learn a bit about PBP in particular. I play DND 5e and have some experience with a couple Star Wars TTRPGs, but none were PBP. I love GMing (though I’m new to it) and I have a background in drama education and digital content development (music, copy, video, graphic).

I’m very interested in answering the question: can a group of busy folks (including parents) play a fairly casual game of DND while keeping it organized, interesting and consistent?

Hopefully with a couple PBP games under my belt, I’ll be ready to GM a game or two.

Best,
TL
Dec 25, 2023 8:20 pm
Welcome, Thunder_Lungz!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 25, 2023 8:22 pm
Welcome, Thunder_Lungz. You'll be happy to know that there are campaign games on here that have completed after three, four, or five years. I hope you find games that spark your desire to engage in more!
Dec 25, 2023 8:34 pm
Oh excellent! Thank you for the information and encouragement!

Looking forward to learning and contributing!
Dec 25, 2023 8:44 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
... I’m very interested in answering the question: can a group of busy folks (including parents) play a fairly casual game of DND while keeping it organized, interesting and consistent? ...
I believe the answer is 'yes'. Does that help? :)
Dec 25, 2023 11:42 pm
Welcome!
Dec 26, 2023 2:22 am
Welcome to GP!
Dec 26, 2023 2:35 am
Hi TL,

Looking forward to finding a game you GM post in Gamers Tavern or playing with you another one. Welcome.
Dec 26, 2023 5:11 pm
Thanks friends! Looks like a great community! Thanks for the welcome!
Dec 26, 2023 6:26 pm
Thunder_Lungz says:
Hi gamers!

I’m very interested in answering the question: can a group of busy folks (including parents) play a fairly casual game of DND while keeping it organized, interesting and consistent?
You totally can! Welcome to GP!
Dec 26, 2023 6:41 pm
Welcome, Thunder_Lungz! Here to tell you it can totally be done. =]

Len

Dec 26, 2023 7:20 pm
Hi Thunder_Lungz! I originally joined GP in 2016 with the same question. Many games and characters later, I am happy to say it can be done!
Dec 26, 2023 10:06 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Dec 27, 2023 2:54 am
Woohoo! I’m jumping into my first game and can’t wait to see you all in the postverse!
Dec 27, 2023 3:00 am
Welcome to the site!
Dec 27, 2023 10:36 am
Welcome Aboard!
Dec 27, 2023 12:02 pm
Welcome! And yes, as others have mentioned, PbP can fill that niche for casual play at your own pace.
Dec 27, 2023 8:26 pm
Welcome :)
Dec 28, 2023 1:47 am
Welcome! I'm delighted to see that you're already in a game! Good for you - strike while the iron's hot!
Dec 29, 2023 1:27 am
Yeah! Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

I look forward to playing some DnD 5e (maybe a couple of different settings), and something Star Wars (set in a pre-Disney universe). I think I’ll be able to handle games that post 1/day. If anything like that comes up and you need a player with a fresh perspective, let me know!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.