New site design: getting your help!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 21, 2015 8:26 pm
ExperienceLtd says:
sandchigger says:
Could we get a "back to the forums" link at the bottom of the threads? I'm just that lazy.
a floating header would eliminate the need for such thing, just saying ;D
Not on my phone, I think it would cause more problems than it solves. I'm lazy AND primarily here on my phone.
Feb 21, 2015 11:55 pm
sandchigger says:
ExperienceLtd says:
sandchigger says:
Could we get a "back to the forums" link at the bottom of the threads? I'm just that lazy.
a floating header would eliminate the need for such thing, just saying ;D
Not on my phone, I think it would cause more problems than it solves. I'm lazy AND primarily here on my phone.
Replace "phone" with "iPad" and he said what I was going to.

You're such a jerk sometimes, sandchigger!
Feb 28, 2015 2:11 am
a search bar. so you can search for keywords, topics, games, authors, etc.
it might help reduce redundant threads as well and make posts easier to find if you're not sure where to look for something :)
Feb 28, 2015 2:31 am
ExperienceLtd says:
a search bar. so you can search for keywords, topics, games, authors, etc.
it might help reduce redundant threads as well and make posts easier to find if you're not sure where to look for something :)
This!!!
Mar 20, 2015 5:47 pm
The ability to link to the specific game's forum in my game so when I click my current game, I can jump directly to the relevant forum.
Mar 20, 2015 6:10 pm
Xueyie, I'm not sure I know what you mean by that. Can you clarify?
Mar 21, 2015 9:13 am
Keleth says:
Xueyie, I'm not sure I know what you mean by that. Can you clarify?
Currently, when I click the game details page, there doesn't seem to be a place to link to the game's subforum there so I have to go to the forums page to find the subforum. It seems more convenient if I can directly go to the subforum on the game details page.
Mar 21, 2015 2:32 pm
You don't see the game bar at the bottom of the page when you're at game details? it should have all sorts of useful game links.
Mar 22, 2015 12:50 am
So, the music function. Do you feel like it's necessary? Does it get used often? I feel like most people with access to the internet are also having access to a wide variety of music. The question here is do you want to keep Music integration or not? It might free up space to do other things with if you decide it's un-needed.
Mar 22, 2015 1:15 am
I think the music is just links to Youtube, Alex.
Mar 22, 2015 1:28 am
Yes, but, does it get used?
Mar 22, 2015 5:48 am
Keleth says:
You don't see the game bar at the bottom of the page when you're at game details? it should have all sorts of useful game links.
No, I don't see the forum link at the bottom
Mar 22, 2015 6:53 am
Xueyie, you don't see any red bar at the bottom of your screen? When you're on the game details page? Is anyone else not seeing the game bar at the bottom of your game pages? What browser/OS/device are you using?
Mar 22, 2015 12:44 pm
I don't see it in Chrome on iOS but I do see it in Chrome & Firefox on Windows 7.
Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm
Hm... not having any devices with iOS, I'm unable to test on there, but as far as I know, Chrome works the same on iOS and Android devices (one of the reasons it's very dev friendly), so its a bit surprising to hear. I'll have to look into that.
Mar 22, 2015 2:30 pm
I confirm that there is no footer bar in Chrome for iOS when you're signed in and in a games details page.
Mar 22, 2015 2:50 pm
Hm... that'll make testing kinda hard. I def don't make enough off the site yet to warrant buying a new device for testing, heh.
Mar 22, 2015 2:53 pm
Keleth says:
Xueyie, you don't see any red bar at the bottom of your screen? When you're on the game details page? Is anyone else not seeing the game bar at the bottom of your game pages? What browser/OS/device are you using?
I don't see it when using Android default-based browser on Android devices.
Mar 22, 2015 3:26 pm
Ok, so looks like the feature doesn't work in the default Android browser in Android. It does work in Chrome and Firefox for Android. Apparently it doesn't work in Chrome for iOS either...

I'm kinda torn. Internet for Android makes up less than 1% of my hits, and with two compatible free browsers available and being the only developer, I'm not sure dedicating the time to QA on a browser known for not processing CSS well is worthwhile.

However, the bug that's making it not work on iOS may be the same issue with Internet for Android.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.