ChrSch / Aizashi Nobara

load previous
May 8, 2024 1:44 pm
I'll take a look at it and get it fixed :)
May 10, 2024 4:04 pm
So...

Martial arts mastery, with water discipline should be an option now, right?
May 10, 2024 5:25 pm
Martial arts master is a prestige trait that you can get after becoming a veteran, which you now are. Once you have 10 xp then you can get with 2 Disciplines, each of which has 2 techniques.

So for now pick or create something that will help you out in other ways.
[ +- ] Basic Traits
May 11, 2024 11:31 am
What does tough mean exactly?
And how would defender work?
May 11, 2024 12:57 pm
Tough gets you +2 HP. So, if you have 6 HP now, you'd have 8 HP after taking it.

Defender means that if one of your adjacent allies gets hit, you can instead make that hit (and its subsequent damage) hit you instead. It's a good one for a tank that lets them protect squishier teammates.

What are you looking to do? There are several thematic options for you to take.
- Sneaky: get advantage when trying to be sneaky or hidden. Go ninja!
- Resolute: get advantage on all Save Tests.
- Perceptive: get advantage for all Tests to see, hear, or notice things. Even works while you are asleep!
- Vigilant: gain advantage in initiative. Helps prevent being surprised.
- Brawler: when evading and fighting unarmed, you roll with 2d6 instead of just 1d6.
- Fleet of Foot: you gain advantage when pursuing or running away. When moving on a grid, you get to move a couple more boxes than others.
- Opportunist: If an enemy makes a failed melee attack against you, you get to make a free attack at Disadvantage against them on their turn. This can be done against multiple enemies on the same turn, and does not affect your normal actions or attacks.

Or go against type and pick one of the others. Hope this helps!
May 11, 2024 1:33 pm
Brawler only differs from martial arts in that martial artist get mastery of their unarmed attacks and brawler does not

acrobat, sneaky, fleet of foot, opportunist, and barfighter are all good martial arts additions

barfighter is nice in that it lets you use anything as a weapon for normal attack rolls and gain 1 extra attack (that can not have advantage).
May 11, 2024 5:20 pm
I shall be taking the opportunity to be be an opportunistic opportunist then.
May 14, 2024 3:20 pm
So I noticed with archery you have to spend an action to nock and arrow. With Aizashi having darts, what are the mechanics for this and how fluent would the change between the two be?
May 14, 2024 3:59 pm
I treat his darts as a light weapon with a range of 25 feet. Same mechanics as say a shirt sword, attack targets in your zone and 1 point of damage. Just thematically different.
May 14, 2024 5:51 pm
Alrighty, so mechanically speaking it's a melee weapon?
May 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Yeah. They're has been discussion about thrown weapons but I never finalized anything other than this work around. You can throw it at close range.
But do that to many times without being able to later recover them and I might call you on it
May 14, 2024 8:07 pm
Alright. I'll keep that in mind :)
May 16, 2024 9:11 pm
As a bit of background, here's what is kinda going on.

The Base we are working out of is set in the ruined city of Paphos. There are random sections of the city that are still mostly preserved that are call Remnants. The base controls two of these Remnants, and there are two others nearby that are not controlled by the base. (There are several others, too, all under the control over various factions.) Skeeve (and others) have found out that much of the old magic in these Remnants can be controlled and used by "citizens of Paphos". Some functions require that citizen to be a leader, too. In addition, citizens can designate others (like us) to be their authorized agents. In that case, we get the abilities of a citizen, even though we are not. So, what Skeeve is trying to do is first, figure out how to be authorized by a citizen so we can make use of the magic of Paphos. With that, we can explore and use what we find much, much more easily. After that, he wants to find out how someone can become recognized as a citizen of Paphos on their own.

We were told that the undead Commander and a sentient construct both have information on how all this works. So, we are going to talk with each of these individuals to see what information we can get. Armed with, hopefully, useful information, we will then do the fetch quest that the Lady we just talked to wants handled. Doing that should convince her that we can be trusted to be her authorized agents. At that point, we can try to take more advantage of the Remnants and do more in them, maybe even gain control of them for the use by the Base.

As a long term goal, he wants to see if he can get the current Base Administrator recognized as the "Mayor of New Paphos" (or something like that). Doing that would then give him, and by extension, us, more access to more capabilities of the Remnants.

And, with luck, we'll find cool loot and goodies along the way. This isn't purely altruistic! :-D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.