Hello, Discovering PbP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 13, 2024 8:17 pm
Hello All,

I've been playing TTRPGs for about a decade now, but I've never dipped my toe in PbP. Now that I'm a dad to young kids and regular 3+ hour sessions just don't seem to be in the cards, this seems likes a good way to scratch my RPG itch.

I've been the perpetual GM for my friends group, but with less time on my hands, I think maybe it's time to join as a player for a while.

I started in DnD 5e, but have played sessions with GURPS, Ironsworn/Starforged, and some of the OSR clones like 5 Torches Deep and Shadowdark.

I'm really in a SciFi/Futurism or Apocalypse mood lately with my media consumption so I'm really looking for something in that genre. I've been reading about Traveller lately and would love to try one of those systems (Mongoose, Cepheus, Classic, etc), but I'm definitely open to what's available. Would be interested to check out maybe the Cyberpunk systems as well.

Looking forward to interacting with the community and learning about this style of play.

~gtg620q (Joe)
Jan 13, 2024 8:40 pm
Welcome, gtg620q!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 13, 2024 8:49 pm
Hi Joe (gtg620q)! I've been on big SF and cyberpunk kick lately, so maybe we'll see each other in a game!

Len

Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm
Welcome to the community, Joe!
Jan 13, 2024 9:04 pm
Welcome!
Jan 13, 2024 9:10 pm
Welcome to GP, gtg620q Joe!
Jan 13, 2024 10:34 pm
Qralloq says:
Hi Joe (gtg620q)! I've been on big SF and cyberpunk kick lately, so maybe we'll see each other in a game!
I hope so Qralloq!
Jan 14, 2024 12:07 am
Welcome aboard!
Jan 14, 2024 12:27 am
Welcome! I started up here recently (almost a month ago now) and it’s been so much fun. Really easy to play and the community is great!
Jan 14, 2024 1:07 am
Welcome!!
Jan 14, 2024 1:19 am
Thunder_Lungz says:
Welcome! I started up here recently (almost a month ago now) and it’s been so much fun. Really easy to play and the community is great!
Thanks for the encouragement Thunder_Lungz!
Jan 14, 2024 2:04 am
Welcome! PbP is a really good option for those of us juggle a bunch of things to be able to sit down for a regular face to face session, myself included. Hope you find some games to read along and play!
Jan 14, 2024 5:09 am
Welcome to GP!
Jan 14, 2024 5:14 am
Welcome Aboard!

I definitely recommend joining the GP DISCORD channel. We don't play over there but we do a fair amount of chatting and discussions.
Jan 14, 2024 5:31 am
Welcome to the GP community, gtg620q! Been there on the no time thing -- many, many years ago... and here I am, still at PbP. You're gonna love it!
Jan 14, 2024 3:10 pm
Welcome aboard.
Jan 14, 2024 9:52 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

I definitely recommend joining the GP DISCORD channel. We don't play over there but we do a fair amount of chatting and discussions.
Thanks Witchdoctor. I joined today.
Jan 14, 2024 9:54 pm
BedzoneII says:
Welcome! PbP is a really good option for those of us juggle a bunch of things to be able to sit down for a regular face to face session, myself included. Hope you find some games to read along and play!
Sounds like this is a common theme here, which is a good sign I found the right place.
Jan 14, 2024 9:55 pm
Harrigan says:
Welcome to the GP community, gtg620q! Been there on the no time thing -- many, many years ago... and here I am, still at PbP. You're gonna love it!
Thanks Harrigan. I actually found GP because of a YouTube interview you did about a year ago. You gave a great overview of PbP, and sold me on giving it a try!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.