Have Faith

load previous
Mar 5, 2024 5:03 pm
Sister ArielleMahjid the Voracious

Adumal Nindur
Adumal coughs two times to bring the woman's attention to him.
"Ahem, it's an honor to meet you, madam. My name is Adumal Nindur, I've been told you were looking for my sister."

Sister Arielle
"BAH!"
As the drow cries out and curses in a truly unladylike manner, she jabs Mahjid in the ribs with one of the canes.
"Does an old woman have to do everything herself?! I send for a woman and he brings her tower of a brother! No surprise there is an apocalypse coming every few years when the young'uns are so feckin' dumb!"

Adumal Nindur
Taken aback by the behavior of the holy woman, Adumal gives Mahjid a look before turning back to the priestess.
"My sister is dead. I was tracking her murderer and got onto the trail of the Drowned Queen. I... We were hoping you would help us."

Sister Arielle
"Oh..."
It is now Arielle's turn to be taken aback. It does not take long and she quickly retorts by slapping her cane on both Mahjid's and Adumal's heads.
"And why did you not fucking say so! Come, we have much to discuss!"

With that, the trio moves further into the temple grounds, ending up in a small room that seems to be made out of numerous confession booths. This proved to be one of the smartest business moves of the temple priesthood, as knowing the identity of the confessionary seemed to boost their monetary donations significantly.

A conversation is had about the past events, with Sister Arielle occasionally disrupting the narration with questions, clapping her tongue or general curses aimed at various directions or beings.
When the story gets to the group's arrival at the Temple, Adumal skips through the interaction with the Hound captain by simply saying he did not seem keen on helping the group.

Sister Arielle
"Bah! Just another stupid prick! First he's not lending a feckin' finger to help with building the defenses, now he even refuses to supply his own moon-damned men!"
The old woman spits out something black into a wooden cup nearby, indicating she had been imbibing some kind of a chewing drug recently. If prompted about it, she would simply wave it off, saying it helps her with the digestion. If prompted further, she would smack the person on the head with her cane, saying that stress tends to lead to poor digestion and that they should pay more reverence to old people.

Nonetheless, Arielle is willing to help where Whispers is not.
"Well, I guess it's all up to us again, eh? We'll scrounge up some funding for ya - there's been lot's of greedy folks selling Drowned-killing stuff at the St. Gibbous Market, you may wanna go an' take a look."
OOC:
Sister Arielle will then provide Mahjid and Adumal with 2 pouches of:
Moon-blessed silver (D6, Haven, Religion)

Adumal's silver may be used by any member of the group to buy equipment at the market.
Mar 6, 2024 5:02 am
The blackened gnoll starts to audibly growl as she detects the raging aura from Ember. She is ready if a clash were to break out. However, it seems the negotiations are continuing, and the unpleasant insect in Kendrick's ear distracted the Tarred Stalker's thoughts of violence.
Mar 11, 2024 9:41 am
"So now what Ember? Kendrick has suffered and traded one set of ills for another. Acting in self defense in some way. What more have you to glean from him? He's my responsibility in some way and I can't have him tortured. Cut him loose, we've got plenty of our own troubles here."
Mar 11, 2024 5:33 pm
Having had more than his fair share of cane whacks, Mahjid shows respect and nods cautiously in thanks as he receives the silver. Once that interaction is all wrapped up, he will suggest to rejoin the others at the inn before heading out for supplies.
OOC:
Makes sense to reunite the party at this point. Also, if I'm getting this right, we can exchange a bag of moon blessed silver for an item? (one for Mahjid and one for another member of the group)
Mar 13, 2024 9:53 pm
Sergeant Borealis' BarMahsa
The Tarred Stalker

Ember-Glow-Unveiled
"Lies!"
Ember growls.
"Nobody attacked you, YOU were the ones ambushing us!"

Kendrick
Kendrick shrugs his shoulders and then adds a word to his text (underscored to symbolize this), making the text as follows:

Hounds would try to attack Monks, we defend.
Captured the leader and 1 more.
Don't know their fate.

Ember-Glow-Unveiled
"Yeah... you forgot to mention that your people tend to attack anyone passing through."
OOC:
Placating Ember at this point would require a Compel+Haven roll. Otherwise he will try to betray Kendrick in a suitable moment.

Kicking one of them out of the party may be a suitable solution as well. Neither of them would be too happy about this.
Mar 13, 2024 10:38 pm
DarK_RaideR says:
OOC:
Makes sense to reunite the party at this point. Also, if I'm getting this right, we can exchange a bag of moon blessed silver for an item? (one for Mahjid and one for another member of the group)
OOC:
Understood! I will try to wrap up the conversation at the bar asap, would not make much sense for Mahjid to run all of those errands and still catch the folks during that conversation.

As for the equipment - yes, it is possible to purchase the following equipment at the St. Gibbous Market:

Haw Spoon (Kill, D8, Ranged, One-shot) - Basically a giant arbalest sending out a projectile almost the size of a small man. Invention of a local toothless madman, who claims they used it to hunt whores on the high seas - or so you would think, it is hard to understand the guy. Price D6.

Big 'un - Provides the Haw Spoon with another shot. Price D4 and a promise of letting the guy know if the contraption worked.

Holy water (Mend Blood, D8) - So strong it not only erases sin, but can also work as an antiseptic wash. Price D8.

Garrett the Witched (Bond) - The man's sense of humor seems to be as black as his soul. The love of his life ran away to join the witches of Hallow, so he decided to get rich enough to spend the rest of his life on narcotics, or die trying. For the price of D12, Garrett will join the group as a Bond. For those who need a reminder, Bonds are described in the Core rulebook, pg. 98.

Retro-engineered hand-grenades (D8, Debilitating, Spread, One-shot) - The human mercenaries recently started using this new invention to clear dens of gnollish... err insurgent militia. It can be also used to clear path from Drowned though!
Imported all the way from the Blue port of Spire. Price D8.

Experimental Air-tanks (Delve, D6) - These allow their wearer to breath underwater. The doom is coming, so why not prepare for it in advance and still enjoy the fine things in life like breathing?
Price D12 for the whole group.

OOC:
As with the previous shopping in Derelictus, it is also possible to pay with Supplies stress instead of a resource. A Compel+Haven roll may be attempted to negotiate a better price for each of the items.

Pinging @RoAries,@Redwhippet as they may want to be doing some shopping too.
Mar 21, 2024 2:55 pm
"Ember the damage is done and Kendrick is with us now. The Heart has a task for us and it seems your fate is tied up in it. The drowned are as much a problem for you as any of us. Let's deal with the real danger first and then we can fight over it if it still matters at the end of all this."
OOC:
Let's just risk Kendrick's fate on the dice, I think my pool is just 1 die, not having compel or haven. It might be fun not knowing the result also, so maybe lets leave Seifi to roll.
Mar 24, 2024 9:05 am
OOC:
Rolling

Rolls

Mahsa convincing Kendrick - (1d10)

Stress to Mahsa - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Mahsa - Fallout - (1d12)

(8) = 8

Mar 24, 2024 9:20 am
Sergeant Borealis' BarMahsa
The Tarred Stalker

Ember-Glow-Unveiled
Ember crosses his arms and shakes his head.
"You are making a mistake trusting the man. I do not know why the gods put me through this, but now that I will not forget the slights against my people. Once the Drowned finally die, you WILL meet justice, Kendrick."
Turning his head towards Mahsa, the fires in Ember's eye sockets seem to dim a little bit.
"I will not hinder our task, Mahsa. But once we are done, I expect you to stay out of the way."
OOC:
Keeping the result of the roll hidden, nice idea Redwhippet! The possible stress would be negated by Mahsa's protection from the Heartsblood ability.

I believe we can now consider the Kendrick/Ember scene finished, I would like you all to let me know whether you have any shopping preferences.

As mentioned before, Sister Arielle provided the group with two D6 resources, one of which is claimed by Mahjid.
Mar 26, 2024 7:53 pm
OOC:
I'm guessing any items costing a D12 would require us to pool both out D6s and buy just that, correct?
Mar 30, 2024 4:53 am
OOC:
Experimental air tanks could be useful...
Mar 30, 2024 10:36 pm
DarK_RaideR says:
OOC:
I'm guessing any items costing a D12 would require us to pool both out D6s and buy just that, correct?
OOC:
Indeed. Your characters also have additional resources in their Inventory, which can be traded as well.
Apr 1, 2024 9:37 am
Redwhippet says:
OOC:
Experimental air tanks could be useful...
OOC:
That's what triggered my question. I'd be down to chip in my share if we agree to get those. The rest is interesting stuff but I'm not dying to get any of it. Also, I'd be willing to give in "Spider of Iskarah (D4)" as a trade in if anyone wants to pool resources and get something else.
Apr 3, 2024 5:10 am
OOC:
The Hawspoon, hand grenades, and the air tanks sounds good to buy. But I am not sure if in character Tarred Stalker want to buy and use them.

But she is willing to give her d6 wild resource for anything that is useful. And maybe a weapon.
Last edited April 3, 2024 5:13 am
Apr 13, 2024 6:11 am
OOC:
Lets trade both for the air tanks, leave it at that and then decide whats next.
Apr 30, 2024 9:12 pm
OOC:
Alright, Experimental Air Tanks it is!

This would consume the silver from Sister Arielle. Does anyone wish to make a personal purchase as well?

Also @DarK_RaideR wished to use Forewarned and Forearmed to provide protection for himself and possibly other members of the group as well. May I get a clarification on what type of protection are we going for? I will prepare the delve afterwards!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.