Recruitment: Yazeba's Bed & Breakfast

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenCustomPublic1 / dayDmbrainiac
Once upon a time, the world was cruel, and there was a witch who knew it well, and so she sold her heart to build a house in the woods where the world could never find her. At first she would let no one into her fortress. But in the long march of days, a strange thing happened: in her own cold and spiteful way, the witch made a friend…and then another…and then several more, until her house was teeming with colorful faces and complicated lives.

The house would come to be known as Yazeba’s Bed & Breakfast, and it would last for a very long time....

Jan 25, 2024 2:50 pm
https://i.imgur.com/va2nVrw.png

Once upon a time, the world was cruel, and there was a witch who knew it well, and so she sold her heart to build a house in the woods where the world could never find her. At first she would let no one into her fortress. But in the long march of days, a strange thing happened: in her own cold and spiteful way, the witch made a friend…and then another…and then several more, until her house was teeming with colorful faces and complicated lives.

The house would come to be known as Yazeba’s Bed & Breakfast, and it would last for a very long time....

Hello, everybody! I've picked up the core rulebook for "Yazeba's Bed & Breakfast" and am excited to give it a try! I'm looking for a group of 3 to 5 other players to join me in this unique collaborative storytelling game. Here's a bit more information about the game itself:

Welcome to Yazeba's Bed & Breakfast, a slice-of-life tabletop RPG about a heartless witch, a peaceful house, and all the folks who have made their home inside. Yazeba’s Bed & Breakfast is played over the course of several chapters, each of which is a 1 to 2-hour scenario with its own unique but quick-to-learn rules. Players can take control of one of the 7 long-term residents of the B&B or choose from a cast of 50 quirky guests, each of whom has their own ongoing storylines.

The adventures contained within each chapter include lazy afternoons, frightful nights, insurmountable chores, and zany competitions, so every play session is full of surprises. There are bespoke game rules for overcoming mountains of laundry, picking berries, surviving a trip to the scary basement, naming constellations, and everything else that matters in a slice-of-life story. These mechanics are simple and modular, meaning you only need to know the rules for the chapter in front of you. It can take as little as 15 minutes to start playing.

After each chapter, we’ll be able to make changes to our characters and to the book—unlocking new guests and chapters and advancing the individual storylines of each character who played. Whether they've traded their heart away for magic powers or are just doing the everyday business of growing up, everything about a character can change through play, including their core identities.

Yazeba's unusual blend of premade characters, modular rules, and legacy mechanics makes it a perfect game for pick-up play: busy players can drop in and out without ever feeling lost, and anyone who wants to jump in can make a long-term impact without a long-term commitment.
Jan 25, 2024 3:38 pm
I'd be interested! I'm not sure how much space I'll have for an extra game though, so if you need someone to fill out the ranks let me know. :)
Jan 25, 2024 4:00 pm
This sounds absolutely adorable! I'd love to give it a try.
Jan 25, 2024 6:45 pm
I love seeing these types of games here. Good luck with it!
Jan 26, 2024 2:21 am
I am interested. Would love to join in. What long term residents are available to play? And won't be able to play March 2nd-10 due to a family obligation but I can play before and after that.
Last edited January 26, 2024 2:22 am
Jan 26, 2024 2:42 am
Would it be possible to be a guest, who knows they have a storyline and does everything they can to interrupt it - in order to stay as long as possible?
Jan 26, 2024 8:35 am
Yes, there are a few guests designed to be disruptive or who choose to resist their own journeys. :D

These are the starting residents:

https://i.imgur.com/JxZSZ7Z.png

I will open the forums later today and send invites out. I plan to keep the forums public so everybody can read along and potentially join in during later chapters as well!
Jan 26, 2024 1:28 pm
Popping in to say I also recently acquired the book and enjoyed reading through it very much. Have fun with your game!
Jan 26, 2024 1:45 pm
Those character should be amazing! Very happy that it will be public game, as fortunately I will have no time to play in it, but will gladly fallow along! And the in-story reasons to join later is also very tempting perspective! Good luck with this game!
Jan 27, 2024 2:11 am
Hi there, new to the site, but this looks like an amazingly fun game to play. If you have room I would love to play.
Jan 27, 2024 2:48 am
Of course! Join us!
Jan 28, 2024 9:58 pm
Is there room for one more? I've had the pdf for awhile and wanted to try it out.
Jan 28, 2024 11:08 pm
Of course, join us!
Feb 7, 2024 3:49 am
This seems really cute! I'd love to give it a try if you're still accepting players.
Feb 7, 2024 8:49 am
Yes, we just had somebody drop out, so come and join us!
Feb 14, 2024 3:30 am
Could you add me to the waitlist?
Feb 14, 2024 8:25 am
I've invited you to the game. We are about to wrap up the current chapter but you'll be free to jump in before we start the next one. :)
Feb 18, 2024 3:47 pm
Hi Dmbrainiac,
I'm probable late to join, but I'd LOVE to.
Specially if Sal is still available :).
Feb 18, 2024 11:21 pm
There's always room at Yazeba's! Somebody else is playing Sal this chapter, but everybody chooses different characters each time, so you can be somebody else this time and pick Sal next time! Invite sent.
Mar 8, 2024 3:44 pm
Helllo, everybody! I'm putting out another call for more players to join us at the B&B. Please let me know if any of you would be interested in joining the fun!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.