MoyenBateau / Kaarik

load previous
Feb 3, 2024 4:28 pm
On with the story . . .
Your story begin HERE
Feb 6, 2024 3:02 pm
While playing your character I had an idea.

Craft trinkets (tier 0) with a max of 5
Enhance each trinkets to a charms (tier 1) with limited uses or duration

This has little effect on your character other than the fact the protective bracelet counts as a trinket that you enhanced

I think this is the way artificer will develope so think about mundane items that a bit of magic will make useful and minor magic that can be upgraded to something when more so
Feb 6, 2024 3:32 pm
So like an evolution of the item in power right?
Feb 6, 2024 5:10 pm
Yes. I forgot one of the aspect I was thinking of

Craft trinkets (tier 0) with a max of 5
Enhance each trinkets to a charms (tier 1) with limited uses or duration
Alter trinkets enchantments with a Test

Ex : Glow Stone -> flashlight trinket

I dropped your trinkets back to their basic form. Now anytime your want to modify them just roll a test and the level of change determines how long it will take.

Each trinket can be upgraded for a short time or # charges.

Ex : Glow Stone -> flashlight trinket-> strobe gun or Lazer charm with 3 attacks

Ex Trinket bracelet blocks 1 damage per day if your are Evading. Enhanced bracelet charm blocks 2/day without needing you to Evade
Feb 11, 2024 3:54 pm
MoyenBateau says:
If possible I would like to enhance one of my trinket into a charm in prevision of the following day.
The trinket bracelet to be enhanced into the enhanced bracelet.

If I understand well I should test right? (made one in case)
I rewrote the trait a bit to give it some clarity. I totally separated trinkets and charms but limited the # of charms you can have at once. As a test during a situation where time is not an issue you can craft all 5 trinkets automatically. But if you only craft 2 or 3 at the beginning of the day it allows you to craft others as the need arises. Creating the charm does not require a test.

Revised Artificer trait You are leaned in the art of crafting and using magical implements.
You have Advantage to gain information when studying enchanted items. By spending a minute then rolling a test each time you can imbue up to 5 mundane items with minor magical power for one day. Each day you can spend an hour to enchant a single use charm of lesser power. Charms persist until used but only two can be maintained.
# Glow stone (trinket) : Emits dim light for 15 feet

# Wayfinder Pin (trinket) : Indicates wind direction and speed

# Ringing Ring (trinket) : When struck against metal the resulting sound disturbs animals

# Shielding Bracelet (Charm)
When activated the charm negates 1 damage. This can be activated 2 times.
Examples of trinkets you can craft with your gear:
- Animated rope : while touching this rope you can control its entire length as if holding that section
- Warming blanket : this bedroll heats and dries an individual wrapped in it
- Refreshing waterskin : water stored in this skin for an hour is cleaned of dirt and mundane disease as if boiled but is fresh and cool as if just drawn from a mountain stream.
- Self lighting torch/lantern : this item will ignite by touch or command.
Feb 11, 2024 5:37 pm
Thanks. Makes everything clearer.

In this case let's say that for the story, I am done for the day.
Mar 14, 2024 4:39 pm
FYI: It looks like your share of the loot from the gatehouse is this:
Kaarik gets: 30 pp, 72 gp, 5 sp.
We converted all the copper and most of the silver into gold for convenience. (No reason to lug around a hundred pounds of copper everywhere!) We also gave you all of the platinum to make up for the other three of us keeping the armor in the gatehouse. Don't forget to spend it in the Base before we leave if you want to get any supplies. You can also check to see if Valpip's magic shop has anything interesting for you. Since that 30 pp is worth 300 gp, that gives you 372 gp to play with.
Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm
Thanks! I will check the shop then :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.