MoyenBateau / Kaarik

Jan 30, 2024 8:30 pm
Welcome @MoyenBateau

This thread is for your character creation. Take a look at welcome and character creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A
Jan 31, 2024 11:24 am
Hello and thanks a lot for accepting me!

I have created a character and submitted it but I know he is not fully finished and fleshed out yet.

I have made an elf as I saw that there was no elves currently in the game (I might be wrong about that).
I wanted my character to be an educated elven noble who has a very naïve view of the world, which he only read in books. I put it like this as trade but I can change it as just "noble" or "scholar".

While reading about the lore, I wanted to create a character who naively thinks that all livings can once again live in the world as a single entity as they used to do. But I do not know if my character could be aware of the world history or if only deities kept memories of past events.

I have also a question about traits. I should choose 2 basic traits and 1 magic trait or I can swap a basic trait for a magic trait?
Jan 31, 2024 12:27 pm
There is 1 other elf, Barley. Check the Tiny Info sheet, find in characters menu at the page footer of grey button also near the bottom. Open the Player and characters spoilers to set who else is on the game at this time.

You start with 2 traits. You can have 2 mountain or 1 mundane and 1 mystic.

Your trade is fine, as many nibbles are educated, and your time that trait anyhow so expanding it to a noble scholar fits nicely. Massive is just a description so had no mechanical affect but did add some flair.

Add a starting weapon. You also start with a minor magic item, see character creation.

Post to the Who's Who thread, see character creation near the end, and tell either in the bio or here why Kaarik is going adventuring and I will create a story or drop you into one in a bit.
Jan 31, 2024 2:47 pm
Thanks. I have added a bow and a magical item. I also changed my traits, hopefully it is fine.
I will write something on the Who's who thread now.
Jan 31, 2024 7:42 pm
Or first artificer. Huzzah!
Ok this is a bit of an experiment but basically it means that you can craft lesser magic items with either limited uses of lesser power or minor power. The end result will be approximately equal to spell touched and or alchemist. Detail later tonight

Ummm what's with the scroll??? Ok I will have to do something with that... Hmmm
Jan 31, 2024 8:13 pm
Haha I saw the scroll in the list of magic items and thought that I must have that. I can change though if it's too weird or too out of RP.

Happy to be an experiment. It sounds like a fun way of playing.
Jan 31, 2024 8:41 pm
Psybermagi says:
Ok this is a bit of an experiment but basically it means that you can craft lesser magic items with either limited uses of lesser power or minor power. The end result will be approximately equal to spell touched and or alchemist. Detail later tonight
Oooo. This means you are now on the hook to create an Artificer prestige trait so he can eventually (not now; eventually) start making more powerful magic items!
Jan 31, 2024 10:49 pm
Shhh quiet you
Feb 1, 2024 2:31 pm
Ok, I will fill in trait details this weekend but you should be good to get into a story. I can either slide you into one of 2 ongoing stories that get updated daily or do a short solo intro at your own pace.
Story 1 The Manor had 2 long time veterans, a deserved warrior and human mage with a duende youth
Story 2 Fey Relations has a couple novices, a beastkin monk and human hunter

Preferences?
Feb 1, 2024 3:58 pm
Always more fun with companions, so if possible I would like to join one of the groups.
It really doesn't matter which, the one that makes it easier to pop a new character in the story and to keep the game balanced.

Edit: Obviously if there is no possibility to add me in one of the groups, the solo introduction is completely fine as well.
Last edited February 1, 2024 4:00 pm
Feb 1, 2024 7:26 pm
If you're up for posting over a day I want to add you to the Fey story. Let me know. In the meantime I will start you here later tonight then quickly move you to your main story
Feb 1, 2024 7:58 pm
Sure. I should manage to keep up with the group in term of posting.
Feb 2, 2024 5:43 am
I updated the Trait descriptions on your character sheet.

The basics of Artificer is :Provided the right reagents and recipes, you can craft trinkets and charms. You also gain Advantage when identifying enchanted items.

The basic idea is that you can craft minor magic trinkets, like a glow stone, or magic mask, or noise makers.
You can also create a limited number of charms with greater power but shorter life span.

As this is a bit of a work in progress think about the type effects you might want to be able to craft and let me know.
Feb 2, 2024 7:02 am
Great, thanks.
I assume it will take each time, a few days for my character to learn a recipe and craft the item?
Feb 2, 2024 2:30 pm
Crafting minor trinkets , level 0, takes about a minute. At most 5 trinkets at once

Crafting charms with lesser power, level 1, takes at least an hour. Recreating a design is a regular test. But designed have disadvantage.
At most 2 charms

You can use any 2 items at the same time

I will adjust the chart sheet to give a place to track this easily. For now select 3 trinkets and 1 charm to start with.
Feb 2, 2024 5:23 pm
Here it is what i thought of, but it probably is too overpowered.

I like the glowing stone.
A pin for my bow that shows the wind
A ring that when knocked on something metallic makes ultrasounds that disturb animals.

For the charm a protective bracelet
Feb 2, 2024 6:51 pm
Those all seem fine. The only one that is a bit beyond normal is the ring. But even that is just a step up from a dog whistle
Feb 2, 2024 7:49 pm
Yes, the ring was a construct of my tired mind. Now that you mention a whistle I am wondering how far did I stretch to get to something which could have been a million time easier...

Should I add them to my inventory?
Feb 2, 2024 10:21 pm
Go for it
Feb 3, 2024 4:25 pm
Updated your items on your sheet
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.