Chapter 4A: Traitors in our midst

load previous
Feb 5, 2024 1:08 pm
OOC:
I'll sling it over my shoulder. I assume that everyone on the Voyager heard that Douklan I and were in a shoot out with terrrorist.
Feb 6, 2024 1:53 am
So we've got a couple days travel. I think we start getting to know each other.
You'd all learn that Slaine grew up as a poor undercity kid. Got into some trouble as a kid, but like... Kid trouble, nothing that wal call their attention to parents clinic.
Got out by going into a Bioinformatics University program, then P.D.F. University, then P.D.F. Medic tour for a year before befing recruited and transferring to the ITC.

Slaine wouldspar with anyone who was willing, is a bit of a beginner so not much of a challenge for anyone who is trained.
Last edited February 6, 2024 1:55 am
Feb 6, 2024 8:59 am
OOC:
Please follow Slaine's lead by introducing and describing the in game day for your PCs while I use a couple of real life days to prepare the CV's shuttle bay map. =)
Feb 6, 2024 2:34 pm
Hank smirks and says, "I figure you know my background better than I do, at this point."

Hank will gamely try to spar a bit, but it would be more of a training session than an actual sparring session as, while he does have Athletics, he has no Melee skill. He will then spend some more time doing his Elder research. He will continue to do some general socializing at meal time and when chances present themselves.

I imagine Jil mostly keeps to herself. More people in involved will likely cause her to be even more quiet than before. She will mostly deflect on issues about her past.
Feb 7, 2024 1:28 pm
Corbin asks Hank and Jil to go over what they experienced and would spend some time checking the logs, etc. He's hoping to find some trace of what was done to the ship that would cause it to attempt to crash.
Feb 7, 2024 3:21 pm
Hank and Jil explain the experience and what they saw. Hank then happily shows Corbin everything they found, pulling in Gabe to help with his parts. This includes all the logs they found and the holes in those logs.

It would be great if Corbin could find something else, but with the holes in the logs, Hank is pretty sure anything above what they have already is long deleted. He hopes he is wrong, though.
Feb 8, 2024 11:25 pm
For the next day, Corbin takes a look at the logs, but finds the same thing as Hank did. Either way, the stars outside the viewport seemed to beckon them home.

Jil took the pilot's seat, her hands steady on the controls, while Hank, Corbin, Slaine and Gabe settled into their respective seats. In the meantime, Gabe reviewed their plan:

"We'll fake a medical emergency, with Jil as the bait. Once Carter arrives in the shuttle bay to offer his services, we'll apprehend him." He said, fingers tapping rhythmically on the table as he calculated the logistics. "We'll need to make it convincing."

Finally, the familiar silhouette of the Celestial Voyager came into view, its form a beacon of hope amidst the vastness of space. With a sense of dread and anticipation, Jil guided the shuttle towards the waiting embrace of their ship.

With the details ironed out, they set the trap in motion, positioning themselves strategically throughout the shuttle bay while Hank left.

As Jil waited patiently in the floor, her heart pounding with anticipation, the shuttle bay remained eerily silent.

OOC:
Jil is lying in square I6. The main corridor, where I suppose Hank will be, is in column C. Gabe will be at the shuttle's door. Where is everyone else going to be?

In parallel, Daryen, please describe how Hank calls him and roll for Deception.
Feb 9, 2024 12:18 am
M5 if no one takes a similar position, hiding.
Otherwise D4/G4 room
Feb 9, 2024 12:28 am
OOC:
First to post is first to choose =) Please roll Stealth DC15 for you at M5. The DC is based on Ryan attributes and skill levels.
Feb 9, 2024 12:57 am
OOC:

My thoughts is, if someone who would be less suspicious wants to be nearby they would be there, but I don't want to leave Jill unaided.
If someone will be near Jill I'd prefer to be in room.
Last edited February 9, 2024 2:11 am
Feb 9, 2024 1:51 am
Hank will just play it straight. Any natural nervousness is played as concern for Jill. Hank meets him at the bay door and points to where Jil is and says, "Oh thank goodness you got here so fast! Jil's over there! Please hurry!"

Rolls

Hank Heron: Deception - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Feb 9, 2024 8:49 am
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:

My thoughts is, if someone who would be less suspicious wants to be nearby they would be there, but I don't want to leave Jill unaided.

If someone will be near Jill I'd prefer to be in room.
Corbin, your call.
Feb 10, 2024 3:04 pm
Corbin will be at d3, out of sight but ready to come in behind Carter.
Feb 10, 2024 5:07 pm
Before hand, Hank would suggest that Slaine be at D4 and Corbin be at K6 or J7 and fully visible. Corbin is supposed to be there, and having him appear to be helping Jil adds to the believability. His weapon would be hidden by the tank at J6. Just a thought.
Feb 10, 2024 5:43 pm
OOC:
Actually a better idea. Yeah.
D4 Slaine
Last edited February 10, 2024 5:43 pm
Feb 13, 2024 3:31 pm
The crew gathered in the shuttle bay, finalizing their plan to capture Ryan Carter, the notorious unlicensed medic and fugitive.

With a nod of determination, Jil took her position near the shuttle, ready to execute her role in the ruse. Her heart pounded in her chest, adrenaline coursing through her veins as she mentally prepared herself for the task ahead.

Slaine, hidden in the nearby room, was ready for it.

Meanwhile, Hank activated the communication system, initiating contact with Ryan Carter. With each ring, the tension in the shuttle bay intensified, anticipation hanging thick in the air.

After a few moments, a voice crackled through the speaker. "This is Ryan. Yes?"

Hank's voice remained steady as he replied, "Carter, we need your help. We have a medical emergency in the shuttle bay. We require your expertise immediately."

Hank, stationed at the shuttle bay door, awaited the arrival of their target with a mixture of anticipation and apprehension. His heart raced as he mentally rehearsed his lines, knowing that the success of their mission hinged on the execution of their plan.

Suddenly, footsteps echoed through the corridor, signaling Ryan Carter's approach. Hank's pulse quickened as he braced himself, ready to play his part in the elaborate ruse.

As the main corridor port door slid open with a hiss, Hank's gaze locked onto Ryan, who entered with a sense of urgency etched across his face. "Oh, thank goodness you got here so fast!" Hank exclaimed, feigning relief. "Jil's over there! Please hurry!"

Ryan's eyes widened in concern as he followed Hank's outstretched arm, his footsteps quickening as he made his way towards where Jil supposedly lay in distress.

Meanwhile, hidden from view, Jil lay perfectly still, her pulse racing with anticipation. Every muscle in her body tensed as she waited for the moment to spring their trap, her breaths shallow and controlled.

With each step Ryan took closer to Jil's supposed location, the tension in the shuttle bay mounted to a palpable degree. Every member of the crew held their breath, their focus trained on the unfolding scene before them.

Finally, Ryan reached Jil's side, his expression a mix of concern and determination. "Jil, what's wrong? Are you okay?" he asked, his voice laced with genuine concern.

In that moment, the trap was set, the pieces of their plan falling into place with precision. Now, all that remained was for the crew to execute the final phase of their operation and apprehend Ryan Carter once and for all.

OOC:
What do you do?
Feb 13, 2024 3:58 pm
Corbin stands from beside Jil, leveling his rifle at Ryan.

"Ryan, we need to ask you some questions. Hopefully, once they're answered, we can go back to business as usual."
Feb 13, 2024 4:20 pm
As Corbin stood beside Jil, his rifle aimed squarely at Ryan, the atmosphere in the shuttle bay shifted from anticipation to confrontation. Ryan's eyes darted between the crew members, a mixture of surprise and apprehension flickering across his face.

"Ryan, we need to ask you some questions," Corbin stated firmly, his voice unwavering. "Hopefully, once they're answered, we can go back to business as usual."

Jil, fueled by determination, reached for her pistol, her grip steady despite the adrenaline coursing through her veins. Gabe, sensing the gravity of the situation, stepped forward, his presence adding weight to the standoff.

Ryan's expression hardened, a flicker of defiance in his eyes as he met Corbin's gaze. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied tersely, his tone defensive.

OOC:
What do you do?
Feb 13, 2024 4:30 pm
Slaine is going to exit the room, checking to see if "Ryan" has a datapad or a weapon on him.
"Alfredo Hernandez. Raise your hands towards the ceiling. Any sudden movements will be taken as a threat.
I am Special Agent Slaine Rowan of the ITC Special Investigations. You are wanted for practicing medicine without a license, you are in suspicion of conspiracy and restricted genetic research."
Feb 13, 2024 4:33 pm
Hank hears movement in the other room, then steps back into the room while continuing to watch Ryan. He glances over to see who is in there, and sees Erin. He immediately snaps his head back to watch Ryan and says to Erin, "Apparently, Ryan is a wanted fugitive. Would you please come over here and help me guard the door to prevent him from fleeing? Weapons are welcome; I'm currently unarmed."
Last edited February 13, 2024 4:33 pm
load next

Thread locked