Hi everyone.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 13, 2024 9:40 pm
I've played 2 d&d 5e games, but they didn't last long, I've been hoping to find a new game to join.
Also, after watching the movie 'Fury' I've been interested in finding a ww2 ttrpg game to play as part of a tank crew. (Any game system suggestions would be helpful.)
Thank you for reading and have a nice day. :)
Feb 13, 2024 9:51 pm
Welcome!
Feb 13, 2024 10:20 pm
Howdy!
Feb 13, 2024 11:10 pm
Welcome Aboard!

5e is pretty popular around here as well as a whole skew of other games across a lot of genres. Maybe someone will start up a WW2 game or you might find something else that's of interest to you!
Feb 14, 2024 12:51 am
Hey Kingphantom -- WWII games are a bit few and far between, even on the wider TTRPG stage, let alone here on GP. I'd point you towards Operation White Box and War Stories. They are at opposite ends of the complexity scale... OWB stems from White Box, which is OD&D at its core, thus pretty simple. WS is a 3rd Party Year Zero Engine game, and a complex one. Very cool, though.

I have eventual plans to run OWB on GP. Maybe in 2024, maybe next year.
Feb 14, 2024 12:55 am
Welcome to GP!
Feb 14, 2024 1:00 am
Ah, also, check this out: Hell on Treads!
Feb 14, 2024 1:05 am
Welcome kingphantom!
Feb 14, 2024 2:20 am
Thank you for the suggestions Harrigan. If you start that OWB game, let me know.
Feb 14, 2024 5:45 am
Welcome, Kingphantom!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 14, 2024 12:15 pm
Welcome :)
Feb 15, 2024 4:26 am
Welcome to the site!
Feb 15, 2024 3:31 pm
Welcome! In TTRPGs you're more likely to find a WW2 setting rather than a full-fledged system focussed solely on WW2. Coincidentally, I'm running a WW2 game now, but it's about vampires in Paris, so totally unlike the realist Fury movie genre. One of my favourite WW2 systems is Godlike, but again, it's a system in the superhero genre. Achtung Cthulhu is also a WW2 setting, but horror. And so on.
Feb 15, 2024 6:23 pm
Greetings and Salutations!

I've found that the best way to see the game you want to play in here on GP is to run it.
Feb 15, 2024 11:23 pm
Kingphantom says:
I've played 2 d&d 5e games, but they didn't last long, I've been hoping to find a new game to join.
Also, after watching the movie 'Fury' I've been interested in finding a ww2 ttrpg game to play as part of a tank crew. (Any game system suggestions would be helpful.)
Thank you for reading and have a nice day. :)
I recently ran a game of Achtung! Cthulhu and while the system is designed more for supernatural tinged horror, the WW2 setting is strong. There are vehicle rules and four separate tanks statted in the players guide.

https://i.imgur.com/MpgIWC1.jpg
Feb 16, 2024 1:11 am
I have played Weird War II once. The book is filled with stats for tons of equipment from the era. Guns, artillery, tanks, airplanes, boats and more. In addition to the stats, many of the items get callouts in the text to discuss a little bit of history. There are also some supplements with more theaters and details but I never read/played them.

Anyway, I have fond memories of shooting Nazi zombies in that game.
Last edited February 16, 2024 1:13 am
Feb 16, 2024 9:44 am
Welcome Aboard! =)

Len

Feb 18, 2024 5:21 am
Welcome to our community, Kingphantom!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.