Arthur12320 Character Generation

load previous
Feb 19, 2024 12:47 am
Sounds good to me. I have written an extra line for the Metapsionics in your skill section. You're just missing the avatar now.

Let's play a couple of scenes and events here, two / three years before the current date, so you can further develop your character concept before "the game starts". You will probably join Douklan's thread, so it gives us a couple of days for him to finish as well. That "Carrer history" section of the character sheet will be played here in this thread. =)

You may even get some XP by doing so, we will see ;)

Anyway, I will write something tomorrow, I guess. Have to go now. You can prepare that bio / images in parallel, no need to rush. =)
Feb 20, 2024 12:45 am
Trade Era 1231, Day 132

Psi Operatives secret orbital facility, Zyronis system

As Morgan stepped off the transport shuttle onto the sleek, high-tech platform of the Psi Operatives' secret training facility, in an eccentric orbit around Zyronis Prime, he felt a mix of apprehension and determination swirling within him. This was a new chapter, a chance at redemption, a path he never envisioned for himself but one that fate seemed to have chosen.

He was greeted by a stern-faced officer, his uniform adorned with the insignia of the Psi Operatives. "Welcome, recruit Morgan," the officer said, his voice firm yet not unkind. "I am Commander Reyes. You have been selected to join our ranks, but make no mistake, the journey ahead will be arduous."

Morgan nodded, his gaze steady. He was ready, or at least as ready as he could be. He followed Commander Reyes through the labyrinthine corridors of the facility, his senses tingling with anticipation.

After a few minutes, they arrived at a nondescript door at the end of a dimly lit hallway. Commander Reyes stopped and turned to face Morgan. "Beyond this door lies the beginning of your training," he said gravely. "You will be tested, pushed to your limits, but know that every challenge you overcome will bring you closer to unlocking your true potential."

With a nod of acknowledgment, Morgan squared his shoulders and stepped through the door. Inside, he found himself in a vast chamber filled with futuristic equipment and apparatuses he could scarcely comprehend. But amidst the technological marvels, he sensed a palpable energy, an undercurrent of power that thrummed in the air.
OOC:
Gimme a Wis/Metapsionics test, DC 8, and let's play your character training and initial career. This is 4 years before the adventure.

This thread will let us learn a little bit more about our setting and Peter =D
Feb 20, 2024 1:19 am
As Morgan crossed the threshold of the door he was immediately hit by this weird energy sensation, at first he wasn’t able to pinpoint it, but more and more it seemed very familiar, that had to be it, the same energy that made him feel so alone and different since his childhood, now seemed to be as common as air and emanating inside that room.

Morgan still had his doubts about who he could really trust inside the Space Marines order he just joined, but at least they didn’t throw him directly into the labor camps after finding him, so that had to be a good sign.

Rolls

Peter Morgan: Metapsionics DC8 - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Feb 20, 2024 1:22 am
OOC:
Don't know if that would fall under that category, but my metapsionics at level 0 should be able to detect the use of psionics around me...trying to argue my way out of a bad roll LOL
[ +- ] Psychic Refinement (lvl 0)
Feb 20, 2024 11:53 pm
OOC:
You failed that Talk skill check as well. Can't convince me, that was not the test. Let's keep it to the actual results of that roll. =)
Morgan's heart raced as he stood in the center of the chamber, surrounded by the hum of advanced technology and the crackle of psionic energy. He couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity that washed over him, the same sensation that had haunted him for years now pulsating through the air with an almost tangible intensity.

Lost in his contemplation, Morgan barely registered the sudden teleportation of Commander Reyes beside him, his hand gripping a laser pistol with a lethal intent. Startled, Morgan instinctively took a step back, his eyes wide with surprise.

"Wat voel ek nou?" Reyes's voice cut through the silence, sharp and commanding. He used a strange language. "Wat voel ek nou?" He repeated.
OOC:
Do you wanna establish a telepathic contact? If so, Commit Effort for the day.
Feb 21, 2024 1:28 pm
Morgan is knocked out of his dazed state by the sight of the laser pistol, still not sure what is happening he raises his hands and tries establishing a telepathic contact to understand the commander’s orders.
OOC:
Will add the committed effort to my sheet
Feb 21, 2024 4:05 pm
"What am I feeling?" Reyes's thoughts cut through the silence, sharp and commanding. He was using another language but a Telepath doesn't need grammar and words when concepts, needs and thoughts are enough. Using his powers Peter could understand him.

Morgan's mind raced, trying to make sense of the question and the situation unfolding before him. "It's... it's the energy, you're feeling the energy," he stammered, his voice barely above a whisper. "The same energy I've always felt, but amplified, like it's resonating with something here."

Reyes studied him for a moment, his expression unreadable. Then, with a decisive nod, he lowered the weapon and motioned toward the Elder device. "This," he began, his voice tinged with a hint of reverence, "is a Psionic Resonance Analyzer, or PRA for short. It's one of the most advanced pieces of technology ever recovered from the Elders, capable of detecting and quantifying psionic energy with unparalleled precision."

"It's telling me that you have the required natural talents in Telepathy and Metapsionics, even if not the training yet. So you passed your first test. You will be a Psi Recruit for the next 2 years, at least. Do you wanna begin by training your body or by honing your mind?
"
Feb 22, 2024 12:23 am
OOC:
quick question, i as a player know about the Elders from what i read in the threads, but how much a "common knowladge" is it in the setting? if i were to ask 10 random people in the street how many would know what they were? Basically how much does Morgan know about them?
Feb 22, 2024 12:27 am
OOC:
Most people know that they existed, that they left ruins and disappeared. Nobody knows exactly why, who they were, etc.

So Peter would know the basics and most of the things that you know as well. The secret stuff is not in the threads. =D
Feb 22, 2024 12:42 am
Morgan was still catching his breath after what had just happened. It wasn't the first time he had a gun pointed at him, but the feeling was still very hard to get used to. Besides that, he wasn't accustomed to Psionics being discussed so casually. He tried to, but couldn't hide the fact that hearing he had the required natural talent made him feel pretty good about himself.

"I want to start with my mind"

He felt that he had all the time in the world to train his body, but finding someone who could help him train his psionic abilities wasn't something he could come across every day.
Feb 22, 2024 12:43 am
OOC:
btw, i will try to post a little bio and a character avatar next weekend
Feb 23, 2024 1:08 am
As the weeks passed, Morgan threw himself into his training with unwavering determination. With the support of mentors and fellow students, he delved deeper into the mysteries of psionics, testing his abilities with relentless focus and dedication.

But despite his best efforts, Morgan found himself growing weary far too quickly. His mind, while strong, seemed to struggle under the weight of constant exertion, leaving him drained and fatigued after even the shortest training sessions.

Frustration gnawed at him as he struggled to keep pace with his peers, his body unable to match the demands of his burgeoning powers. It was during one particularly grueling session that a wise old instructor took notice of Morgan's plight.

Approaching him with a knowing look in his eyes, the instructor placed a reassuring hand on Morgan's shoulder. "You're pushing yourself too hard, Morgan," he said, his voice gentle yet firm. "Psionics may be a power of the mind, but it's your body and constitution that provide the foundation for those powers."

Morgan frowned, his brow furrowing in confusion. "But how... how can I use my body to enhance my psionic abilities?" he asked, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

The instructor smiled knowingly, as if he had been waiting for this question. "Wisdom through endurance," he replied, "These are the pillars upon which your psionic prowess will stand. By strengthening your body through physical training, you'll not only increase your stamina and resilience but also amplify the potency of your psionic abilities."

With a newfound sense of purpose, Morgan threw himself into a rigorous regimen of physical exercise. He spent hours in the gym, pushing his muscles to the limit. He ran obstacle courses, scaling walls and navigating tight spaces with the precision of a seasoned athlete.

And as his body grew stronger, so too did his mind. He found himself able to sustain his psionic powers for longer periods, his mental fatigue waning as his physical stamina increased. With each passing day, he felt himself becoming more attuned to the intricate balance between mind and body, each complementing the other in perfect harmony.

After that, under the guidance of seasoned instructors, he learned to harness his latent psionic abilities, to channel the energy that flowed within him and mold it into formidable powers.

He spent hours in meditation, learning to quiet his mind and focus his thoughts with precision. He practiced metapsionics, detecting other students and improving hia own skills. He delved into the intricacies of telepathy, honing his ability to communicate silently with his fellow operatives.

But it was not just physical and mental prowess that Morgan gained during his time in training. He also forged bonds with his fellow recruits, forming a tight-knit camaraderie born out of shared hardship and mutual respect. Together, they pushed each other to excel, to surpass their own limitations and become something greater than they ever thought possible.

And as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, Morgan felt himself undergoing a profound transformation. He shed the identity of the lost and directionless youth he once was, and in its place emerged something new, something stronger and more resilient.

He was no longer just Peter Morgan, son of a farmer turned wayward delinquent. He was now Morgan, Psi Operative, a guardian of humanity's interests among the stars, a wielder of the power of the mind. And as he stood on the threshold of his new life, he knew that the journey was only just beginning.
OOC:
To be continued.
Feb 23, 2024 1:13 am
One of Morgan's fellow students was named Ava Grayson. She was a striking figure, with piercing blue eyes that seemed to hold a depth of knowledge far beyond her years. Her short, cropped hair was a vibrant shade of crimson, a stark contrast to the muted tones of the training facility.

Ava carried herself with a quiet confidence, her movements fluid and graceful as she moved through the halls with purpose. Despite her reserved demeanor, there was an undeniable air of determination about her, a steely resolve that spoke of inner strength and resilience.

But it was not just Ava's physical presence that set her apart. She possessed a keen intellect and an insatiable curiosity, always eager to learn and explore the mysteries of psionics. In the training sessions, she approached each task with a meticulous attention to detail, methodically dissecting the complexities of psionic manipulation with a precision that left her peers in awe.

Yet, beneath her composed exterior, Ava harbored a tumultuous past. Rumors whispered of a tragic incident in her childhood, a loss that had shaped her in ways few could comprehend. Despite the pain that lingered in her eyes, she refused to be defined by her past, channeling her grief into a relentless pursuit of excellence.

Morgan found himself drawn to Ava, captivated by her quiet strength and unwavering determination. As they trained together, he glimpsed flashes of vulnerability beneath her stoic facade, moments of doubt and uncertainty that mirrored his own inner struggles.

But in those moments of shared vulnerability, Morgan found a kindred spirit, a companion on the journey toward self-discovery and redemption. Together, they forged a bond that transcended words, a silent pact to support and uplift each other in the face of whatever challenges lay ahead.
OOC:
To be continued
Feb 23, 2024 1:17 am
As the end of training approached, the atmosphere within the Psi Operatives' secret facility crackled with anticipation. Months of rigorous training had culminated in this moment, a final test of skill and determination before the recruits would be deemed ready to face the challenges that awaited them in the field.

Under the watchful eye of Commander Reyes and the seasoned instructors, Morgan and his fellow recruits underwent a series of grueling assessments, each designed to push them to their limits and evaluate their readiness for active duty. From simulated combat scenarios to complex psionic simulations, they were tested in every aspect of their training, their abilities honed to a razor's edge through countless hours of practice and dedication.

And finally, after days of intense evaluation, the moment of truth arrived. Standing before a panel of senior officers, Morgan and his fellow recruits awaited their fate with bated breath. One by one, they were called forward, their performances scrutinized and evaluated with meticulous precision.

When Morgan's name was called, he stepped forward with a sense of quiet determination, his gaze steady as he met the eyes of his superiors. He had poured his heart and soul into his training, pushing himself beyond his limits in pursuit of excellence. Now, as he stood on the brink of graduation, he felt a surge of pride swell within him, a testament to how far he had come since that fateful day he first set foot in the training facility.

After what felt like an eternity, the panel delivered their verdict. With a nod of approval, Commander Reyes announced that Morgan and his fellow recruits had successfully completed their training and were deemed ready for active duty as Psi Operatives. Cheers erupted among the recruits as they exchanged congratulatory nods and embraces, their journey from uncertain novices to seasoned operatives now complete.

But there was little time for celebration. Even as they basked in the glow of their achievement, the recruits knew that their true test lay ahead. With the galaxy teetering on the brink of chaos and uncertainty, their skills would soon be put to the test in the universe at large. And so, with hearts full of determination and minds sharpened by training, Morgan and his fellow Psi Operatives prepared to embark on the next chapter of their journey.

As for Morgan, his path led him to the ITC Marines bootcamp, where he would undergo further training and preparation for the trials that awaited him in the field. With his newfound skills and unwavering resolve, he was ready to take his place among the ranks of the elite, to stand as a defender of humanity's interests among the stars.
From the moment Morgan stepped foot onto the training grounds, he was thrust into a world of relentless physical and mental challenges designed to push him to his limits and beyond.

Days began before dawn, with reveille sounding to rouse the recruits from their barracks. They would line up in formation, their faces set in grim determination as they prepared to face another grueling day of training. From there, they would embark on a series of rigorous exercises, from obstacle courses to combat drills, each designed to build strength, agility, and tactical prowess.

Under the watchful eye of their drill instructors, Morgan and his fellow recruits endured endless hours of physical exertion, their muscles burning with exertion as they pushed themselves to the brink of exhaustion and beyond. But amidst the sweat and the pain, bonds of camaraderie began to form, forged in the crucible of shared hardship and mutual respect.

In addition to physical training, the recruits underwent intensive instruction in tactics, weapons proficiency, and battlefield strategy. They learned to navigate the complexities of modern warfare, honing their skills in marksmanship, hand-to-hand combat, and squad tactics.
OOC:
To be continued
Feb 23, 2024 1:23 am
The sun had barely risen over the horizon as Morgan and his fellow recruits gathered at the firing range for marksmanship training. The crisp morning air was tinged with the smell of gunpowder and ozone. The anticipation as they lined up was palpable, rifles cradled in their arms, ready to prove their mettle on the firing line.

Standing at attention, they awaited the arrival of their instructor, a stern-faced sergeant with years of combat experience etched into the lines of his weathered face. He surveyed the recruits with a critical eye, his gaze lingering on Morgan for a moment before nodding in approval.

"Alright, listen up!" the sergeant barked, his voice carrying over the din of the range. "Today, we're gonna see who's got what it takes to put lead and light on targets. Grab your rifles and follow me."

With practiced efficiency, the recruits retrieved their weapons and fell into formation behind the sergeant as he led them to their assigned firing positions. The range stretched out before them, a series of targets set at varying distances, each representing a different challenge for the marksmen-in-training.

Morgan took his place at the firing line, his fingers itching to grip the stock of his rifle. Beside him, his fellow recruits exchanged nervous glances, their expressions a mix of excitement and trepidation.

"Now, you'll be training with two types of rifles: combat rifles and laser rifles," the sergeant explained, his voice steady and authoritative. "Combat rifles pack a punch, but they're a bit harder to control. Laser rifles, on the other hand, offer pinpoint accuracy, but they're not as powerful. Your task is to demonstrate proficiency with both."
OOC:
Please, update your sheet to have both. You already had the combat, so you got the laser one for free now. Then give me two attack rolls, one with each, against DC13. Roll damage if you hit with them.

PS: Page 66 of the rulebook - the lack of recoil for non-Heavy energy weapons makes them more accurate, granting them a +1 bonus to hit rolls.
Any questions or if you need help, just ask.. =)
Feb 24, 2024 8:08 pm
Morgan takes aim and…
OOC:
My bad, added a extra space between DC and the number
Last edited February 24, 2024 8:10 pm

Rolls

Peter Morgan: Combat Rifle - ToHit DC 13 - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Peter Morgan: Laser Rifle - ToHit DC 13 - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Peter Morgan: Laser Rifle - Damage - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Feb 24, 2024 9:09 pm
A short bio:

After discovering from a young age that he had psionic abilities, Morgan felt that he didn’t fit in with he’s small farming hometown, that made him go off planet, and end up joking the "bleeding snakes" gang, he did some odd jobs here and there with them until one day he was left to die by his so called friends. He was captured by the stellar marines, and was set to spend his days in a work camp, but the marines saw his potential as a psi operative.

Tried my best with ai gen, the vibe is right, I would like a little more futuristic, but they all turned out with him as a robot lol

https://i.imgur.com/RzoDJi5.jpeg
Feb 24, 2024 11:22 pm
OOC:
I actually fixed the highlight now. It should be tolerant with spaces.
With that, the training began in earnest.

Morgan started with the laser rifle. The weapon felt sleek and futuristic in Morgan's hands as he lined up his shot, the targeting reticle glowing brightly against the backdrop of the range. With a gentle squeeze of the trigger, a beam of coherent light lanced out, striking the target with surgical precision.

Then, he readied the combat rifle, feeling the weight of the weapon in his hands as he took aim at the nearest target. The recoil was fierce as he fired off a round, the sharp crack of gunfire echoing across the range. He felt the recoil jolt through his arms and his shot missed the target by a wide margin. A sense of frustration gnawed at him as he adjusted his stance and took aim once more, determined to make the next shot count.

But before he could fire again, as the sergeant observed his miss, his expression hardened, and he wasted no time in issuing a sharp command. "Again, Morgan! And don't you dare miss this time!"
OOC:
The sergeant is looking. Repeat until you hit.
Feb 25, 2024 12:36 am
Morgan steadies his feet, and grips the gun again, he tries to remember his training, but all that comes to mind is him and his dad shooting rodents in the farm, not a care in the world, no training, no special stance, just trying their best.

He takes a deep breath and exales calmly, slowly pulling the trigger trying to move as little as possible and…
Last edited February 25, 2024 12:39 am

Rolls

Peter Morgan: Combat Rifle - ToHit DC 13 - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Feb 25, 2024 12:36 pm
The sergeant smiled but didn't praise Morgan after he hit the target.

As the marksmanship training session continued, the sergeant called for the recruits to attempt firing at targets positioned beyond the standard range of the combat rifle, pushing their skills to the limit. Morgan listened attentively as the sergeant addressed the group, his voice carrying over the firing range with a commanding presence.

"Alright, listen up, recruits," the sergeant began, his tone serious and focused. "We're gonna step things up a notch. Those targets you see out there are positioned over 150 meters away, beyond the standard range of the combat rifle. But that doesn't mean you can't hit 'em."

He paused, allowing his words to sink in before continuing. "The combat rifle may not be designed for precision shooting at extreme distances, but it's capable of hitting targets at those ranges if you know how to compensate for bullet drop and windage. It's all about making the necessary adjustments and trusting in your training."

Morgan nodded, absorbing the sergeant's words as he mentally prepared himself for the challenge ahead. He knew that hitting targets at such distances would require a steady hand, keen eyesight, and a deep understanding of ballistics.
OOC:
Now, repeat until you hit this new target with the Combat Rifle, AC 13, as usual. But... Weapons are listed with their normal and maximum range in meters. Attacks beyond normal range take a -2 penalty to hit rolls.
load next

Thread locked