Cathamber / Arc Zeekhad

load previous
Apr 22, 2024 12:40 pm
You get XP as determined by the GM at the end of a "session". (This is a rather nebulous division. Don't sweat it.) As you gain XP, you can spend it on the following:
Gain 1 HP - 6XP
Gain Weapon Proficiency Group - 8XP
Gain Mastery of Weapon - 8XP
Gain Trait - 10XP
Apr 22, 2024 8:12 pm
Ok, ok. Thanks Daryen!!
And... Is there a reference as to how much XP can be gained? I would expect this not to be too strict, but a broad reference is enough. Thx
Apr 22, 2024 8:55 pm
You will typically get 1-3 XP per "session". (Again, "session" is a bit of a nebulous term.) Elsewhere Psybermagi lists what you get XP for.

There is no limit on the number of XP you can gain as a character. There are no "levels", either. The only standard limit is that you can only have a maximum of seven chosen Traits. (I.e. you don't count any traits you gain from your heritage.) Once you have that limit of traits, then any trait you gain requires it to replace an existing one. Other than that, there aren't any limits that I am aware of.

But it does take a while to get all of that. ForeverDED (Blornvid) and I (Skeeve) have been here longer than anyone else, and neither of us have quite yet reached our Trait limits. So, it does take a while to get there.
Apr 23, 2024 4:02 pm
Thanks again Daryen!
This looks very promising, hopefully our team will have some kind of rest after this library event.
May 14, 2024 1:50 pm
Psybermagi sent a note to Cathamber
May 15, 2024 12:37 am
Psybermagi sent a note to Cathamber
May 15, 2024 7:28 am
Good to know! :)

I see you updated both XP and the History part of Arc profile, thanks! But the Bow Mastery (from becoming veteran) got erased in the process, I'll return it later.
Last edited May 15, 2024 7:58 am
May 15, 2024 11:53 am
I moved weapon mastery up next to proficiency
May 15, 2024 2:47 pm
Thanks!

Another question - sorry to have so many lately :) - If Arc takes the Druid Trait two times, so as to have two animal companions... How does it count for the purpose of the 7 traits limit? Does it count 2, or 1 (with 2 companions).
May 15, 2024 2:52 pm
That would be two Traits.

For example, Skeeve has taken Archmage twice for different sets of magic abilities. That counts as two separate Trait choices.
May 15, 2024 4:03 pm
During the week everybody was around the Base, Arc visited the stores.
Did he see anything interesting for him? For example magic archery bracelets that may boost his shooting ability? Or a book that may allow him to learn about psionics? Or an invisibility cloak (I know it is somewhat cliché, but still very useful)?
May 15, 2024 4:19 pm
I'll roll random magic tonight and let you know.
FYI Potter's clock is legendary. You won't find it in a shop.
May 15, 2024 4:40 pm
Well magic cloaks are way older than Potter, but I do get what you say. So no enchanted bow that shoots flaming arrows on command... yet. And Arc doesn't have much coin anyway.

Arc is into archery, psionics and you have already seen he became the team's scout... anything related to any of those 3 activities would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited May 15, 2024 4:42 pm
May 15, 2024 5:11 pm
Basics of Psionics could be studied in the library
May 15, 2024 5:15 pm
I see, but Arc doesn't have much XP yet to get a new trait... If he spends a week studying it in the library, can he get XP related to that specific topic?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.