karabooo / Mina Tokala-Croille

Feb 24, 2024 6:21 pm
Welcome @karabooo
This thread is for your character creation.
Review Welcome! (Intro & Rules) and Character Creation.

If you have any questions you can post them here or if you think they are general on the Q&A

When you are ready to join the story introduce your character in the Who's Who thread.
Feb 26, 2024 5:02 pm
The ~Tiny Info~ also has a bunch of information for quick reference and can be accessed by tapping the grey button below the Rolls section
https://i.imgur.com/t8yLGy8.png or opening it from the Characters menus at the bottom of the page. Additional information can be added here upon request.

Common queries are added to Tiny Q&A
Here are some basic game guidelines.
[ +- ] Formatting
[ +- ] Subscriptions & Notifications
[ +- ] Gameplay
Feb 26, 2024 5:08 pm
You belief is more an active statement. Like "Helping to break others makes us stronger to".
Basically what drives Mina. Family, empathy, community ...
I see the link for your history on your character and will get to it later after work
Feb 26, 2024 5:14 pm
Interesting magic item. This is a minor magic so come up with a origin for it that it has information on.
Ex: Are you contacting a ghost, automated magic crafted by xxxx, or another person in land zzz of progression yyy.
Or it could be a simple augory magic that give basic answers or just yes no.
Feb 27, 2024 3:49 pm
karaboo says:
Let me know if this attempt to share doesn't work, and I'll just email the doc to you.

I'm happy to make changes to this backstory as necessary, but this can be a starting place. And my apologies that it's so long! I kinda got into it...

P.S. Wasn't sure if Beastfolk and Mortalfolk can interbreed? ... I can tweak if not!
The people were one before the Shattering. Interbreeding is possible but for whatever reason is usually not fruitful. Humans with others seems the most successful by twice or three times as much.
I wasn't able to get to it last night and will try to get to it for lunch today.
As long as nothing breaks setting community there should be no problem
Do you want to wait for your friend to join the game or get started?
Feb 27, 2024 3:57 pm
We can combine psychic and healer into empathic healer for now with bits of each and when you advance split them into two complete traits if you want to get their full benefits.

•Healer Test to heal others 2 HP or non-magic sickness or Poison by touch

•Psionic Minor mental abilities or psionic attack at any range

• Empathic Healer : Your touch alows you to sense and affect the condition of living things . This includes sensing and manipulating emotions, healing and inflicting injury, and manipulating senses.
Feb 27, 2024 7:14 pm
Psybermagi sent a note to karabooo
Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am
This all sounds great! I'm okay with her using some sort of hypnosis to help with the blocking of memories, as long as it isn't too weird that her smell is in their heads now. :-P

As for her magic item, I was imagining it as her mysterious penpal friend who avoids telling her who they actually are. I think Mina had a very lonely childhood and she wrote lots of messages to it, spilling all of her guts out to it. I don't know what its knowledge or intentions are. I love a good mystery, so I'm happy to leave that detail to you. I am open to it being either a good or evil contact, as long as if it's the latter it's very deceptively so. (Mina wouldn't intentionally correspond with someone who is ill-intentioned.) I think she found this paper on her mother's desk after she left, discovered its properties entirely by accident, and has never revealed it to anyone... unless you have a better idea, of course!

I got a little confused when you were talking about combining psychic and healer into empathic healer. You listed the following possibilities for Mina:
Quote:
•Healer Test to heal others 2 HP or non-magic sickness or Poison by touch

•Psionic Minor mental abilities or psionic attack at any range

• Empathic Healer : Your touch allows you to sense and affect the condition of living things . This includes sensing and manipulating emotions, healing and inflicting injury, and manipulating senses.
Are you suggesting the first two bullets are what she can work toward? How much physical healing/damage can she inflict as an Empathic Healer?

Lastly, with sensitive hearing, when you entered "Roll with advantage on treats using hearing" did you mean to type "tests" instead of treats?
Feb 29, 2024 3:02 am
Oh, and I think we should start without my friend. He's got a lot on his plate right now, and the Gamer's Plane UI was not intuitive enough for him.
Feb 29, 2024 4:05 am
Quote:
Are you suggesting the first two bullets are what she can work toward? How much physical healing/damage can she inflict as an Empathic Healer?
The first 2 are standard traits that are well defined. What you seemed to be going for was a hybrid from what I understood. I tried to make the 3rd close to how you described your current trait by blending the 2.

• Empathic Healer : Your touch allows you to sense and affect the condition of living things . This includes sensing and manipulating emotions, healing and inflicting injury, and manipulating senses.
( Test to heal or inflict 1 health damage by touch. Test to sense or manipulate physical or emotional status. )
If you are happy with Empathic Healer as your current then then when you gain a new trait you could split 3 back into 1 & 2 or just keep 3 then add another.
Quote:
As for her magic item, I was imagining it as her mysterious penpal friend who avoids telling her who they actually are.
That works for me.
Feb 29, 2024 5:25 am
When you are ready to join the story give a 1 paragraph desctiption/introduction in
the Who's Who thread .
Feb 29, 2024 8:51 pm
I feel like I should say what town/city she is from in the intro. Should I just make up the name of it, or is there an already established location that you think would be fitting?
Feb 29, 2024 9:07 pm
The world at large is relatively unnamed
Check the maps in the Info sheet, directions above
Feb 29, 2024 9:22 pm
I see an image link there for what I suspect is a map, but it doesn't appear to be working for me right now. Oh well. For now I'll just make up a name.
Mar 1, 2024 5:18 am
There is a glitch on the map tool so here is another version of the are and world at large
[ +- ] area map
[ +- ] known world
Mar 1, 2024 3:58 pm
Thanks so much! Is the area on an island? Trying to figure out where it is in relation to the known world.
Mar 1, 2024 7:31 pm
main story focuses around the Expedition, see known world white silhouette of ruins in swamps on the western half.
You story will be starting at the western edge of the freeholds.
Mar 1, 2024 11:38 pm
OK based on your story you would likely search for your mother in the wilds so leaving the freeholds and following the trail west into the wild lands. I am going to get a your story set up this weekend. Let me know if there is anything else you need. I planned to do it today but am feeling bleagh so .... maybe in a bit or tomorrow
Mar 2, 2024 2:43 am
No worries! Take whatever time you need to rest up and recover! :)
Mar 2, 2024 3:24 pm
starting your story HERE
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.