Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 3, 2024 1:41 pm
Just realized I've been joining games and didn't even post an introduction! I'm a 5e player who's unfortunately loosing his current online gaming group. PBP seems like a great time so I'm hoping to hop into some games. I obvious enjoy 5e but I've always been interested in other titles like Mothership, Cairn, Mork Borg, Microscope, Traveler, Old Gods of Appalachia, CoC, Trophy, etc. Based on the few interactions I've had this seems like a great community!
Mar 3, 2024 3:20 pm
Welcome!

Len

Mar 3, 2024 4:13 pm
Great to have you here, z3bul0n!
Mar 3, 2024 4:45 pm
Welcome z3bul0n. All of those games have been played on GP, at least once. Microscope was interesting for sure, so much control out of any ones hands that the results can be unexpected. Trophy I didn't really like for PBP, but I'm sure opinions vary. I haven't had a chance to play Mork Borg yet.
Mar 3, 2024 4:49 pm
Welcome, z3bul0n!
Mar 3, 2024 5:10 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Qralloq ran a game of Old Gods of Appalachia some while back. GamersPlane is a great community a d a great place for PbP! We get a lot of the standard games here as well as the niche ones too.
Mar 3, 2024 5:25 pm
hi z3bul0n - there was an old RPG supplement written about you! 😁

https://i.imgur.com/AG8ar7w.jpeg
Mar 3, 2024 5:36 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome z3bul0n. All of those games have been played on GP, at least once. Microscope was interesting for sure, so much control out of any ones hands that the results can be unexpected. Trophy I didn't really like for PBP, but I'm sure opinions vary. I haven't had a chance to play Mork Borg yet.
I'm glad to hear that! It's hard to find face to face games where I'm from so this is a very exciting.
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

Qralloq ran a game of Old Gods of Appalachia some while back. GamersPlane is a great community a d a great place for PbP! We get a lot of the standard games here as well as the niche ones too.
Yes! I'm in the heart of Appalachia but sadly haven't had a chance to play yet. Hopefully soon.
Dr_B says:
hi z3bul0n - there was an old RPG supplement written about you! 😁
That is awesome! I've met very few Zebulons. Glad to see we're out there!

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Mar 3, 2024 5:46 pm
Welcome, z3bul0n!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 3, 2024 6:11 pm
Welcome to the community, z3bul0n! PbP at GP is definitely a solid way to try a bunch of different systems!
Mar 3, 2024 8:26 pm
z3bul0n says:
Yes! I'm in the heart of Appalachia but sadly haven't had a chance to play yet. Hopefully soon.
What part of Appalachia? I'm sort of skirting it myself where I live in NY.
Mar 3, 2024 8:55 pm
Windyridge says:
z3bul0n says:
What part of Appalachia? I'm sort of skirting it myself where I live in NY.
Awesome! I'm in the middle of West Virginia. Sometimes it's like living Old Gods
Mar 3, 2024 10:08 pm
Same here and I can relate! I'm in that game BTW, and so I know the setting well. 🤣
Mar 3, 2024 10:34 pm
Welcome to the site!
Mar 4, 2024 12:12 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 4, 2024 5:01 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 4, 2024 9:39 am
Welcome! Lots going on here to pique your interest hopefully!
Mar 5, 2024 7:06 pm
Welcome :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.