[Dragonbane]Nordström Institute

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDragonbanePrivate4 / weekrunekyndig
System:
Dragonbane

Adventure:
a Vaesen adventure with modifications

Setting:
Homebrew world, based on the Dragonbane setting.
To the south are the temperate civilised area, where humans, dwarfs and halflings live in civilised coexistence. Elves are rare but they do find a place among men.
OOC:
Think 17-1800s middle europa
To the north and west are the wild colder areas. More savage and tribal than down south. This is also where you find animals in men's form. Wolfkin, Catfolk and Malards
OOC:
Think 10-1200s north europa, late viking age
Magic is real and wild. There are those to spend years taming it to serve the needs of men. But there are areas, especially to the north where there is no wizards or mages to calm the wild forces, and there magic does what it pleases.

Gods could be real or just the imagination of those who need an easy explanation as to why things are as they are. There could be beings that are immensely more powerful than dragons or demons, but they don't answer payers.

https://i.imgur.com/IIsg5J7.jpeg
(AI generated map)

Mar 16, 2024 9:48 am
What is this?
My secret GP Santa gave me a Vaesen adventure, that I will run with the Dragonbane rules. I have a nostalgic love for the system, but most of the Dragonbane adventures published are dungeon crawlers and I don't like those. This is my opportunity to get some more experience with the system.

Setting:
https://i.imgur.com/IIsg5J7.jpeg
(AI-generated map)

Homebrew world, based on the Dragonbane setting.
To the south are the temperate civilised area, where humans, dwarfs and halflings live in civilised coexistence. Elves are rare but they do find a place among men.
OOC:
Think 17-1800s mediteranian europa
To the north and west are the wild colder areas. More savage and tribal than down south. This is also where you find animals in men's form. Wolfkin, Catfolk and Malards along with the other known rases. There are elfs in the north, but there are clear differences between those in the north and those in the south.
OOC:
Think 10-1200s north europa, late viking age
Magic is real and wild. There are those to spend years taming it to serve the needs of men. But there are areas, especially to the north where there is no wizards or mages to calm the wild forces, and there magic does what it pleases.

Gods could be real or just the imagination of those who need an easy explanation as to why things are as they are. There could be beings that are immensely more powerful than dragons or demons, but they don't answer prayers.

Who are your character
https://i.imgur.com/L47efpd.jpeg
You are investigators from the Nordström Institute. A prestigious institute founded by the mage Folksvang Gerna, but has grown beyond simple magical research. It is a stabilising factor and when the common people find something strange/odd/mysterious then they ask the institute for help. It is located in the northern part of the civilised lands.

We use the standard character creation rules with the following exceptions:
1: Max 1 elf in the group. They are rare after all.
2: No Mallard, wolfkin or other animal hybrids. You are from the civilised lands.
3: As an institute investigator, your gear is good-quality. When making gear rolls for food, silver etc all are maxed. ie D6 silver = 6 silver
4: The Heroic Ability under each profession are guidelines, but not mandatory. Each profession gets 1, except the mage
5: A "game session" will end at the end of our calendar month where skills can be increased during a downtime scene.
6: All optional rules apply
7: Initiative is a bit funky in Dragonbane. Unless someone in the group has some initiative ability we will be using group initiative for PBP ease

Adult Content, Controversial Themes or Marginalized Groups
I would imagine that the only group that could feel uncomfortable in this game would be furries, as there is a strong racial prejudice against the animal hybrid people.

How to Apply
Post below if you are interested in playing. I will wait a few days and try to make a group of 4 to 5 players that I am confident will stay around for at least 3-4 months.

Other
I will provide a custom character sheet that works with the dice rules in the game
Expect a posting rate of 4-5 posts per week
Last edited March 16, 2024 10:30 am
Mar 16, 2024 12:03 pm
I like the idea of running mystery adventures with Dragon bane rules a lot! But unfortunately I'm capped right now. And for longer time. So good luck with your game!
Mar 17, 2024 7:47 pm
Posting interest!
Mar 18, 2024 9:13 am
Pedrop says:
I like the idea of running mystery adventures with Dragon bane rules a lot! But unfortunately I'm capped right now. And for longer time. So good luck with your game!
Thank you.
WhiteDwarf says:
Posting interest!
Interest noted ;)
Mar 19, 2024 3:12 am
I am interested but I cannot commit to 4 posts a day. A slower pace I could do like 4 or 5 per week but then it would take much longer to run. I hope you find your players but if something changes let me know.
Mar 19, 2024 4:53 am
@Viking1031 I made a mistake in the game details. It's 4 post pr week. It's corrected now :)
Last edited March 19, 2024 4:54 am
Mar 19, 2024 11:51 am
I like Setting and Adventure, but I'm not familiar with the system. Just downloaded Quickstart PDF and it looks like I can dig through it by the end of the week. If that would be enough and you would be ready to help create my first PC you should count me interested. But I don't commit if I need the full Dragonbane core game to play, not ready for that at the moment.
Mar 19, 2024 1:12 pm
The system is fairly simple. You have a SkillLevel(SL), ie Sword 14. Roll 14 or less and you hit with your sword. But here is a few youtubes

[ +- ] Or in sweedish if you perfere
[ +- ] We still like to hear the sweedish version
Mar 22, 2024 3:50 pm
I would be interested in playing if you still have space. I've never played Dragonbane before. I've posted with on GP in a Tiny D6 game, played D&D, Pathfinder, DCC and Shadowdark (but mostly D&D). Posting 4x per week for 4ish months shouldn't be an issue. Let me know.
Mar 22, 2024 5:29 pm
Sorry but this game is closed
Mar 22, 2024 7:01 pm
runekyndig says:
Sorry but this game is closed
Ok thanks.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.