[Recruiting] Those Dark Places - LOCK&KEYstation

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedThose Dark Places/HomebrewPrivate3 / weekTatterdemalion
It is one hundred and twenty-six years after the destruction of the homeworld Bluhte, and still the system burns.
After a period of desperation and rapid consolidation, the rebels of Pyley thrust their fists into the air against the all-mighty Leviath. Every cycle, uncountable fronts open and crumble in the Kohzander Belt. It has been a generation of war, and despite the long-wave radio broadcasts advertising the opposite, the rebels are steadily losing ground.
Then, a miracle - a vital piece of intelligence uncovered by a burned Leviath spy, run to ground in a derelict warp-gate station orbiting the planet Vesse at the fringe of the system. The rebellion dispatches agents to track him down and recover the intel before Leviath forces find him.

Apr 3, 2024 11:46 am
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1157817407407128660/1225048418351579210/Warp_Gate.png?ex=661fb63f&is=660d413f&hm=a5bcc20641a4c1efe5900fcfba03b091361c37e155842c68dc2c1009a5d01eef&
Hi everyone! Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm looking for four players for this game. Please see the information and pitch below.

The Pitch
It is one hundred and twenty-six years after the destruction of the homeworld Bluhte, and still the system burns.
After a period of desperation and rapid consolidation, the rebels of Pyley thrust their fists into the air against the all-mighty Leviath. Every cycle, uncountable fronts open and crumble in the Kohzander Belt. It has been a generation of war, and despite the long-wave radio broadcasts advertising the opposite, the rebels are steadily losing ground.
Then, a miracle - a vital piece of intelligence uncovered by a burned Leviath spy, run to ground in a derelict warp-gate station orbiting the planet Vesse at the fringe of the system. Take the role of dispatched agents, either human or robotic ISOmorph, to track him down and recover the intel before Leviath forces find him.

The System
For this game we'll be using a slight hack of Osprey Games' Those Dark Places. Newcomers to the system and to PbP games are welcome! TDP is a rules-lite system that's very easy to pick up and play. Character creation is a snap, and the system only ever uses 1D6 for rolls.

The Tone and Content
For this game, I'm taking inspiration from media in retro-futurism, astro-noir, and industrial sci-fi with a hint of horror. Think of the huge, bakelite electronics and buzzing CRT screens in Alien; the smoking streets and disquieting spaces of Dark City; the loneliness of exploring decrepit stations and mines in Signalis; or even the feelings of personal alienation against the background of a larger conflict as in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

When running games, I usually aim for a tone of high PG-13 / low R depending on the preferences of the players.
This game will use Lines & Veils as safety tools.
This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.
Content Warnings for topics likely to come up during play: Violence/Death; War/Rebellion (abstract, not in focus); Poverty

Game Duration and Post Frequency
Ideally, I'm aiming for at least three posts per player, per week. A higher frequency is welcome if players have the capacity to do so.
The game should be short - there's one goal in one larger locale (with room for complication and expression); once the goal is achieved or failed, the story ends.

How to Apply
Because there's little mechanical crunch to TDP, this game will probably be more fun for players interested in digging into their character's motivations and feelings regarding the world and each other.

If the above sounds interesting, I invite you to check the game details here, and to send me a private message with the following:
[*] A brief character concept (two or three sentences max)
[*] A sample in-character post (one paragraph max)

Thanks again for your interest, and hope to hear from you soon!
Apr 3, 2024 7:25 pm
I have read the rulebook but never played, it seems great. I might apply if I can think of a fun character concept.
Apr 3, 2024 7:35 pm
This sounds fun. I'll send my character concept via PM as requested.
Apr 3, 2024 7:48 pm
I am interested.
Last edited April 3, 2024 7:48 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.