Chapter 6.1: Stellar Deliveries

load previous

Erin Brand

htech

Apr 11, 2024 9:03 am
"I'm going as well." - says Erin. - "The ship's locker has survival kits, glow bugs and everything that we need. We should grab our gear."
OOC:
So we have two options, to be chosen by each player:

1. The player chooses: you can update your character sheet with whatever you plan to have for this mission. Grab your gear with whatever TL4 stuff you wanna and update your sheet, considering the encumbrance rules.

2. The PC chooses: Choose only the armor and weapon, remove everything else and add a special item called "stuff my PC planned to bring" with the remaining encumbrance. We will swap that for relevant itens when you need it, up until your capacity. You cannot get over your enc. limit this way. For uncommon itens a dice roll may be necessary to say that your PC brought it.

Tell me your choices and we will begin the mission. In the meantime, I'm preparing something in the background.
Erin Brand

James (Synth Alpha)

htech

Apr 11, 2024 11:37 am
"Chief Engineer McRogers, I humbly inquire if it would be prudent for me, as a robotic entity, to offer my services as a volunteer for the forthcoming rescue mission. Your expertise and guidance are paramount in my decision-making process. I am not used to stay online during this bridge meetings. " - asked James, to the astonished engineer and the remaining crew, as, until that, they were just ignoring the synths nearby as if they were part of the furniture and bridge consoles.
James (Synth Alpha)
Apr 11, 2024 1:03 pm
"James, it is never prudent to volunteer. That's just Human 101. However, since you spoke up, follow me and we'll grab your gear."

Corbin and James head down to the Armory and gear up.
OOC:
My Character sheet is good as is and I'll add "stuff my PC planned to bring" into my backpack. I'll pull a backpack from the Armory for James and fill it with "stuff my PC planned to bring for James".
Apr 11, 2024 3:26 pm
"OK, this may sound overkill, but ...

Since we have pretty much anything available, I think we should seriously consider anything available. So, for weapons and armor, no one should bring their own stuff. Let's just take stuff from the armory. We should all be equipped with a laser rifle or plasma projector, and a full Assault Suit. (The reason for the laser rifle or plasma projector is that attaching it to the Assault Suit gives it unlimited ammo.) Add the side arm of your choice. There is no particular reason to screw around and I figure it is way better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. We should each also have a spare vacc suit/armored vacc suit, too, in case we have to dress down at some point. We should all also have a spare B-cell for each suit of Assault Suit.

For equipment, let's go nuts. We probably need a couple grav harnesses, grapnel launcher, glowbugs, rations, rope, survey scanner, survival kit, thermal flare, and vacc fresher. Then a stack of A-cells and some more B-cells for the grav harnesses. Probably ought to have a bioscanner, lazarus patches, a medkit, metatool, spare parts, and a toolkit, too. "

For Hank, that means assault suit, laser rifle, laser pistol, armored vacc suit, survey scanner, and grav harness (unless others are going to take that). In addition, he will take a dataslab, five line shunts, and a storage unit, just in case.

EDIT: Also a backpack to carry his computer stuff and the scanner.
Last edited April 11, 2024 5:45 pm
Apr 11, 2024 3:30 pm
OOC:
Why dressed for a full battle? Because if a highly competent salvage team is in trouble, that usually means simple reasons are out. Accidents, mistakes, things like that aren't an issue. Instead, there is either a hostile force or a hostile native life that is causing the issue. In both cases, being ready to fight hard is probably your best bet.

From a meta-game perspective, your GM just gave you access to assault armor and the nastiest weapons TL4 can give you without being asked for it. Usually that is a very big hint ...
Apr 11, 2024 5:21 pm
You make a good point, we may want to vary our weapon type, to get a better utility overall. Splitting between Plasma and laser makes sense, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring something ballistic. Are there any Void Carbines around here?
Or any Drones? If not it wouldn't be a bad idea. I know a cheap one with a good scanner (Observation Suite), and ability to carry an extra medpack, is only 500 creds. Plus we have a less fleshy scout.
OOC:
I am trying to decide if I want an Assault Suit, which is half my ready encumbrance, or get an Icarus Harness, just as good as a Combat field Uniform, but with some vacc suit and falling benefits.
I'll probably just bring a pistol due to encumbrance, I already own a laser pistol anyway.
--
What does a Backpack actually do? It seems like a good idea but it sounds like just flavor?
[ +- ] Backpack:
I will have a Climbing Harness, Survival Gear, Grapnel Launcher, lowlight Goggles, Metatool, and some Rations. (that's all my Encumbrance)
Apr 11, 2024 5:46 pm
OOC:
Can't help you on the drones, but we should have whatever weapons we want as long as they are TL4. So, yes, you can have a Void Carbine if you want.

No idea on the drones. That needs a GM answer.
Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm
"You can also count me in"

Peter did a quick inventory of the new items of the armory and he agrees with Hank

"Since we now have the option we should really take advantage of it, in the worst case we scenario we would have more cargo to carry there and back"

"We should definitely take some extra medkits and some extra food, who knows how hungry they must be or we will get"

Peter will also try to help to fit everyone with the gear they require and help anyone who does not have experience with the gear.
OOC:
I will also choose the option of stuffing my bag with "anything I need" I’m not sure what else we will be needing in the rescue.
Apr 11, 2024 11:23 pm
OOC:
Quote:
For Hank, that means assault suit, laser rifle, laser pistol, armored vacc suit, survey scanner, and grav harness (unless others are going to take that). In addition, he will take a dataslab, five line shunts, and a storage unit, just in case.
Please update your character sheet with it. Pay close attention to the ready and stowed limits. =)
Quote:
What does a Backpack actually do? It seems like a good idea but it sounds like just flavor?
It is just flavor/a in-game justification to carry this much itens. There are no mechanical benefits.

About the drone, we don't have one and no time to buy now, but you can surely get one (or more) when we get back and before the next job.
Quote:
My Character sheet is good as is and I'll add "stuff my PC planned to bring" into my backpack. I'll pull a backpack from the Armory for James and fill it with "stuff my PC planned to bring for James".
Great! Corbin will take some itens (to be defined and, if unusual, rolled) for a total of 13 Encumberance. You are good to go. =)
Quote:
I will also choose the option of stuffing my bag with "anything I need" I’m not sure what else we will be needing in the rescue.
Okay! @arthur12320 please update your character sheet with just the weapons and armor you gonna bring. I think you still have your personal items. No need to track that anymore if you don't wanna mod or bring them. Moreover, you can exclude, move then for the Notes section or even customize the character sheet, like Mercer did, to have multiple gear sections (one for owned itens, other for the loadout). =)

You can also put an item called "stuff" with the Encumberance you want to it like Corbin. This can be exchanged mid quest for items (but may need a dice roll unlike something that you choose now).

James (Synth Alpha)

htech

Apr 11, 2024 11:34 pm
Quote:
Corbin and James head down to the Armory and gear up.
"Sir, I don't think it's prudent for me to carry a gun. If people see that, they can panic or misunderstand. But I would very much like some armor. Can I use one, even though I am just a robot? It fits my humanoid body, I just dont know if that's allowed. "
James (Synth Alpha)
Apr 12, 2024 4:06 am
OOC:
I was not planning on giving James any weapons and I don't see a reason not to wear 'armor' but a vac suit seems silly as a synth wouldn't be affected by 'vacuum/poison gas/etc.'
Apr 12, 2024 6:00 am
Will we be taking the shuttle to the site? if so I advise we take a backup of stores in the shuttle:
Rations: whole party, and rescuees: 2 Days
Solar recharger
Power Cell A: 20
Power Cell B: 10
Medkit: 2
Bioscanner
Atmofilter: 3
Scout report
Low-light goggles: 5
Glowbug: 20
Mechanical Toolkit
Lazarus patch: 5
Comm server or Field Radio
Demo Charge: 5? 10?
Pressure tent: 2
Portabox: 2
A couple spare parts
Extra Woven Body Armor: 3?
Vacc Suits: 3

Also I'd love to say to being a stand mounted Anti-Vehicle Lase or Railgun but I dont think that would be approved. I'm probably already pushing it.

But would love to know what we can bring
Apr 12, 2024 11:47 am
OOC:
You can pack the Solaris with supplies, no problems. Hank's loadout is that is not clear for me yet. Armor (even worn) takes encumbrance, weapons, gear, etc. as well. You are overloaded, I think, specially because of the armor/extra vacc suit. Mercer is overloaded as well, each type B battery takes 1 enc.

By the way, Hank and Mercer doesn't know how to use powered armor (ie. an assault suit and everything in that category) as that's military grade equipment that you didn't train for. See page 64. You need at least one month training with it when we get some downtime, if you wanna use it in the future. When I mentioned the crew can get TL4 equipment I was refering to costs, as they are included in the armory. Moreover, Douklan, Corbin and Peter did train for that, it's part of their military background, so they can use one if they want. Can you fix Hank's and Mercer's loadout?
Quote:
I was not planning on giving James any weapons and I don't see a reason not to wear 'armor' but a vac suit seems silly as a synth wouldn't be affected by 'vacuum/poison gas/etc.'
Okay! =)

Apr 12, 2024 2:01 pm
OK, fair point on the armor. So ...

Jil, Erin, Douklan, Corbin, and Peter should all take an Assault Suit, a spare B-cell and a suit of Combat Field Uniform. (There is no point in using Woven Body Armor. Use CFU instead.) They can then wear whichever armor makes the most sense for the situation. They should all have a Laser Rifle or Plasma Projector as their long arm. If they want an alternative long arm or a side arm, they can put that in the shuttle, too. Hank will strongly recommend this as it is better to be over prepared than under prepared.

Mercer should take whichever kind of vacc suit he prefers and a CFU. He will only wear whichever one makes the most sense.

Hank will take an armored vacc suit and a CFU. As above, he will chose whichever armor makes sense when they get there. He will take both a laser rifle and a laser pistol, but only wear the pistol and three A-cells, storing the rifle on the shuttle. He takes a TL4 backpack and loads it with a dataslab, six line shunts, a storage unit, a field radio, binoculars, and a survey scanner. (He will fill out any additional capacity when they get there.)

He makes sure that the following minimums are present, with anything missing loaded onto the shuttle:
- At least two bioscanners, medkits, toolkits, metatools, sets of spare parts, grapnel launchers, grav harnesses, vacc fresher.
- Three days of rations and water per person.
- One atmofilter, climbing harness, grav chute, low-light goggles, rope, survival kit, telescoping pole per person.
- A full box of glowbugs.
- Ten B-cells.
- A full box of A-cells.
(This is just the intended minimums for the group. If two people already have metatools, then drop it from this list.)

Does that work?
Apr 12, 2024 2:44 pm
htech says:
OOC:
You can pack the Solaris with supplies, no problems. Hank's loadout is that is not clear for me yet. Armor (even worn) takes encumbrance, weapons, gear, etc. as well. You are overloaded, I think, specially because of the armor/extra vacc suit. Mercer is overloaded as well, each type B battery takes 1 enc.
OOC:
100% I knew I was too, just hadn't finalized my list.. I should be good now.
I have appropriate armor for his training too.
Everything that is "Stored" I assume to be stored at the Celestial Voyager(Like the extra armor I my sheet I own but am.not taking). And not available
Apr 12, 2024 11:44 pm
OOC:
Okay, I think I got it. Let's move on.

Thread locked