Characters

load previous
Mar 19, 2015 11:10 pm
Hay everybody, while Kaizival is getting caught up with life I thought I'd put together a discussion of character motivations and aspects to keep people in the game and flesh out the characters a bit more before we get into what I suspect will probably be a more RP heavy section of game. Here are 27 questions I found online that we could start with. A lot of these will already be answered by backstories but a lot of them are nice little details so we can get to know each others' characters better.

1. How old is your character?
2. Are your parents still alive?
3. If one or both of your parents are dead when and how did they die?
4. Who raised you after your parents died?
5. Do you have any siblings?
6. Have any of them died?
7. If any siblings have died how did they die?
8. What do your siblings do?
9. Is your character married?
10. Does your character have children?
11. What social class is your character from?
12. How has their upbringing affected their world view?
13. How did your character get started in their chosen class?
14. Does your character have any heroes or inspirational figures?
15. Does your character have any significant personal items?
16. Is your character religious?
17. Is your character guided by a prophecy?
18. What is your character’s view on magic?
19. Has your character ever served in the military?
20. Has your character ever been arrested? What for?
21. How did your character meet his current adventuring companions?
22. Has your character ever crossed anyone?
23. Does your character have any enemies?
24. What are your character’s goals in life?
25. How important is the accumulation of wealth?
26. If your character died tomorrow what would they be remembered for?
27. Where did your character learn or train their skills?
Mar 19, 2015 11:51 pm
Alright, so apparently I got some kind of survey questions the Brass want me to answer so here goes.

1. I'm 20 years old. I'll be 21 in the next few weeks.
2. Hell if I know. If I was a betting man, which I happen to be, I'd bet on no.
3. Again, no clue. They were in one memory and in the next I was all alone.
4. The streets, myself, and I suppose Raiden helped. It was a mutual mentorship.
5. Nah. I was the oldest and the parents went the way of the ashes before they had any more kids.
6. I don't think people who don't exist can die, but what do I know.
7. Look up brainiac!
8. ^^^^^!
9. Ha! Married? Don't waste my time with stupid questions. Marriage requires a commitment, and I don't make promises I can't keep. I can't promise I'm gunna live long enough to marry someone, especially to raise kids.
10. No. Don't think I ever will. This world doesn't need a mini Osiris Yesran. Not to mention the fact that I don't want a my kid to grow up without a father, and there is a very high possibility of that happening.
11. Miscreant, rascal, street-rat, whatever you wanna put at the bottom of the pecking order.
12. Some say I'm pessimistic, but when you've seen as many corpses (not necessarily dead) as I have, reality tends to look pretty harsh. Nothing is easy out here, especially for a couple of miscreants without parents.
13. I've was a con/performer pretty much my entire childhood trying to survive. Now I'm a runner because I wanted something to do that also came with free meals and a good cash-out.
14. There are no heroes where I'm from, but I love the way Darani cares about everyone in the crew. There are few leaders who give a damn about their people these days. Raiden and I have a lot of mutual respect that comes from being partners in crime from the age of 7.
15. If I did, I sure as hell wouldn't tell any of you all about them. (OCC: Osiris has a personal diary that records his thoughts, providing both images and sound of the events with commentary from Osiris at the time of recording.)
16. Religions are a waste of time if you want my honest opinion.
17. Not that I know of. What kind of question is this? Who writes this bullshit?
18. Well, I use psionics on a regular basis. They were the basis for my career as a performer and a con artist which allowed me to eat despite being an orphan on the outer ring, so I'd say I'm a fan.
19. Are you seriously asking this right now? Are you really asking a Runner if they've ever served in the military? What the hell do you think I'm doing right now, and have been doing for the last four years?
20. No, I never got caught. Lawmen are always from the inner rings. They never stood a chance at keeping up with the likes of Raiden and I.
21. I met the members of my unit when they each joined. I was the first one here. Darani was next, and they all came in at various points after that.
22. I don't get attached. I don't make deals. I don't make promises. But when I do, I don't go back. When I give you so much as a look of concern, you know that I will do anything to bring you home safe, even if it means I ain't coming back.
23. There are always people looking to get at the rascals that don't fall in line. So yeah, I'd bet so.
24. Not dying is pretty high on the list right about now. We'll see how it goes after that.
25. A brother's got to eat. Beyond that, I don't really have much of a use for money other than the manipulation of people who like shiny things.
26. Not a damn thing. I am insignificant. I am a nobody. No one will remember Osiris Yesran, and that's just fine by me. I don't need recognition from a world that sought nothing but my ruin.
27. If you haven't figured it out yet, I was raised on the streets, by the streets. That is where I learned everything I know now.

(OCC: There we are. One down. Three to go.)
Mar 20, 2015 6:00 am
OOC: Fun fun fun, I was thinking of something like this idea as well, cannot wait to get started again! I'm looking to some good RP as well, Kai better pull his head out a certain protruding something 3 soon ;). Here we go:
Reading the survey Ara thinks: Could the brass get any more sinister? This question about my military occupation is very suspicious.
Poking Spax in the head with the survey and passing it on she starts on her own (I'll answer whichever ones I feel are important, thank you very much, the other ones I'll just doodle).

1. How old is your character?
19 years old. (Ara peeks at Osiris's and smiles, he's practically a Flintstone).

2. Are your parents still alive?
Yes. Pops is getting a little sick though.

5. Do you have any siblings?
I have Miu, she's been one upping me since we were kids! I still love her though, and I'm just happy we both are okay. I've also been wasting time with Spax since we were little babies in the inner city. I also consider the runners to be my brothers and sisters, they've been pretty welcoming to a naive city girl like me. They are pretty crazy though! It's almost like a zoo!

6. Have any of them died?
A lot of them died to those damn ugly slug things, but before we only had concussions and the occasional scary situation. Those things were unnatural.

9. Is your character married?
(drawing of little hearts that swirl upwards off the page)
I think a lot about love and that cute stuff, but it just seems so complicated. I need more experience in just about everything before really considering anything at all like it. But my feelings feel so confused sometimes!

12. How has their upbringing affected their world view?
I thought the world was my canvas, all sunshine and daisies. It was almost a little too happy and naive now, but I'm not letting it go. But anyway when I hit that big red button everything changed. That thing wanted to eat me, I think, and I had to think and trust myself for once to get away from that damned monster. And it was scary. The thing, the flames, the heat, protecting Miu, it was almost to much to take, I felt like I was on the edge of crazy!
Still, I think life is beautiful and still pretty great the way it is, the scary stuff makes it worth even more than before. And something seems to be looking out for me, to cover for me not knowing that much.

13. How did your character get started in their chosen class?
Well like Spax I was totally into the Defensers, they're just so cool. He loves them, but I could not have said the same, at least until Soniku protected me and Miu. I think I'm in his religion now, there is something almost alive under that ridiculous armor of theirs. You fixers better get to fixing Soniku ASAP, by the way, I know you're reading this. (drawing of angry chibi pointing straight at you)

14. Does your character have any heroes or inspirational figures?
A whole bunch, I used to sneak out with Spax to watch performers that gave our parents conniptions. I liked one band a lot, they're called Supamikun, they just didn't care what other people thought and I've always wanted that kind of freedom. Oh yeah, they've got a show on next week! I'm also a big admirer of my Pops, he hates the nickname, but I admire him because he's tough and never seems to get nervous or unsure of himself.
OOC: I'm establishing that there is a band called Supamikun, they play a mix of j-pop and death metal. Maybe they can be like an idol group (Japanese pop stars) in Gurrai? That'd be incredibly STUPID but honestly kind of cool.
I'll finish this tomorrow, thanks Kenny for the inspiration!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.