Chapter 6.2: Daring Rescue

load previous
May 4, 2024 4:03 am
OOC:
If you're worried about their attack, I advise a disengage or Full Defense.
Last edited May 4, 2024 4:03 am
May 4, 2024 9:24 am
OOC:
NPCing to keep things moving
Gripping the laser rifle tightly, Peter swung the buttstock of his weapon with all his strength, aiming for the rat's head. The creature squealed in surprise but its cybernetically-enhanced reflexes allowed it to evade Peter's strike.

Either way, because of the crew's recent kills in close sucession, a sudden change rippled through the horde. With a series of high-pitched squeals, the rats began to flee, their glowing eyes darting frantically as they scrambled to escape the relentless barrage of gunfire and blades.

"It appears that we have succeeded," James remarked, his mechanical voice devoid of emotion as he analyzed the situation. "The rats have fled, likely deterred by our coordinated defense and disciplined firepower."
OOC:
End of combat unless the crew wanna pursue the fleeing rats. What do you do?

Rolls

Morale check ML8 - (2d6)

(45) = 9

Peter Morgan: Stab - (1d20-2)

(10) - 2 = 8

May 4, 2024 1:55 pm
Mercer watches the rats flee, not turning to the group as he asks. Is everyone ok?
May 4, 2024 2:46 pm
"I think so." Douklan looks around at the others. "Unless there's a reason to stay, let's get a move on. Those rats have just been startled; they might come back. But aside from that, we've got miles to go before we reach the others. We're not going to help them if we stick around here."
May 4, 2024 6:04 pm
"I agree. Let's get moving!"
May 5, 2024 3:46 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 11:59 UTC

Abandoned farming village, Underworld, Zyronis

After the rats fled, the crew soon left the abandoned farming village and continued their mission.
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
It's interesting when playing a game where each enemy defeated doesn't give Exp, so characters can act more natural.
Not only it makes sense to flee sometimes in this game, as XP is different, you also don't need to loot everything in every dungeon and every building. Hehehehe =DD
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 12:21 UTC

Underworld, Zyronis

ETA to the Salvage Team’s current position: 20-30 minutes
https://i.imgur.com/jwy7FHW.jpeg
As the crew pressed forward, the floor beneath their boots had transitioned from dirt to smooth, slick metal, causing their footsteps to echo with a metallic resonance. Puddles of murky water pooled in the corners, reflecting the dim glow of the weak and bluish overhead lights like fractured mirrors. The powerful sun lamps from the previous village were not used here.

As they kept walking, the air grew increasingly cold and heavy with moisture, beads of condensation clinging to the metallic walls like tears. Occasional drips echoed through the corridors, a rhythmic reminder of the constant battle against the encroaching dampness. The walls seemed to close in, their surfaces marred with patches of corrosion and streaks of unknown substances, hinting at the countless secrets hidden within the labyrinthine depths of Zyronis. Despite the oppressive atmosphere, the crew pressed on.

Suddenly, Vasquez contacted them through the previously shared communications channel:

Luca Vasquez
"Mercer, come in! We're under fire! Robots—unknown origin— are pinning us down with lasers! We need immediate assistance!"
OOC:
What do you do? Douklan, James and Corbin are faster than the rest. Are you gonna split so they can arrive faster?

Or everybody hustling but staying together? If any of you wanna increase the pace, gimme an Exert check, please.

James (Synth Alpha)
"Armed synthetics. Interesting." - remarked James - "Should I have a laser pistol to protect you against those robots, sir?" - it asked Corbin.
OOC:
What do you do?
May 5, 2024 4:36 pm
"We have reinforcements coming in soon. ETA [whatever the faster group would be]."
Then Mercer looks at Douklan, James, and Corbin. "Go. They need you more than the rest of us do. "
Mercer will keep up as best he can, but will keep with Peter if Peter is slower than his exert.
Last edited May 6, 2024 12:23 am

Rolls

Mercer Canaan Furio: Exert - Usual roll - (2D6+-1)

(36) - 1 = 8

James (Synth Alpha)

htech

May 5, 2024 4:50 pm
James (Synth Alpha)
James stays with Corbin, using its robotic legs to match the human's pace.
OOC:
Corbin and Douklan can gimme an Exert as well, now for the faster group.
May 5, 2024 7:13 pm
OOC:
oh yeah. And keepingy eyes out just in case.

Rolls

Mercer Canaan Furio: Notice - Usual roll - (2D6+1)

(24) + 1 = 7

May 6, 2024 12:09 am
OOC:
Does James have any combat skills? If given a gun, would be of any use with it? Still, it's a dangerous precident.

"Go ahead, we'll keep up as best we can."
May 6, 2024 12:24 am
OOC:
Also, can James keep up with the faster group? If so he may be helpful carrying someone if need be.
May 6, 2024 12:26 am
OOC:
Quote:
Does James have any combat skills? If given a gun, would be of any use with it?
Regular synths actually roll 1d20 with no bonus nor penalties for most of its attacks (Shoot and Stab. It doesn't Punch, as his metallic hand is a weapon of sorts). Laser and burst bonus do apply, though, so if the appropriate weapon is used it can have as high as 1d20+3
Quote:
Still, it's a dangerous precident.
Yours and/or Corbin's decision, not mine =DDD
May 6, 2024 12:29 am
OOC:
PhoenixScientist says:
Also, can James keep up with the faster group? If so he may be helpful carrying someone if need be.
Very likely, but will depend on their worst and best Exert roll. So far, its following Corbin.
May 6, 2024 3:00 am
Although not saying it out loud Peter's face is full of shame, besides missing the shot and the melee attack on the rats, it was his poor judgement of getting into the house that got them in to this situation in the first place.

When the call comes through the radio Peter only waits to see who else is going to run with him and starts sprinting to try and keep up.
OOC:
sorry for the hiatus guys, but i'm back.

Rolls

Peter Morgan: Unskilled exert - (2d6-1)

(66) - 1 = 11

May 6, 2024 2:23 pm
"Not at the moment James, let's wait and see what we encounter."

Corbin takes off with the others towards Vasquez's group.

Rolls

[SWN] Corbin McRogers: Exert - (2d6+2)

(43) + 2 = 9

May 6, 2024 7:26 pm
Sorry. Forgot to roll.

Rolls

Hank Heron: Unskilled Exert - (2d6-1)

(26) - 1 = 7

May 7, 2024 12:15 pm
Douklan watched as the crew split up, a sense of urgency driving their actions. James, Corbin, and Peter surged forward, their determination evident in every stride as they pushed ahead to reach Vasquez as quickly as possible.

But Douklan's attention was soon drawn to Mercer, who stood beside him, his gaze focused on the retreating figures. There was a steely determination in Mercer's eyes as he turned to Douklan, his voice firm.
Quote:
"Go," Mercer said, his words cutting through the tense silence of the corridor. "They need you more than the rest of us do."
Hank says:
"Go ahead, we'll keep up as best we can."
Douklan hesitated for a moment. He was ready to set off at a brisk pace and leave Mercer and Hank behind. Would he?
OOC:
What do you do?

Rolls

Douklan Paravides: Exert - (2d6)

(43) = 7

May 7, 2024 12:32 pm
OOC:
arthur12320 says:
When the call comes through the radio Peter only waits to see who else is going to run with him and starts sprinting to try and keep up.
Usually, we will just upgrade skills between chapters. But Peter has Skill Points banked, you rolled an incredible Double 6s and I feel it would be dramatically appropriate if you wanna get "Exert" to level 0 right now.

@arthur12320 do you want to increase it permanently, spending the SP as usual?

Either way, because of your roll, you're going with the trained group, at least this once =)
May 7, 2024 1:02 pm
OOC:
Yes let's do it, i will deduct the points from my sheet and add the exert level, you all see Peter's muscle visible increase at that moment lol
May 7, 2024 4:33 pm
OOC:
As an aside, buying the skill right now will circumvent what you were going to do with it later. On the plus side, it means you will probably be able to buy that telepathic ability I recommended back when you gained your second level.
load next

Thread locked