Hello there

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm
My name is John, go by Nuttyartist in most internetty type places. I'm here because I want to try out pbp, and I need more rpg in my life. I have a weekly cyberpunk red game (live over discord) that's cancelled 50% of the time. I've run Kids on Bikes, love CoC (not played more than a handful of games though), and will be trying The Walking Dead (with my Cyberpunk gang) sometime soon.

I've joined Tiny Shattered Lands, which seems like a great place to start, and I can actually play a character that's been knocking around my head for some time (I never had a chance to play DnD or similar).

I'd also be interested in something Cthulhu oriented, or Fallout/Wasteland-esque if they are ever an option. Maybe Shadowrun.

Take care, and maybe I'll run into some of you.
Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm
Welcome :)
Apr 18, 2024 3:55 pm
Welcome!
Apr 18, 2024 4:02 pm
Welcome!
Apr 18, 2024 4:11 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Apr 18, 2024 5:06 pm
Welcome Nuttyartist. What sorts of art do you engage in?
Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm
Welcome to GP, Nuttyartist!
Apr 18, 2024 6:13 pm
Welcome, Nuttyartist!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Apr 18, 2024 11:36 pm
Welcome to GP!

Len

Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am
Welcome to our community, John!
Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am
Welcome to GP, John!
Apr 19, 2024 5:59 am
Welcome to the forums
Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am
Welcome :)
Apr 19, 2024 9:49 am
Welcome! For some reason I find rpgs run over Discord a tad more short-lived than the ones on PbP sites such as PbP. Dunno why.
Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
BedzoneII says:
Welcome! For some reason I find rpgs run over Discord a tad more short-lived than the ones on PbP sites such as PbP. Dunno why.
The game im in on discord is a regular table top game - live with cameras and audio, rolling dice etc. it works pretty good for us, we’ve been running the cyberpunk game for over 2 years now. Lately people have been calling out more for irl reasons.

I can see discord not working so well for pbp because theres so much else going on there.
Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome Nuttyartist. What sorts of art do you engage in?
Hi! Well all sorts really, but Im making a concerted effort these days to focus on comic book type stuff. Ive been using clip studio paint for 2-3 years, but havent abandoned traditional materials. And i am a no Ai zone. terrible for artists and any industry that employs artists.
Apr 20, 2024 5:19 am
AI is a good tool, that's that. I use it as a tool only or when I get a snag somewhere. I am against it as a pure end result.

What comics? You have any samples of your work? I am an aspiring comic artist, I have tons of material written (scenarios) that I want to make into comics.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.