0a. High Sun Games.

load previous
May 2, 2024 2:13 pm
I frown.

My orders are to not let anybody in. It's bad enough that the micro-dragon got in there. I also don't think "Lord" Fitzwilliam would be very happy about the young lady going in the arena. So yeah, I gotta mind.

I signal my squad to prepare to restrain these people if they try to enter the arena.
May 2, 2024 2:20 pm
Kif quietly watches the games from his seat, taking in the splendor and spectacle. His wasn't a fantastic seat, as those cost far more than he was willing to spend for an afternoon's frivolity, but it was near one of the exits. With any luck, he could beat the rush of those exiting the stadium.

It had been an entertaining affair, to be sure, and he was glad he had decided to attend. Too often he let his work get the better of him... times like these reminded him life was for the living.

Kira Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 2, 2024 2:39 pm
Kif, the girl which had exited the arena earlier drops a necklace in your hand.
Kira Darvis
"You do realize I came out if there right?" Kira says attempting to push past, but is easily restrained. "I mean his orders probably didn't Involve me, simply anyone Involved with my father... And I'd say I'm pretty Involved with my father, you know being related to him and beside him when they took my father in and all that, I'll only ask once more let us pass."

"plus you should probably pay more attention to the person who, has been stealing Jewelry."

She says pointing at Kif in the row of seats just above the standing area.
OOC:
Kif gets a chance to try and do respond. Though I might add he doesn't know why the girl gave him a necklace

Rolls

Kira Slight of Hand - (1d20+9)

(9) + 9 = 18

Kif Stockniv: Perception - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Warin: Perception - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

May 2, 2024 2:58 pm
I frown some more.

I'm not part of the petty crimes division, I'm arena security. I'm sorry that your father is in there, because that doesn't bode well for your future relationship with him. However, I can't let you in unless you can convince my commanding officer to make an exception. I don't always like my orders, but I know how to carry them out.
Last edited May 2, 2024 3:32 pm
May 2, 2024 3:24 pm
The hell?

"Miss, what's the point of dropping this necklace? Explain yourself!" Kif will stand, and follow the girl if need be.

Kira Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 2, 2024 3:43 pm
"I don't need it... It's not particularly valuable, I I figure you can give it to someone who will appreciate it."
Kira Darvis
May 2, 2024 5:44 pm
"And who exactly is your commanding officer?" Mazdu asks Warin
Last edited May 2, 2024 5:44 pm
May 2, 2024 7:53 pm
"I think not. I'm not taking random necklaces from random girls," Kif replies, handing it back.
May 2, 2024 8:36 pm
AnonGL says:
"And who exactly is your commanding officer?" Mazdu asks Warin
Lieutenant Gworl is my CO. Half-orc, about six and a half feet tall, with a big scar running from his chin to the corner of his left eye. You can't miss him. He orders me to let you in, and you're good to go.
May 2, 2024 10:41 pm
"Aack!" Gworgi yelped. Phew! Well, better him than me. He grinned and looked about. Now, where you at Kira Papa. Edgin eh? Edgin, Edgin...

Behind Gworgi, Simon was buried to his waist, his bum sticking out in the air as the mimic attempted to snack on him. Muffled sounds game from within, drowned out by the slavering sound of the mimic's gnawing.

Gworgi began calling out for this Edgin, stepping away for a moment before turning back with a harrumph. "Okay okay, Gworgi help useless idiot!" He rushed over to grab one of Simon's leg and pull.
OOC:
Help action to give Simon Advantage as the idiot tries to free himself.
May 2, 2024 11:40 pm
Mazdu looks around to see if he spots Lieutenant Gworl
May 3, 2024 12:24 am
🕰️ 5:17pm
Simon

Simon struggles against the Mimic and pulls himself free with Gworgi's help he mutters a quick 'Thanks' and then is on his way again. "We're quite a bit behind. He says panting, it's what happens when they stick a power damping cuff on a wizard and stiff him in a maze.

There, he says pointing. Ahead of him is a group of very Injured Individuals who have just taken down what appears to be their second displacer beast.
Kira Darvis

Warin doesn't lie Lieutenant Gworl isn't hard to spot, especially since he's standing at the very top of the arena in the veiwing area that hangs above the arena.

"It's a joke." Kira says when she too spots him, "You, they do the same thing in bars all the time, don't like the wine, you can talk to my manager he's here every other day, as in not today, a different day.

Rolls

Simon Escape DC13 - (2d20H1+2)

(1215) + 2 = 17

Damage - Simon - (1d8+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

May 3, 2024 12:58 am
Look miss, you seem nice enough and I am truly sorry for your Dad. I don't doubt that Fitzwilliam screwed him over. But it's the gallows for me and my squad if we willingly disobey direct orders.
May 3, 2024 1:13 am
"You wizard?" Gworgi asked. "Wizard smart. You..." Gworgi shook his head in a fit of laughter, waving away the thought.

He followed the idiot, wondering whether it was smart to do so, but then rushed ahead to the group of injured folks that the "wizard" pointed at. "Edgin!" He yelled at them. "Kira Papa Edgin! Kira looking for Edgin!"

Edgin Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 12:19 pm
🕰️ 5:18pm
Edgin Darvis

"Yes, Where is she? And can you help with these? He holds up his hands to show the cuff on each wrist.

"Yeah" a tall female warrior cuts in, "Are you here to help them or you just here to die with us?"
May 3, 2024 5:52 pm
Mazdu telepathically talks to Kira, "Hello Kira, this Mazdu speaking into you with magic, so they do not overhear us. Should we just make a run for it? It's looking like our only options are that or trying to take them down"
OOC:
I'm using my Telepathic Speech subclass feature

Kira Darvis

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 6:04 pm
Kira Darvis
"If you can get past them I can." She responds her expression barely changes as she turns to walk away, "We'll thanks for letting me out at least." she says rolling her eyes and then vanishes into the crowd.
May 3, 2024 6:17 pm
I give a satisfied grunt and tell the squad to go back to their normal stations. Not getting into trouble for not following orders.
May 3, 2024 7:51 pm
Gworgi looked at Edgin worriedly. "Gworgi not chop off hands! You sick sick man, poor little Kira. Now come!" Gworgi shook his head, he was dealing with idiots!

He turned around and began running, looking back to make sure they followed. He had no idea where he was going, but projecting confidence was half the work. "Is easy, see? This way out. Soon. Yes. Very soon."
May 3, 2024 8:17 pm
STOP!
"DON'T!" Edgin and the woman yell at the same time the woman throwing herself forward to tackle you, "If you go that way it'll let another one of these displacer beasts in here." Edgin says, "Plus it's a dead end." the woman adds, same if you head the way back they blocked it if the moment we got here, we'd have to get past the displacer beasts."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.