0b. Mount Glaurimm Erupts

Apr 27, 2024 5:09 pm
Where do we find you on the Day the Volcano Erupts?

The Shake Up

Gearspark

Apr 27, 2024 11:58 pm
Hensonious and Belladona Weavering were out running an errand in the Arcanist Quarter the day Neverwinter was ravaged by the events following Mt. Glaurimm's eruption.

There was to be a meetup, and they awaited their contact towards the outskirts of the district. The deal was simple enough. Scrolls for coin, no questions asked.
[ +- ] Art if you want it.
The Shake Up
Last edited April 28, 2024 12:34 am

Belladona Weavering

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am
Belladona Weavering
🕰️ 4:59pm
"What if it's a setup?" Belladona asked again, she seemed particularly paranoid today, but then again so had your father, maybe she was drawing off his energy after all he hadn't said who the deal was with not today no one person couldn't have to much Information Hensonious understood the scrolls that was his Job, he understood what they would do in theory when used, but he'd never seen spells like this before.

Contact

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 28, 2024 12:50 am
Contact
🕰️ 5:00pm
A Figure dropped from the rooftop her movements silent, she held a bag in one hand clearly not ready to release it even if she was given what she wanted. And in the other she held a orange tulip, Belladona nodded this was the contact, and she was as was often the case exactly on time, after all standing for to long in one place was likely to get the attention of the citizen militia.
Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am
Warin was 7 at the time. His fled from his home with his family. They lost much, but had each other.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 28, 2024 1:30 am
"Calm yerself, there's a reason we go together."

Hensonious pulled the sack of scrolls close. There was always a risk of things going south when dealin under the table. The weave was in turmoil of late and most folk were beginning to pull away from the business the Weavering family had grown.

As more clients pulled out of long standing contracts, there was an ever increasing need to deal with a shadier side of the city. People a little more comfortable with risks in utilizing the arcane wares they dealt in.

"Look, I'd like ta be done with this whole side hustle too. But te money keeps us churning on. Now no more frettin over this."

Right on schedule the contact dropped to make the swap. He eyed the bag, a thick brow raised as he removed the scroll sack and tilted it towards her, spreading the enclosure to give a peak at the contents.

"All as asked."
Hensonious Weavering

Contact

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 28, 2024 11:13 am
🕰️ 5:02pm
Contact

"The Beckoning Death" She muttered, "and here I Was thinking it would be a gross approximation..." she lifted the bag, to Belladona to Inspect, she out her hand under the bag feeling the weight of it, this bag contained refined sapphire, and by the looks of it not a small amount. Belladona nodded, she had this uncanny sense of how much something weighed and could tell this was exactly what was asked for.

Taking the scrolls the contact turned to leave just as the first quake hit, it was a slight tremor in the ground nothing crazy but it was enough that Belladona jumped back, "do any of the scrolls do that?" she whispered. It was always a risk that the product would be used against you, but you came prepared for such things.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 28, 2024 2:32 pm
Beckoning Death? Great. The gemstones might as well seep with blood to emphasize their deal's impact. As if to follow through on the impending atmosphere, the earth itself began to tremble.

Belladona whispered her worry to him, but a simple spell was not worth the payment they recieved. No, this was something else. Perhaps Mystra was showing Her displeasure after so many dirty deals?

Their family was blessed with a knack at manipulating magics. It was what made them popular up until recently, and it may have explained why despite the unease around the arcane, they still managed to produce functioning products.

"No request fer a tremor scroll, an I don't sense the workings of a spell here. This ain't our work. Best get movin, I 'ave a bad feelin."

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited April 28, 2024 3:34 pm

It's gonna blow!

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 28, 2024 4:15 pm
It's gonna blow!

As you turn to run the shaking continues... Getting stronger and stronger, Belladona turns back for a second, "The Contact, she's gone." Bella says, If you're contact used that much magic at once to get out if here that could only mean one of two things she was incredibly foolish or...

Smoke is rising from the top of Mount Glaurimm, that mountain was supposed to be Inactive, any dwarf who knew anything about the mountains in this region knew that all it did was heat the River and a small Forge that had been built near the base. But that was smoke, and that mountain was close to the city too close.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 29, 2024 1:21 am
[ +- ] There Goes The Neighborhood 🌋
Hensonious grabs Belladona by the sleeve and pulls her along.

"Ferget the damned contact Belladonna! The ground is pissed an we got tall buildins all around us. We gotta move!"

He wasn't sure where the quakes would strike the hardest, but one thing was obvious, they needed to get out of the district. Far too many buildings could collapse if the quakes continued, and by the looks of the smoke coming from Glaurimm, it was about to be much worse.
Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 6, 2024 12:35 am

Ferrymen

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am
🕰️ 5:18pm
Ferrymen
You race through the streets looking for a way out, any way out, but you're too far away from the Protectors Enclave to head that way leaving the city brings you closer to the danger not further away and the river which would likely protect you from the explosion is practically a war zone as people fight over boats pushing for a way across as the quakes get stronger and stronger.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 30, 2024 1:42 am
"Weave smother these fools!" Hensonious fumed as he observed the chaos breaking out at the waterway.

People were in full on panic. Many dove into the water while others fought over the few boats available. Strong opportunists lashed out on women and children, their fright-filled resistance futile.

He needed a way out, but to go down the well tread routes would only lead to more of the same.

He glared at Belladonna, something about her worry agitated him. "Well don't jus stand there lookin helpless! We need a way out of the city, think!"

Belladona gave him a look that usually came before a tightly wound punch, but she shook her head and scrunched her temple in contemplation. "I-It's likely unstable, but there's a teleportation circle not too far from here. People won't be scramblin over magical means with the way things have been. Worth a shot, right?"

Hensonious grunted and stroked his beard, the magic could very well send them piece by piece to other locations, but at least the death would be rather quick compared to sudden burial. "Aye, worth a try. Better than gettin buried or mauled to death. Lead the way then!"

The duo rushed down emptying streets, favoring alleys as the ground tested their balance. After what felt like far too long, they arrived at an abandoned shop. "In here!" Belladonna shouted as she darted through the off tilt doorway.

The circle was in a backroom, partially obscured by items that had fallen off the nearby shelving. "Help me clear it, we can't wait, or burial is the least of our concerns!"

Hensonious gets to work pulling the various boxes and materials away, but darts a few glances at his sister. "How did you know about this thin anyway?"

Belladonna rolls her eyes as she finishes clearing the final loose papers that covered the arcane symbols. "Dated a guy. He showed it off to get laid. It's linked to Baldur's Gate, at least it was. Maybe we just die, now hush, I gotta focus."
OOC:
Have fun. I said Baldur's Gate, but magic is fucked, so you can use it or toss it.
Hensonious Weavering
Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm
Teleportation
🕰️ 5:34pm
Buildings we're falling down around you, as you ran, and that didn't stop as you cleared away the circle these were supposedly more stable magic they'd been taught how they we're supposed to work for years but as each of you stepped onto it there was still a feeling of fear, could this be your last day, and if you did die would death by magic be worse than death by...
The Volcano's top blew Lava flying everywhere, towards the city away from the city and then with one mighty roar the Arcanist District split in two. "Now!" Belladona yelled "Neverwinter to Balder's Gate." and she was gone.
It should've taken both of you, there was nothing left you do but try again, "Neverwinter to Balder's Gate!" you yelled at the sky as the circle itself was ripped in half, the Chasm widening.

You vanished, and we're thrown through a swirling abyss, reds greens purples was that a ship, flying through this mess? It didn't take long however before you were thrown out ofnthis space and appeared In...
A Town.
This wasn't connected to any network you knew about and you knew them all, The Harper's Teleportation network the Thayan Teleportation Network, and even a small network considered the Candlekeep Network, of which the locations, as well as the command word were.of upmost secrecy. But there was no books here either so it couldn't be that network either.

Then you saw it Balder's Gate in the distance, at least you thought it was Balder's Gate, smoke rose from the blackened towers around the city. It certainly wasn't waterdeep, or Luskan, and it looked big enough to be Balder's Gate.

Belladona wasn't around but ahead of you was Balder's Gate you could still hope she'd made it there.
Captain Vorizanos

Halt! A large armoured minotaur on horseback yelled from behind you flashing a few quick hand signals yo his companions, "What do you think you're doing out here past curfew, don't you know there are still demons prowling about.?"
Perhaps it was an effect of the magic but you heard his thoughts as well.
'I may die to these demons and this aragont fool is just prouncing around in the middle of the night, I have a son, and so help me I won't die for this fool before my son grows up.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 30, 2024 3:31 pm
Hensonious clutches his head as the world swirls into focus. Half his vision was dark. The warm flood of pain a clear sign that something had indeed gone wrong, and now some cockamimie bull rambles about bedtime?!

"To the hells with your curfew! Neverwinter laments in it's death throes and you bemoan over a silly curfew?!"

He looks up at the rider, still trying to avert his impending headache as the blood seeps from the missing organ.

"Might die? Get yer spine straightened! Where the blazes did that circle take me?"

He tries to stand, but the feeling only comes to his right leg. He cannot find the strength to command the other.

"Just ma luck. Dodge certain death, right into uncertain death with impairment!"

He glares out his solo eye towards the minotaur. "Well? Out with it. Or is this the part where you stick me with the pointed end?"
Hensonious Weavering
Last edited April 30, 2024 7:22 pm

Captain Vorizanos

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm
🕰️ 9:58pm
https://imgur.com/V5qEjzIt.jpeg
Guilty, Punishment Imprisonment.

The Minotaur signs, in whatever hand signals he's using but you understand him for some reason maybe it's the same way you heard his thoughts maybe not.

By The Order of High Rider Mino you are guilty of Treason, putting everyone in Elturel in unnecessary danger."

The sun, you notice for the first time hangs higher in the sky, not only is it higher in fact but it's red, you glance at the clock, according to the clock sun shouldn't even be in the sky anymore it almost 10pm.
Captain Vorizanos

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 30, 2024 4:53 pm
Hensonious finds time in his busy pain schedule to roll his eye.

"Lovely, you 'riders really like to declare things don't ye? Well, treasonous as I am, what say you either dispatch me quickly or help me to my woeful punishment?"
Hensonious Weavering

Hoof Yersala

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 30, 2024 5:15 pm
🕰️ 9:59pm
The riders surround Henson and march him towards what seems to be a Stable? One of them tosses an axe at an Imp as they pass, "That's seven more points for me." The youngest of the riders say but another wearing the most armor snaps back at him. "Nobody's Counting at least not those of us who've experienced actual loss in the battle!"
Hoof Yersala

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

Apr 30, 2024 7:10 pm
Hensonious groans as the blood loss takes it's toll on his anger fueled delirium.

"A stable? Am I to shovel droppings for my crime of bloodying your precious streets!? You'll need te get me a long handle with what good ma leg is to me now. Or maybe I'll save you the trouble and just bleed out. How many points is that?"

He swings his heavy head to the young soldier.
"Surely ten right?"
Hensonious Weavering
Last edited April 30, 2024 7:14 pm

Captain Vorizanos

KoldikSteelskin

Apr 30, 2024 7:38 pm
🕰️ 10:07pm
Captain Vorizanos

Captain Vorizanos laughs as he dismounts, it's not clear whether he's laughing at your joke or not until he speaks.

Right... Like we'd let you take care of our horses, for all we know you're possessed.

He point at one of the paddocks which has a large padlock on it and three people huddle in the corner,

No this is your prison, and you're not worth any points on this young ones system, you ain't a demon yourself after all so it doesn't help clean up the mess.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 1, 2024 12:07 am
"Only thin possessed here is you with yer poor judgement! Lockin up a dwarf fer needin MEDICAL ATTENTION. Go on then O mighty 'rider, scatter your senses while you at it! They've done you little good at this rate!"

Hensonious laughs at the ridiculous circumstances and turns his remaining eye to the younger rider.

"They said yer lot were righteous. Is this what earns ye that glory?"
Hensonious Weavering

Hoof Yersala

KoldikSteelskin

May 1, 2024 1:25 am
🕰️ 10:10pm

That one there, I know is possessed, here's hoping your not, or there's not two demons in any of them, the older one says. We've got streets to patrol though seeing as you might be possessed we can't very well let you go, best way to get rid of a demon after all is kill it while it's in someone's body.

She does however toss you a potion of healing, before she shuts the gate.

Don't break curfew again that way the demons can't get at you.
Hoof Yersala

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 1, 2024 2:25 am
Hensonious reaches for the potion, fumbling just shy as he struggles to adjust to his monoview.

"Such mercy as I rot in a cell. Elturian welcome indeed!" He grumbled as the rider's departed.

With a bit more effort, he manages to scoop up the potion and decides quickly against the threat of his splitting headache to down it's contents.

Healing potions were common enough, the smell when the stopper popped always reminded him of fresh cherries, but it was hard to smell the nostalgic aroma through his blood soaked hair and beard.

With the effects of the potion taking hold, he sighs in blessed relief, settling himself against the gate and taking in his new roommates.
Hensonious Weavering
May 1, 2024 11:28 am
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBiq7iAOE-ABRze3M2gE47QRSbok4cnUFK1xlR55S3RA&s
🕰️ 10:11pm
"Don't hurt Guhathioniariouos, Please." The man who had been huddled up in the corner says looking over at you.
"I promise Guhathioniariouos is a good horse he would never hurt a fly, and they claimed they saw him attacking a squad of troops eating them, I don't believe it though, they probably provoked him and he was only trying to protect himself. Isn't that right Guhathioniariouos

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 1, 2024 3:05 pm
Hensonious eyes the disturbed pair, crossing his arms.

"Keep yer horse away an there won't be trouble from me lad. Otherwise, we'll be findin out how fucked the weave truly is."

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 2, 2024 2:38 am

Demon Possessed Man

KoldikSteelskin

May 1, 2024 3:13 pm
Demon Possessed Man

🕰️ 10:11pm

Guhathioniariouos, isn't anyone's horse Guhathioniariouos is Guhathioniariouos's own horse. Soon Guhathioniariouos will convince the other horses that the hellriders are no good, I mean you would think you could tell from their name alone right? And then they'll break us out won't they Guhathioniariouos."
OOC:
If we want we can fast forward to morning now, not much is gonna happen in the cell except the madman's rambling's unless you try and get out.

Exorcist Renaius

KoldikSteelskin

May 1, 2024 3:32 pm
🕰️ 7:46am
Exorcist Renaius

You wake to an elf peering in at you, muttering in elvish oger and over "In The name of Zariel, Prince of The Angels and hero of Elturel we command the spirits within there Individuals come forth."

He repeats this mantra over and over and over pouring holy water in a circle around the cage.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 1, 2024 6:47 pm
"Mystra's gown! You fools actually think I'm possessed?"

Hensonious grabs hold of the bars to hoist himself off the floor. The previously useless leg now working enough to hold him straight.

"Can we hurry this ass kissin along? I'm sure the Lady has better thins te do."

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 1, 2024 7:44 pm

Exorcist Renaius

KoldikSteelskin

May 2, 2024 12:29 am
🕰️ 7:48am
Exorcist Renaius

"Don't worry... We'll know soon enough if you're one who's gotten a demon inside you. But I know them two do so no harm in you being here you know how it is out past midnight an all."
He continues chanting and chanting until finally a dead Imp pops out of both of your cellmates, "Shoot, that's only 14 points, I thought this would get me more points but it seems only little demons be possessing people anymore."

He the turns to you, "You have two options sign the Creed Resolute, or I pour a bucket a holy water on your head so which will it be?"

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 2, 2024 12:59 am
Hensonious laughs at the ridiculous offer. After such a warm welcome? These people were truly mad!

"Pour your water. Could use the rinse off after my night."

He shuffles away from the dead devils, spitting on the nearest.

"You wouldn't happen to have a walkin stick around here? I'm havin trouble gettin around lately."
Hensonious Weavering

Exorcist Renaius

KoldikSteelskin

May 2, 2024 8:58 pm
🕰️ 7:50am
Exorcist Renaius

Renaius returns some time later with the oldest most beat up bucket you could find. Opens the door and splashes you with the water, when he does the demon corpses by your feet dissolve.

"We'll I suppose you're good to go then he says tossing the bucket to the floor. "Where did you say you were off to? Waterdeep? Don't stay there too long the kings of waterdeep aren't mighty kind."

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 3, 2024 12:44 am
The cold of the water washes over Hensonious, coalescing into red tinged fluid as it drew with it a nights worth of dried hemorrhage.

He shivers and grunts his disappointment as it appeared from the lack of walking stick he would be without further assistance.

"Thank that soldier for the potion. Of all the ridiculous thins of the night, I'll at least acknowledge a good act among the bad. Where I go however is my business, an be assured it will be far from your city."

With little more care to waste time in the bumbling city of horse lovers and paranoid angel worshippers, he set out for Baldur's Gate.
Hensonious Weavering

Baldur's Gate

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 12:11 pm
🕰️ 8:50am
Baldur's Gate

The Journey to Balder's Gate is surprisingly short. As soon as you arrive you start heading towards where you believe the.
teleportation circle to be. Briel's School of the Arcane, a school of wizardry which by your estimations looks like they don't know what they're doing.
The building itself is ancient and badly in need of repair and when you walk in to look around it becomes clear that nobody would notice if you sat down to listen to some random lecture in fact by the looks of it you'd guess that's what half the people here are doing. You find the teleportation circle unguarded.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 3, 2024 6:14 pm
"Ahem!" Hensonious clears his throat to draw attention from the back of the room.

"I hate te interrupt such an enraptured lesson, but I am lookin fer a lass that came to this city, likely through that circle over there.

She looks a bit like me, only far less handsome, and shorter hair. Anybody come through unannounced recently?"

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 3, 2024 6:16 pm

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 6:27 pm
Popular Student
The professor shrugs and then continues talking to his students.

One student however a younger dwarf stands, and walks over to you and begins talking Interspersing Telepathy for every second word.

"I Might Know Where She's Gone Pretty Expensive Stuff Though That's for Sure".

He turns back and winks at a group of students who try their best not to burst out laughing.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 3, 2024 7:04 pm
Hensonious hobbles closer to the cocky bastard, looking him up and down.

"Odd, she usually only makes the low performers pay extra. Ye do know how te swing yer hammer don't ya?"
Hensonious Weavering

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 7:27 pm
Popular Student
"I'm sorry." he says taking the slightest step back, "I didn't mean... But it's good to know." he says turning back to wink at his friends again.

"I'm not sure what a hammer has to do with any of this, you want her I can get her."

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 3, 2024 7:36 pm
Hensonious rubs his temples. His patience running too thin.

"She's not luggage needin picked up ya damn winkin buffoon! Where is she afore I turn this lecture into a live demonstration!"

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 3, 2024 7:37 pm

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 3, 2024 8:23 pm
Popular Student
"I don't mean no harm, but Information isn't free."

"Isn't that right professor!" he yells to the front of the class but gets no response not even a be quiet, "It is something he says, all the time, but anyway you're probably just like her don't got nothing of value with you so I figure you'll end up at the same place anyways."

He holds out his hand as if after all this he still expects you to pay him.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 3, 2024 9:18 pm
Hensonious looks to the dwarf's expectant hand and then back to his face.

"You want paid then? Name yer price, an if you insult me with greed, I'll acquire the information anyway, but you'll be short a payday."
Hensonious Weavering

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 4, 2024 1:12 am
Popular Student
"I've got a test I'm gonna fail, and well you seem smart enough... take the test in my place and pass and I'll tell you where she went. Tell anyone I said this and I'll skin your hide.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 4, 2024 1:33 am
Hensonious raises a thick brow, stroking his beard.

"I have been known for my intellect, true enough. Though what assurances do I have that you actually know anythin? I could ace your test, an receive useless info. Do I have your word, under penalty of severe repercussions?"

He extends his hand out.

"Cause if so, you have a deal."
Hensonious Weavering

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 4, 2024 2:26 am
🕰️ 8:58pm
Popular Student
"I like that we both think we could kill the other, though I kust add I'm the one who's right, but here's my address if you need to come murder me in my sleep." he says pointing up to where you assume their must be living quarters. "Deal."

At just that moment the bell rings, and the professor starts walking around to hand out papers.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 4, 2024 10:11 pm
Hensonious glances between the winking student and the oblivious instructor. He grabs the dwarf's chair and leans in close.

"What's the plan? I just stand here? I get this fella doesn't care, but surely it's not that easy!"
Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 4, 2024 10:11 pm

Popular Student

KoldikSteelskin

May 5, 2024 9:45 am
🕰️ 9:20am
Popular Student
"Obviously you take a paper and write my name on it..." He's silent for a second, but just before you decide to ask what his name is he give you his name, "Oh, it's Hendrick, Hendrick Greybeard

You finnish up the test quite quickly, it's not even that difficult, and when you hand it in the professor doesn't even look up let alone look at the name on your sheet.
"I guess I owe you that Information... She went to the counting house, I mean she showed up with nothing, and even if it's just a journey back to... Wherever you need money, the thing is with thay place is when need money then you'll need twice as much to pay it off and if you aren't actively paying it off they hire people to track you down, I truly hope she can get out of it, but if anyone asks, I wanna see her in the house down the street."

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 5, 2024 1:15 pm
Hensonious claps Hendrick on the back.

"Take yer studies seriously next time. You'll not impress me or my sis failin something as simple as basic component configuration!"

He chuckles and winks, which sadly only comes off as a strangely long one eyed blink, to which he huffs in annoyed realization.

"Damn that circle! Should I be needin yer winking services, I'll know where te find ya Greybeard."

Not wanting to waste more time in the arcane kindergarten, he stumbles off to try and locate Belladona.
Hensonious Weavering

Belladona Weavering

KoldikSteelskin

May 6, 2024 2:15 am
🕰️ 10:12am
When you reach The Counting House the first thing you see is your sister, and she's sweeping.

There's so many better jobs your sister could get in the city, jobs that would pay better, you're sure if it but sweeping the inside of a massive marble hall, that wasn't one of them. She wasn't dressed too poorly, and didn't look hungry so that was a good sign but taking a job sweeping at a bank that didn't seem so good.

Belladona looks down when she sees you trying yo avoid your gaze as if you aren't there looking for her and if she just doesn't acknowledge you you won't Interact with her.
Belladona Weavering

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 6, 2024 10:50 am
Hensonious shuffles over to his sister and pulls her into a tight hug.

"Ye live! An what a blessin, ye seem all put together as well!"

He breaks the hug, but braces on her shoulder.

"Wish I could say the same. Damn thin tossed me to Elturel and missin some key components to boot!"

He rolls his eye. "Those self righteous idiots held me in a cell for darin to appear bleedin on their streets! Came as soon as I could, I swear. "

It was now that Hensonious truly registered that she was belittling her skillset with menial labor.

"A broom? Tell me ye were plannin te enchant it an fly off! What happened?"
Hensonious Weavering

Belladona Weavering

KoldikSteelskin

May 6, 2024 11:17 am
"I can't... She said slowly looking over at the counter, "when I showed up here I showed up, with nothing. Absolutely nothing. I made my way here seeing as I needed to buy something better than the practical rags I was wearing, an there was no way I was getting a Job while I was still in rags. Problem was I didn't have a way to pay them back, an see You can't just do nothing so they made me start working here. Thing is my debt is going up faster then I can pay it off."

She looks to you in silence for a moment, "I don't have time to even look for another job. I thought a running but I've seen first hand what they send after someone who does and I ain't able to survive that."
Belladona Weavering

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 6, 2024 12:31 pm
Hensonious glares towards the counter and huffs.

"I've heard about these criminals. They'll enslave ya to yer debt, an work ya worse as the number goes higher. I'll not be havin that for ye."

He pats Belladona on the shoulder and makes his way over to the counter.
Hensonious Weavering
May 6, 2024 12:54 pm
Teller
"Hello and welcome sir, how can I help you today? Looking to set up a strongbox? Or looking for one of our other services?

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 6, 2024 12:58 pm
Hensonious balls his fist but in a moment of temporary clarity, releases the tension. With a deep breath, he addresses the bastard.

"Lookin te clear a debt. How much does the lass sweepin floors owe?"
Hensonious Weavering
May 6, 2024 1:11 pm
Teller
The man turns to you clearly trying to keep from laughing.

"Let's see shall we?"

He pulls a tiny book out out of a locked drawer flips through the book until he reaches a page, on the page is an Incredible likeness of your sister which alone you Imagine would have cost them a few hundred gold pieces.

"She's a week behind on payments right now, which means that she's gotta pay back double those payments, she borrowed five hundred gold which has gained eighty gold of interest so the hundred gold she was supposed to pay back plus the interest plus the non-payment tax and the service charge comes to...

A Hundred Platinum

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 6, 2024 2:18 pm
Hensonious scowls, what the hells was this ludicrous number!?! A king's ransom would barely make a dent in that amount! Well clarities be damned! This city wanted a slave, and it would need to fight to claim it!

"Yer dreamin pal. Nobody is payin that off, not even the Grand Dukes!"

He storms off over to Belladona and shakes the poor dwarf.

"Sweepin floors?! You'll not live long enough fer that to start paying off that nunber!"

He leans in close during the violent shakes.
"Ye cannot stay here, we need te get ya back home. This place only wants another slave!"
Hensonious Weavering

Belladona Weavering

KoldikSteelskin

May 6, 2024 3:00 pm
Belladona Weavering

"They'll find me." she whispers in response, "I don't see what choice I got, maybe you can make a dent in it with the Mithral give me time to find a real Job so I can keep up on their payments, I don't think I can run though not unless you know a way to keep me safe."

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 6, 2024 7:34 pm
"A dent?! One Hundred Platinum!?! We can run. Their magic is unreliable, and we both know that! We'll lay low, start over. Nobody is gonna go near Neverwinter after what just happened. Finish yer shift and get ready. I have a plan, but we gotta go far and fast, nobody is enslaving the Weaverings!"

Hensonious shoves Belladona back.

"Ye had best get used to deep cleanin the place, it will be yer new home at this rate!"
OOC:
I feel so long as this works, we should call it soon. This seems a good setup.
Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 7, 2024 1:02 am

Belladona Weavering

KoldikSteelskin

May 6, 2024 8:55 pm
Belladona Weavering
🕰️ 10:15
https://img.freepik.com/premium-photo/undead-shooter-black-cloak-noon-duel-skeleton-dark-atmosphere-bounty-hunter-frontier-gunslinger-high-definition-art-generative-artificial-intelligence_661108-4396.jpg"If your really think we can escape That Then I'm good to go with you but I don't want you to think you have to save me, I will be able to pay it off eventually if I can get a real Job.

She looks to you and back at the, skeletal creature, "We don't need to both be killed by that thing is all I'm saying.
OOC:
I agree this is probably about as good a place as any to call the scene, you can respond your sister and then if necessary I'll add one final post.

Hensonious Weavering

Gearspark

May 7, 2024 1:11 am
Hensonious looks the bony bastard up and down. Yeah, he didn't have the firepower to take on a walking corpse that likely could track them with pinpoint accuracy. He sighs, rubbing his temple.

"Okay fine! New plan. I'm gonna help ye get this paid off. Surely with the lack of arcane skills I've seen so far in this city, there will be a demand fer actually competent arcanists. I'll get the material coined out to keep yer payments current so we can actually get setup.

Once we settle this. We get back te whatever is left of home, sound good?"

Hensonious Weavering
Last edited May 7, 2024 1:12 am

Time Goes By

KoldikSteelskin

May 7, 2024 1:45 pm
"You should go live your life, this is my mess to clean up after." She says without much conviction.

The years that follow are hard years for both of you, it almost makes you feel sympathy for the people who don't have as much as you did back In Neverwinter. Surviving on only the bear essentials.
Oftentimes you wonder what has become of Neverwinter of the Arcanist's district of your father, but there is little news from the Jewel of the north, it seems people only do things that pay well In Balder's Gate and Bringing news from a far away place doesn't pay well enough.
Time Goes By

You do not have permission to post in this thread.