Character and Ark Creation

load previous
May 5, 2024 3:30 am
Hey everyone, this is my first time with this ruleset so I'll follow everyone's lead in the character creation and start with my mutation as well.

22 - Amphibian:

I dig it. I think I'm leaning towards Fixer. I like the idea of playing a sleazy used-car salesman type of character.
Last edited May 5, 2024 3:35 am

Rolls

Mutation - (2d6)

(66) = 12

Bullets - (2d6)

(41) = 5

Rations of Grub - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Rations of Water - (2d6)

(51) = 6

May 5, 2024 11:18 am
MaJunior says:
So... looking like two Gearheads? Interesting...
Oops. Overlooked we already had one.
We don't have a chronicler yet, do we? That was a close second for me anyway :)
Between four hands and pyrokinetics I think I can set up some very dope performances of story telling.
May 5, 2024 2:59 pm
Nothing's confirmed unless they are confirmed, I'm just helping to tabulate thus far:

MaJunior - Stalker
GeneCortess - Gearhead
Furmyr - Dog Handler
AceRancheros - Fixer
ClaCle - Gearhead / Chronicler

Pedrop said he'll be away for the weekend, so we'll only expect to hear from him nexy week.

Don't forget to define and note down your relationships with PCs and NPCs. I'll be using exactly all of those (and more) to build the characters and factions in the Ark.
May 5, 2024 3:16 pm
I imagine that will be easier once we all have the characters better defined.

I imagine Chomp is a weirdo who gets along better with animals then people. Due to his unique mutation he hunt and eat along with his dog Vinnie. I was thinking someone found him creepy and threw him to the hounds, only to come back and finding him cohabitating with them.
May 5, 2024 3:25 pm
I'll help with the relationships among PCs once everyone's made up their minds about their character choices. If we make character sheets public and also post the key information here, everyone will be able to read up on all the PCs. The Ark is an enclosed community, so everyone kinda knows the existence (and more) of everyone else to some extent.
May 5, 2024 7:16 pm
Jack is now marked as public.
May 6, 2024 12:26 am
Adding to the table. The chargen rules suggest that no two PCs ought to have the same mutation, no overlaps thus far.

MaJunior - Stalker | Human Magnet
GeneCortess - Gearhead | Puppeteer, Tracker
Furmyr - Dog Handler | Corpse Eater
AceRancheros - Fixer | Amphibian
ClaCle - Gearhead / Chronicler | Four-Armed, Pyrokinesis
Pedrop -

Also, if anyone not feeling the options they rolled, let me know and we can swap. It's more important to connect with what you want to play than leave it to the die roll. That said, it's pretty fun to see where randomness takes us.
May 6, 2024 6:35 pm
Quote:
Chronicler | Four-Armed, Pyrokinesis
It is. Please give me a day or two to get the sheet ready ok? :)
May 6, 2024 8:21 pm
Wow. With 4 arms, you should get the character sheet done licky-split.
May 7, 2024 3:37 am
All good Clacle, we're waiting on one more person to roll in.
May 7, 2024 8:23 pm
Just rolling for Bullets, Grub, Water

Rolls

BGW - (3d6)

(463) = 13

May 7, 2024 8:52 pm
Submitted the first draft of the character.

Still need to get player relations done.
Finding art for her is a pain. Even AI has trouble with the 4 arm-thing. Still searching for a red-headed four armed fire dancer.
May 8, 2024 10:18 am
Hi! I'm back to semi-everyday(Mon-Fri) posting :) Monday was... a loooong sprint for me. And Tuesday wasn't much better... I still have to catch up and read what is already written in this game, but about my PC I would really want to continue with my earlier character for Mutant: Y0E Core: Salomon - he is mutant with animal futures, Chronicler role and some healing talents. Of course we will adjust his backstory to what other have come up with already, but the rest should be ok - form mechanical pov.
So is he ok, for this game?
May 8, 2024 12:52 pm
BedzoneII says:
Adding to the table. The chargen rules suggest that no two PCs ought to have the same mutation, no overlaps thus far.

ClaCle - Gearhead / Chronicler | Four-Armed, Pyrokinesis
Pedrop -

Also, if anyone not feeling the options they rolled, let me know and we can swap. It's more important to connect with what you want to play than leave it to the die roll. That said, it's pretty fun to see where randomness takes us.
Hmmm... now after reading this thread - I can see that ClaCle decided to switch to Chronicler to not have overlap with GeneCortess gearhead. And my Salomon is Chronicle. Not sure what to do now? I think we can have one overlap with role? But I don't know how hard ClaCle is decided on playing Chronicler or Gearhead? If you guys think we should have the less overlap possible in our team, I think I can re-create Salomon for Enforcer role. But I would like to keep his mutation(and art because of that): Manbeast . Can I GM? Opinions guys?
Last edited May 8, 2024 12:53 pm
May 8, 2024 1:13 pm
I know every roll can engage in combat, but having an Enforcer seems beneficial to me.
May 8, 2024 1:48 pm
Welcome back Pedrop! The good news is Manbeast nicely does not overlap with any of the others that have been rolled before, so let's stick with that.

Gearhead and Chronicler have some overlap, so I would recommend a switch. Enforcer sounds like an excellent choice too, if you don't mind playing that, you can still keep the core of whatever you already managed to create in your previous character.
May 8, 2024 7:47 pm
My chronicler doesn't really focus on healing at all. I see her more like a bit of a bard type.
So a very healing focussed chronicler could still be different?
May 9, 2024 7:16 am
Ok, so let's go wit the Enforcer... I think it is even a good fit for Salomon art with his lion-like mutation and menacing approach. But this time I will imagine him much taller, than when he was a Chronicler:)

WIll do the character creation today in the evening and we will be ready to go for the next phase (bonds? ark?) - but I don't think it's even necessary to wait with this for Salomon to be fully stated -> now that we know his mutation and role.
Last edited May 9, 2024 7:35 am
May 9, 2024 12:45 pm
ClaCle - Chronicler | Four-Armed, Pyrokinesis
Pedrop - Enforcer | Manbeast
May 9, 2024 12:50 pm
Now let's see if we can create some relationships among PCs first. Please post your character details here if you haven't done so already, or just make your character sheet public so everyone can view them. And for personal background perhaps write up just a sentence or two. We will flesh out more as the game progresses, we just need a prompt or two to get started.

Next, have a browse through the other PCs, see if anything connects or resonates, if so, we can try to use that as one of your relationship options. I'll tabulate once we're done. If you've looked through all but don't find anything too inspiring, not to worry, there'll be a session zero (ie, an introductory chapter) to give everyone a chance to connect.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.