FFG/GW News

Sep 15, 2016 3:32 pm
So, apparently, as of next year there will be lots of Games Workshop IP games that are no longer available
Sep 15, 2016 5:55 pm
Wild, didn't see that coming. I wonder who GW will partner with instead. A few of those games I'd love to grab, but given the lack of RL gaming right now, not sure I can justify the costs, heh.
Sep 23, 2016 10:13 pm
I'm not sure I love the WH40K RPG stuff or I'd snap them all up. The board games, although intriguing, I'd avoid simply because I already have more than we play. :)
Sep 24, 2016 8:24 am
Apparently GW didn't renew the licence because FFG will be doing a wargame in the near future (and it was one of the caveats of the licence agreement that FFG not produce one). Looking at FFGs history though there will probably be several games coming down the line that are the same as the ones we're losing but with the GW "clothing" removed from them
Jan 12, 2017 2:48 pm
mcneils5 says:
Apparently GW didn't renew the licence because FFG will be doing a wargame in the near future (and it was one of the caveats of the licence agreement that FFG not produce one). Looking at FFGs history though there will probably be several games coming down the line that are the same as the ones we're losing but with the GW "clothing" removed from them
**sigh** Gotta love those greedy fucks at GW.
Me, I've been boycotting them for years, so I don't really care about these news...
Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm
It's gonna do nothing but hurt GW in the non-wargame market. In my opinion, FFGs WH games did a lot to help make people aware of the universe, and I'm sure drove some people to playing WH games.
Jan 12, 2017 8:04 pm
Classic GW. I just want to know what FFG is going to do with L5R rpg.
Jan 12, 2017 8:11 pm
Nabbicus says:
I just want to know what FFG is going to do with L5R rpg.
Couldn't agree more. :)
Jan 12, 2017 8:38 pm
MoMo says:
Nabbicus says:
I just want to know what FFG is going to do with L5R rpg.
Couldn't agree more. :)
Unfortunately I suspect we may not see anything on the RPG front whilst the licence sits with FFG....they're focused on delivering the CCG this year I believe but they have never even made a vague hint that they will be doing either a reprint of L5R 4e or a 5th edition. They've had the licence long enough now that I'd have thought there would have been some sort of announcement that it was in the works if they were working on something....I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath
Jan 12, 2017 11:37 pm
Nabbicus says:
Classic GW. I just want to know what FFG is going to do with L5R rpg.
Wait, it's not longer AEG publishing that? I'll admit, I haven't been in the loop for LK5R since late 3rd edition...
Jan 12, 2017 11:44 pm
kalajel says:
Wait, it's not longer AEG publishing that? I'll admit, I haven't been in the loop for LK5R since late 3rd edition...
Yeah FFG bought L5R from AEG, and is turning the CCG to an LCG with no word on the RPG. FML.
Last edited January 13, 2017 12:00 am
Jan 13, 2017 1:27 am
**sigh** Haven't AEG learnt their lesson with WotC? Might explain why 4th edition is so pricey on amazon and ebay now...
Jan 13, 2017 1:45 am
That's alright, we'll make our own L5R! With shogi, and geisha! Oooooh or maybe with the old white wolf system!
Jan 13, 2017 2:41 am
If only I could find people to play with...
Jan 13, 2017 2:47 am
Nabbicus says:
That's alright, we'll make our own L5R! With shogi, and geisha! Oooooh or maybe with the old white wolf system!
Exalted! in Rokugan
Jan 18, 2017 6:42 pm
Qralloq says:
Exalted! in Rokugan
L5R is a very grounded game, where characters often engage in duels of wits and immense intrigue before drawing swords. When they do, it is a very ritualistic process where-... Did that Crab Clan guy just slap that other guy with a mountain range?

It wouldn't surprise me if FFG did an L5R 5e. I know L5R and Star Wars aren't the same thing, but with Star Wars they made like 5-6 board games, CCGs, miniature games, RPGs at a time and just threw them all out for sale. They might focus on the LCG, but I don't think they lack for an ability to multitask. Buuut, even if it isn't in the works, at least 4e was a pretty great system.
Jan 18, 2017 10:20 pm
And I should probably start to try and get the books before I need a mortgage for that...
Jan 24, 2017 6:45 pm
Nabbicus says:
Could we play Blood and Honor? o3o
Jan 24, 2017 10:43 pm
How about John Wick's House of the Blooded?

You do not have permission to post in this thread.