Session 0

load previous
May 30, 2024 7:40 pm
I was going off this, but if we are doing full on new classes that’s fun too
valdattaMadun says:
For guidelines my main thoughts were

Format (create a subclass for x class that does y)
Number of "refinement" follow ups
May 30, 2024 7:41 pm
It is under consideration, I believe.
May 30, 2024 7:44 pm
Cool
May 30, 2024 8:53 pm
I'm ok just trying to get a usable subclass out of this. I suppose we should has some of these details out before we go too crazy, lol
May 30, 2024 9:18 pm
Yeah, I have ADHD and got hyperfocused with too much time on my hands this afternoon...sorry for the info dump earlier :)
May 30, 2024 11:00 pm
It's all good, that demigod does sound awesome 😉
May 31, 2024 1:17 am
If we want full classes I am cool with it...even more chaos
May 31, 2024 1:53 am
So how do we determine whether or not we got a "good" class/sub class or not? Or are we just rolling with whatever we decide our final prompt is?
May 31, 2024 2:41 am
I decided to finish off the exercise with a Kratos inspired background:

Background: Broken Demigod

You are a descendant of a powerful god, but your lineage is a source of torment rather than privilege. Marked by a traumatic event in your past, your godly heritage manifests as a potent, uncontrollable rage. You wander the world, seeking a way to control your power or a purpose worthy of your strength.

Skills: Athletics, Intimidation, Religion

Tools: Proficiency in one type of artisan's tool of your choice (reflecting a skill you honed to cope with your rage, such as blacksmithing or woodworking).

Equipment: A set of traveler's clothes, a simple weapon (such as a dagger or shortsword), a memento from your past (tied to the traumatic event that awakened your rage), a pouch containing 10 gp.

Feature: Vestiges of Power

The remnants of your godly heritage manifest as faint auras around you, echoing forgotten abilities. Once per long rest, as a bonus action, you can choose one of the following effects, which last for 10 minutes:

Herculean Effort: You channel the strength of legendary heroes. You gain advantage on Strength checks made to push, pull, lift, or break objects. Additionally, the weight you can carry is doubled, and your pushing/pulling/lifting capacity is quadrupled for this duration. This allows you to overcome significant physical challenges, forge paths through treacherous terrain, or move large objects with relative ease.

Herald's Voice: You channel the power of a divine herald. You gain proficiency in any one language you choose (ignoring any prerequisites). Additionally, creatures that understand a language you speak can understand you, regardless of their own languages, for the duration. This allows you to communicate effectively with a wider range of beings, potentially forging alliances with different races, gathering valuable information, or spreading knowledge of your past.

Suggested Characteristics

Personality Traits

You carry a deep sense of burden, haunted by the weight of your fractured heritage.
You have a fierce determination to prove your worth, despite the limitations of your power.
You are fiercely loyal to those who have shown you kindness in a world wary of your lineage.
You are haunted by fragmented memories of your past, occasionally slipping into introspection.
You possess a lingering spark of defiance, refusing to be cowed by those who fear your demigod blood.

Ideals

Redemption: You seek to atone for the sins of your past, striving to use your power for good. (Lawful Good)
Control: You believe your power needs to be controlled and fear the consequences of unchecked divinity. (Lawful Neutral)
Strength: You admire raw power and believe you have a duty to use it to protect the weak. (Chaotic Good)
Discovery: You are driven to uncover the truth about your heritage and the source of your power. (Neutral)
Legacy: You yearn to leave a mark on the world, proving your worth even with your fractured divinity. (Chaotic Neutral)

Bonds

You are obsessed with finding a way to reclaim your full power and birthright.
You are fiercely protective of a mentor who helped you understand your abilities.
You seek to reunite with a lost family member or those who share your demigod lineage.
You are bound by an oath to use your power for a specific purpose, perhaps one tied to your past.
You carry a memento from your past life, a constant reminder of what you have lost.

Flaws

You are haunted by nightmares of your past, leading to moments of recklessness or self-doubt.
You have a volatile temper, easily angered by those who disrespect your heritage.
You struggle to trust others, fearing they only see you for your power and not for who you are.
You are consumed by a thirst for knowledge, willing to take risks to uncover secrets about your past.
You are tempted to use your power for personal gain, blurring the lines between self-preservation and selfishness.

Thematic Ties to Kratos

This feature reflects the echoes of past abilities associated with your godly lineage. While not directly offensive, it grants you temporary access to feats of incredible strength and the ability to communicate with a wider range of beings.

Herculean Effort: This mirrors Kratos' moments of immense strength and physical prowess, allowing him to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

Herald's Voice: This echoes the power of communication sometimes associated with divine heralds, allowing you to bridge language barriers and potentially spread messages or pronouncements.

Playing a Broken Demigod (Vestiges of Power)

The Broken Demigod emphasizes the fragmented nature of your power but offers practical benefits.

Herculean Effort: This allows you to tackle long-term physical challenges, like clearing debris from a collapsed passage or constructing a makeshift bridge.

Herald's Voice: This allows you to engage in extended conversations, negotiations, or knowledge-sharing sessions with different cultures, potentially leading to deeper understanding and cooperation.

When roleplaying, highlight the character's exploration of their fragmented power, seeking to utilize it for practical purposes and communication. They might use these vestiges to overcome challenges, forge alliances, or spread knowledge, showcasing a different aspect of their divine heritage.
May 31, 2024 1:58 pm
crazybirdman says:
So how do we determine whether or not we got a "good" class/sub class or not? Or are we just rolling with whatever we decide our final prompt is?
I like the idea of it being rolling with the final prompt personally gives you a bit of room to either get a totally wonky build or totally OP on a seemingly "random" build.
May 31, 2024 2:23 pm
So we are going for ground up, class, subclass, background, and traits?
May 31, 2024 5:28 pm
Honestly. We can do a vote it is set up as a multi select so select all that apply

Which Things should we build with AI Multi

Campaign Hook
Vote to view results.
Encounters
Vote to view results.
Race
Vote to view results.
Class
Vote to view results.
Subclass
Vote to view results.
Background
Vote to view results.
Feats
Vote to view results.
Spells
Vote to view results.
May 31, 2024 5:31 pm
If it's AI, spells for example, would this mean every spell has to be AI or the player has the option of making an AI spell or taking an existing 5e spell. Same goes for feats.

I just see the need to go, create a spell that replicates the "cure wounds" spell, for example, especially for staple spells that already exist.

I'm fine with that, but thought I'd ask.

I think everything else should be full AI
Last edited May 31, 2024 5:33 pm
May 31, 2024 5:54 pm
I think if desired spells could be generated for 2 or 3 "trademark" spells for your new class but for the rest just do RAW.
May 31, 2024 6:17 pm
I think considering how the votes have turned out spells are probably out but I think I was thinking of a prompt like

"Create a first level DnD spell that allows me to fart rainbows"
[ +- ] The result of that prompt
edit: also that spell is sort of hilarious
May 31, 2024 6:27 pm
I would have thought nauseated would have been a better condition for such a spell to generate not unlike stinking cloud lol
May 31, 2024 6:30 pm
Maybe they’re blinded by the colors!
May 31, 2024 6:32 pm
what you have never had one smell so bad you couldn't see?
May 31, 2024 8:40 pm
A game request I made hear last November, entirely AI generated...didn't get any bites from prospective GMs, sadly.
[ +- ] AI generated campaign concept
May 31, 2024 8:48 pm
Prior to that, in October, I tried to find a GM for an AI generated Harry Potter-esque game, which also didn't find a GM:
[ +- ] AI generated Harry Potter-esque Campaign
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.