Subclass prompts

load previous
Jun 1, 2024 1:54 am
I'll try it again later, adding some details. gonna eat and watch cartoons
Jun 1, 2024 11:28 pm
Well, I was watching My Adventures with Superman, and the Parasite inspired me to try this:
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FKme6oP0tX_s%2Fmqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=e748805bd4f8c269efd6c32a0a058eacb8676c70c42047ca68c47d4cad014744&ipo=images
Using the rules for D&D 5e, create a new subclass for the warlock whose abilities are based on temporarily stealing other characters spells, powers, feats, and abilities. Create class abilities at level 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. Also provide some unique spells centered around using the stats and talents of other characters
[ +- ] TEXT
Not sure if warlock is the best class for this. But enough goofing off, back to the portal master...
Jun 1, 2024 11:50 pm
Using D&D 5e rules, create a new subclass for the fighter class that uses portals to attack enemies and escape from threats. Create class abilities at level 3, 7, and 10 that use the power of small portals. Character should not be a caster nor use magic or spell slots. At higher levels, the characters powers should increase from creating portals to being able to teleport. How far the portals can reach, and how far the character can teleport should always be clearly defined. Ability score increases should be at levels, 4, 6 , 8, 12, 14, 16 and 19. The character should gain extra attack at levels 5 and 11
[ +- ] getting better?
Jun 5, 2024 3:57 am
so, can we keep tweaking 'til we get the subclass the way we want it? Do we need GM approval? Do we get a limited number of attempts?
Jun 5, 2024 5:39 pm
I would say, in the spirit of it. limit to maybe 3 tweaks in a prompt? but overall if you want to do this all day, do it all day.

Once I run the campaign prompt and it is chosen I will probably set a "have the character done by Monday" type of deadline
Jun 6, 2024 2:00 am
Ok, lemme try one more time. I love the randomness, but it's gotta be somewhat playable, so I'm gonna try and go with the idea of using dice to power the powers.

input: Using D&D 5e rules, create a new subclass for the fighter class that uses portals to attack enemies and escape from threats.

The subclass should gain superiority die similar to the Battle Master, but instead of the superiority die being used for Maneuvers, they should be used for this new subclasses portal abilities.

Create class abilities at level 3, 7, 10, 15 and 18 that use the power of small portals. Character should not be a caster nor use magic or spell slots. The characters powers should increase from creating portals to attack through, to being able to teleport themselves and allies, to being able to teleport enemies. How far the portals can reach, and how far the character can teleport should always be clearly defined, and the distance should increase as the characters level increases.

Ability score increases should be at levels, 4, 6 , 8, 12, 14, 16 and 19. The character should gain extra attack at levels 5, 11 and 20

The character should gain the standard fighter features at the same level as other fighter subclasses.
[ +- ] output
Hmm, won't be using the powers that much with only a couple 'portal dice' but I'll go with it. I'm assuming 'Dimensional Dodge' avoids the attack? halves the damage? gonna be the GM's call on some of these.

edit: oh geez, I just saw there was more than one draft
Last edited June 6, 2024 2:04 am
Jun 27, 2024 7:07 pm
Giving it some tries.

https://chatgpt.com/share/20c2f944-6008-4d05-96d7-cc5d6209707a

Input:
Create me a D&D 5E Subclass. The main class is Rogue The subclass should feel like it is heavily inspired on warlock, combining dextrous melee with eldritch powers. Provide some lore on where these powers come from. Grant features on the same levels as on other Rogue subclasses which can include warlock cantrips and invocations.

Output:
Rogue Subclass: The Eldritch Blade

Lore:
In the world of mysticism and shadows, there exists a clandestine pact between the Rogues and eldritch beings from beyond the mortal realm. These entities, known as the Whispering Shadows, grant their chosen rogues access to otherworldly powers in exchange for their service and secrecy. The rogues who accept this pact become Eldritch Blades, masters of combining their agility and combat prowess with the arcane might of the Whispering Shadows.

The Eldritch Blades are rare and elusive, often operating in the shadows and using their abilities to carry out missions that ordinary rogues would find impossible. Their powers manifest in a blend of swift melee strikes and arcane abilities, making them formidable opponents.

Subclass Features:

Level 3: Pact of the Blade
Upon choosing this archetype at 3rd level, you forge a pact with the Whispering Shadows. This pact grants you the ability to use warlock cantrips and invocations to enhance your combat abilities.

Eldritch Cantrips: You learn two cantrips of your choice from the warlock spell list. They count as rogue cantrips for you, and Charisma is your spellcasting ability for them.

Invocations: You gain one Eldritch Invocation of your choice from the warlock class. You gain an additional invocation at 9th, 13th, and 17th levels. These invocations must be chosen from those available to warlocks and must be invocations that do not have a prerequisite level higher than your rogue level.

Level 9: Shadow Step
At 9th level, you gain the ability to step through the veil between worlds. As a bonus action, you can teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. If you use this ability to appear in dim light or darkness, you become invisible until the start of your next turn or until you make an attack or cast a spell.

Level 13: Eldritch Strikes
At 13th level, your melee attacks are infused with eldritch energy. When you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can choose to deal additional psychic damage equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Level 17: Whispering Shadows
At 17th level, the Whispering Shadows grant you the ability to blur the line between the material and ethereal planes. As an action, you can become ethereal, as if you had cast the etherealness spell, without expending a spell slot. While in this form, you can use your Shadow Step feature without limitation, and your Eldritch Strikes deal an additional 1d8 psychic damage. This ethereal form lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

Invocations Suggestions:

Armor of Shadows: You can cast mage armor on yourself at will, without expending a spell slot or material components.
Devil’s Sight: You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.
Beguiling Influence: You gain proficiency in the Deception and Persuasion skills.
Mask of Many Faces: You can cast disguise self at will, without expending a spell slot.
Thirsting Blade: You can attack with your pact weapon twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn (requires Pact of the Blade).

This subclass combines the rogue's dexterous combat style with warlock-like eldritch powers, offering a unique playstyle that balances melee combat with magical abilities.
Jun 28, 2024 4:13 am
That sounds cool. Honestly seems fairly on par with Arcane Trickster to some extent.

The Cantrips are pretty cool options for a primarily melee rogue and the invocation could be game changing. Heck you could potentially take even more with Feats.
Jun 28, 2024 6:00 am
I have give it some thoughts. It seems quite flexible and by using CHA, it is MAD and prevents eldritch blast with sneak attack. So balance wise it seems not too OP. Invocations are fun for variety in characters.

The Whispering Shadows are a bit vague still.
Level 9 seems very powerful, as there is no limit on uses (then again, what is level 17? While in this form, you can use your Shadow Step feature without limitation) range?

I shall put up a follow up prompt tonight, but I think I like this subclass.
Last edited June 28, 2024 6:04 am
Jun 28, 2024 2:50 pm
oh man I thought Shadow Step had some kind of use to it...I mean. It is pretty much a "Cunning Action - Misty Step" which is crazy. As for 17, maybe the limitation could be said that you just get Invisibility regardless of dim light/darkness?
Jun 28, 2024 4:13 pm
Seems like I did something wrong. Can't find the AI chat anymore... :(

Shadow Step is OP yeah. I think 1x / LR or SR sounds fair.
Jun 28, 2024 4:28 pm
I mean...we have actively said "don't worry about OP-ness" so if you want the restriction by all means...but you don't have to
Jun 28, 2024 7:08 pm
[ +- ] SubClass Prompt
[ +- ] Way of Chaotic Entropy
[ +- ] Subrace Prompt
[ +- ] Chaotic Halfling
Opinions?
Last edited June 28, 2024 7:09 pm
Jun 28, 2024 8:52 pm
I like it. Might have it create the random sorceror spell table as well?

I like how they reference the damage as "Chaotic Damage"
Jun 28, 2024 9:52 pm
valdattaMadun says:
I like it. Might have it create the random sorceror spell table as well?
"
Do you mean a Wild Magic Table or all of the Sorcerer spell Randomly on a list?

What is the starting Level?
Jun 28, 2024 10:15 pm
Fixing things.....
https://chatgpt.com/share/d7dc7d7e-2043-467a-a17e-80d7ad53a6a5
[ +- ] Prompt
[ +- ] Level 9 ability powered down

[ +- ] Prompt
[ +- ] Lore

[ +- ] A race
[ +- ] Crystalborne Humans

Last edited June 28, 2024 10:15 pm
Jun 28, 2024 10:34 pm
[ +- ] Character Prompt
[ +- ] Output
Last edited June 29, 2024 10:44 am
Jun 28, 2024 10:45 pm
@valdattaMadun I have my sheet pretty much done besides Stats and Level.
Could you add Custom Character sheets for ALLOWED CHARACTER SHEETS?
Jun 29, 2024 10:44 am
Change Reya's backstory to be a bit more Rogue and Eldritch Blade and a bit less Crystalborne. She is still Crystalborne, but more chaotic, freespirited and wild/fun.
[ +- ] Output

You do not have permission to post in this thread.