Campaign Prompt

May 31, 2024 6:20 pm
So here I wanted to start by asking initial prompt ideas or themes we could include in the start of this.

We could also, all maybe come up with a single campaign prompt and then we vote on it?
May 31, 2024 6:26 pm
Maybe we all work together to come up with 2-3 prompts to ask the generator and then vote on the results?
May 31, 2024 6:40 pm
I like it.

How about we come up with bits and pieces to "prompt" together

Location/World?
Theme?
Tone?
Plot devices used?

example:

"The World of Bridgerton"
With a theme of "betrayal"
Tone: Dark but humorous
Plot devices used: A macguffin
[ +- ] result
May 31, 2024 6:41 pm
I would then run the prompt on my side and cut off the results at the first plot hook it gives
May 31, 2024 6:50 pm
I envision making a Sherlock Holmes themed character for your example :)
May 31, 2024 6:52 pm
I mean, totally. It went from "Bridgerton" to some cat-burgler investigation heist real quick
May 31, 2024 6:55 pm
and for the fun of it. This would totally be how you start the campaign
[ +- ] Lady Whistledown
god...my wife makes me watch this show and I know too much
May 31, 2024 7:25 pm
Cool, i had no idea the AI could do this much. Amazing!
May 31, 2024 7:35 pm
[ +- ] Create a DnD Campaign based on the Legend of Zelda where everyone plays as Tingle
May 31, 2024 7:37 pm
I am just throwing things out there, but I totally would imagine us going in some zany direction which mish-mashes some seemingly random tones/themes/settings together to make a playable campaign
May 31, 2024 7:40 pm
Maybe a post apocalyptic esc world where the "hero’s of some module or other failed and the bad guy/guys won? And our game isn’t about defeating the BBEG but just in the world the situation made.
May 31, 2024 7:42 pm
[ +- ] Create a DnD campaign that mashes up Power Rangers with Sherlock Holmes and the God of War video games into one connected universe where the players are trying to stop a secret cult from controlling the supply of the worlds cheeseburgers
ok google...calm down it read my current location and based the campaign there.
May 31, 2024 7:43 pm
Arrcher101 says:
Maybe a post apocalyptic esc world where the "hero’s of some module or other failed and the bad guy/guys won? And our game isn’t about defeating the BBEG but just in the world the situation made.
I literally copy and pasted your comment
[ +- ] here
May 31, 2024 7:49 pm
[ +- ] very meta prompt
May 31, 2024 7:53 pm
Wow….. really I had no idea, so cool.
Jun 2, 2024 3:13 pm
Playing with the generator thought it was cool. Shattered moon
Jun 3, 2024 5:21 pm
Ok, so I think some kind of poll to figure out prompt ideas.

Location/World
Theme
Tone
Goal

How about each person "submits" these, NOT as one setting but like each of them being separate entities. We then ask a prompt with this format:

"Create a DnD adventure set in (LOCATION) that has the theme of (THEME) with a (TONE) tone and the goal to (GOAL)"

We will then vote on how to connect the different pieces and make 3 final "prompts"

I will run the prompts and edit out the part of the "spoiler" response and post for a final vote?
Jun 3, 2024 5:43 pm
So each of us supplies one of the four prompts? Then you submit?

Or all we all supplying options for all four prompts, and then voting on our favorites?

(apologies if I am overthinking it.)
Jun 3, 2024 5:44 pm
Sounds good

Location/World: Forest, metropolis,
Theme: monster/bounty hunt, murder mystery,
Tone: Wild West, mysterious/errie,
Goal: kill/capture quarry, find killer,
Jun 3, 2024 7:27 pm
Location/World: Crystal caverns
Theme: race to the goal
Tone: Lighthearted adventure
Goal: Get the McGuffin before a rival team does.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.