1 Walking the Fire

load previous
Jul 6, 2024 3:30 am
Current Tactical Map
https://i.imgur.com/H6V2EcT.jpeg
Jul 6, 2024 8:04 am
Syr'alla rolls her eyes at Humfrey's insistence of not killing the beast, she glances over at him, "You're going to have to give us a better option, we're here to save the other ship, not the fire whale preservation society... if we lure it back towards the portal is it likely to return home?"
Jul 6, 2024 2:12 pm
OOC:
I'm going to go ahead and roll my piloting check for initiative in the helm phase. Below i'll put what I want to do movement wise. If others have a better idea, i'm happy to hear it. I don't want to crash into it.
[ +- ] Movement

Rolls

Piloting - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Jul 7, 2024 3:08 am
Fire Whale
OOC:
If we don't get a Divert action by morning I'll go ahead and make it. Cuz it looks like we got three out of five active players actualy posting.

Rolls

Piloting (initiative) - (1d20+10)

(19) + 10 = 29

Jul 9, 2024 6:53 pm
OOC:
I was to have posted sorry
I do another scan to try to l arn the maximum possible about tis incredible creature.
Alien life study is paramount, try not to kill it !

Rolls

Life Science - (1d20+9)

(2) + 9 = 11

Aug 10, 2024 1:52 am
"Aurora Ascending, this is Station Master Jori," the voice comes over the comms. Static nearly garbles the message.
"We need that ship intact as possible. Whatever secrets it holds is imperative to understanding the portal. Also, that Fire Whale has been modified and is jamming our transmissions. We believe it is being controlled by an algorithm. Do your best to stay alive and save that ship! Over..."
https://i.imgur.com/X3Fo480.jpeg
Aug 10, 2024 10:35 am
Humfrey is angry.

How dare they? Enslaving such a magnificent beast ! I will try to see if I can hack the signal and free or even control the beast.
OOC:
I'm not sure if I can do it, or if it is even my turn. I send the roll just in case.

Rolls

Computers - (1d20+8)

(20) + 8 = 28

Aug 10, 2024 1:12 pm
OOC:
which phase are we on? I think we just did the piloting phase, so is it the gunnery phase?
Aug 10, 2024 1:28 pm
Ironmonger42 says:
OOC:
which phase are we on? I think we just did the piloting phase, so is it the gunnery phase?
yes, Gunnery.
Aug 15, 2024 12:47 am
Someone roll gunnery...
Aug 15, 2024 1:38 am
OOC:
I know I am the pilot but I will roll for the guns this turn

Rolls

Light laser (dex mod + piloting ranks) - (1d20+3, 2d4)

1d20+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

2d4 : (21) = 3

Missile Launcher - (1d20+3, 4d8)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

4d8 : (7448) = 23

Aug 16, 2024 2:31 am
Just as Humphrey taps into the whale's OS, it begins to burst into flames, microseconds before missile fire rips into the beast. A great explosion erupts where the creature once was and only a spectacular corona of flames remains. You pilot through the blast with your ship intact.

You now have a clear line of action. The mystery vessel has come to a halt and floats slowly towards the space station...
Aug 16, 2024 3:23 am
"Great job, everyone! Should we board the vesal and see if there is anyone in immediate need to head back and let the people on the station handle that part? We can use the radio and ask."
Last edited August 16, 2024 3:23 am
Aug 16, 2024 8:11 am
"They're drifting, any signs of life or communications aboard? Can we open a channel?"
Aug 16, 2024 10:00 pm
Stationmaster Jori:
"Congratulations Starfinders! You must try to board this mystery ship and find a way to bring it and any surviving
crew back to the station, over."

Catching up with the drifting starship is simple. The ship’s engines are offline, and nothing nearby is ahead on its trajectory.

Your attempts at communication are greeted with silence as you near the vessel. Even battered and blackened by the assault, the ship remains
a work of art. Curves and spines of gleaming brass combine with dark plating to give the ship a feel that’s half architectural and half insectile. Oblong domes are set in the top of the ship like eyes, opaque enough to hide their secrets.

Along the bow, the name Breath of Embers is written in Ignan. (If no one in the party is able to read Ignan, researchers back on the station translate this via comm units.) You come to the realization that the ship is from the Plane of Fire.
Aug 16, 2024 10:23 pm
Syr'alla double checks the charge level of her pulsecaster, "Okay boys, no idea what we're finding in there, so keep your eyes open. I'll keep checking in with you so we can try and keep quiet until we know what's up.", she then pushed a telepathic message to each of them -Checking in-
Aug 16, 2024 11:49 pm
"All clear," seer replies, assuming he is able to. "Alright, once we are all clear I'll fly us over and dock us with the ship. We should probably all go. Who knows what is on that ship. Leaving someone back here on our ship could get the person that stays back killed or leave us too weak to handled what may be on there."
Aug 17, 2024 1:08 am
OOC:
Breath of Embers is easy to board. Docking with the ship is a simple maneuver that does not require a Piloting roll.

The ship’s interior has several features in common, unless otherwise noted. It’s full of breathable atmosphere. Artificial gravity generators are still running, giving the ship normal gravity.

The interior is made of alloys that look like polished brass or steel, brass dominating, with accents of dark basalt or white granite. Glowing ceiling panels and sconces holding holographic flames light the ship, but these lights periodically flicker or blink out entirely for a moment as the ship’s damaged systems struggle to continue working.

Doors are sturdy as steel but most open at a touch.
Aug 17, 2024 1:28 am
A1. Airlock
The overhead light panels in this wedge-shaped airlock flicker, but the indicators on the control panel glow a steady red.
OOC:
Airlock controls are written in Ignan but are simple and functional. Cycling the airlock and opening the inner door is easy for a PC who can read Ignan. Otherwise, doing so requires a successful Computers, Engineering, or Mysticism check to parse the design.
https://i.imgur.com/kWY5XlM.jpeg
Aug 17, 2024 4:08 am
Seer doesn't know ignan but takes a look at the airlock controls with his understanding of the energies of space he is so fond of.
Last edited August 17, 2024 4:08 am

Rolls

Mysticism (assumed DC 16, 15 + 1.5x lv (1)) - (1d20+8)

(12) + 8 = 20

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.