Need testers for some big changes on staging

load previous
Aug 24, 2024 6:35 pm
I think the only thing left to test is "Non-custom character sheets."

I haven't used a non-custom sheet in ages, so I'm not the best person to test them.

Also, since there's no way to copy/paste or import non-custom sheets, they might be better to test once a copy of the full database is added in the next phase of testing.
Aug 24, 2024 6:36 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
... private tag seems to work correctly to me!
vagueGM says:
I can only see the Private note to myself ...
Awesome, thanks!
Last edited August 24, 2024 6:40 pm
Aug 24, 2024 6:44 pm
Update: Handouts and Snippets are working as expected. Thanks @FlyingSucculent for helping me troubleshoot that.
Aug 24, 2024 6:44 pm
Player-side character list seems to be bugged. Here is how it looks from Chalrytharendir's and my perspectives in the same game:
[ +- ] Screenshots
It works fine for me in a different game I'm the GM in.
Aug 24, 2024 6:49 pm
@Keleth So in summary, other than the fliptokens and player-side character lists, I think staging is working really well! Once those two things are debugged, I think we are probably ready for the next phase (migrating a copy of the entire database to staging for testing?) 🤞
Aug 26, 2024 11:15 pm
@Chalrytharendir For the player side list, can you be more clear on what's wrong? A user should only be able to see their own characters if they're not a GM, right? I'm looking into flip tokens, as that works locally, so surprised it's not working on staging.
Aug 26, 2024 11:16 pm
Oh, I forgot to remove something in the database, thus why you could only flip once. Should be good now.
Aug 26, 2024 11:16 pm
I'm gonna work on the full data load tonight, as the player list should be easy enough to fix.
Aug 27, 2024 5:09 am
On the main site, players can see the links to all characters in a game using that menu. It's often useful for players to see each other's sheets, and if not, players can keep their sheets private.
Aug 27, 2024 7:28 am
Yeah, and on the main site I would be seeing my own player name on the list, which I don't on staging. So it's a combination of not seeing all player names and other players' characters sheets.
Aug 27, 2024 5:24 pm
Ok, I'll make that change to the character list.

Also, all data is now transferred and converted on staging. If folks don't mind, take a look, see if you think it's slower/the same/faster than prod, and do some feature tests to make sure everything is good. Do some comparisons to data on staging and prod to see if it lines up, specially if you used an emoji or image or something, and if anyone is using languages that use characters that English doesn't (typically).
Aug 27, 2024 5:30 pm
staging feels significantly faster loading the slow homepage.

top shows mysql only using 32% CPU for the duration of about 7 seconds, as opposed to >180% CPU for >30 seconds on prod. This is surprising.
Aug 27, 2024 5:49 pm
• A few random players in my games are missing portraits. This might be an irrelevant symptom of how the data was transferred, but met us know if you want us to report each occurrence of such. The data seems to be out of date, so I don't know if those players did not have portraits at that time.

• Character posts are showing the player's portrait.

• The 'Advanced rules definitions' in Game Details were messed up, they were displaying in one long line with \n instead of line breaks. The rules also were not working. Replacing the rules with correct ones from prod fixed both these issues.

• The Gamers' Plane development game has messed up emojis in the game, on the Games menu at the top it shows the lightbulb emoji 'correctly'. Compare with prod.

• Game 'background images' are not showing up. Compare the above two for that as well.
Aug 27, 2024 5:57 pm
vagueGM says:
• A few random players in my games are missing portraits. This might be an irrelevant symptom of how the data was transferred, but met us know if you want us to report each occurrence of such. The data seems to be out of date, so I don't know if those players did not have portraits at that time.

• Character posts are showing the player's portrait.
Yah, don't worry about the avatars.
vagueGM says:
• The 'Advanced rules definitions' in Game Details were messed up, they were displaying in one long line with \n instead of line breaks. The rules also were not working. Replacing the rules with correct ones from prod fixed both these issues.

• The Gamers' Plane development game has messed up emojis in the game, on the Games menu at the top it shows the lightbulb emoji 'correctly'. Compare with prod.
Will look into those.
vagueGM says:
• Game 'background images' are not showing up. Compare the above two for that as well.
Can you give me an example? I can see if it's a code issue or a copy issue.
Aug 27, 2024 6:06 pm
Keleth says:
vagueGM says:
• 'Gamers' Plane development' game: on prod has a background image, on staging has no background image.
Aug 27, 2024 6:18 pm
vagueGM says:
Keleth says:
vagueGM says:
• 'Gamers' Plane development' game: on prod has a background image, on staging has no background image.
Fixed
Aug 27, 2024 6:20 pm
As for the emojis, I think I have to figure out a different way to do a data load. I'll wait to see if folks find other bugs, and if I don't see anything soon, I'll probably try a data load again.
Aug 28, 2024 2:58 am
So looks like something in how MySQL backed up the data messed up the emojis. I'm not really sure what to do. I'll have to google.
Aug 28, 2024 3:29 am
It looks like some other symbols are also messed up. In one of my games these occurred:
Quote:
Our captain makes a hard leftâ€" (originally: left—)
Pinky’s (originally: Pinky’s)
Edit: Also, I have a character named Remíe (with an accented í), and while the name is corrupted in text of posts, the name on the sheet isn't. (It's a 13th Age sheet, if it matters.)
Last edited August 28, 2024 3:45 am
Aug 28, 2024 3:35 am
Some weirdness with bookmarked characters. I have two on the main site, but on staging I have both of them plus another one. Not a big deal probably, but still weird. (And I haven't changed the bookmarks in a while, so not an old data issue. Probably. Or it might be and I'm misremembering...)

And game bookmarks are fully gone. D:

Speed feels slightly better though!
Last edited August 28, 2024 3:47 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.