Ask Me Anything: Dmbrainiac

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 12, 2024 6:33 pm
Have you ever run or worked on an alternate media production (such as a vlog or podcast) about gaming or PBP gaming?
Jul 12, 2024 6:51 pm
I have not. Thus far, I’ve kept my work and my hobbies separate. Aside from posting in PbP games at work during downtime, of course. :D
Jul 12, 2024 11:57 pm
Dmbrainiac says:
during downtime, of course. :D
What, are you afraid your supervisor is on this site too? 😂
Jul 13, 2024 1:41 am
One can never be too careful... 🤔
Jul 14, 2024 11:54 pm
Tough question:
What was the worst PC death in a game you had run?
Jul 15, 2024 9:52 am
Ye Mass Effect endigns were luckluster. I expected something more epic. I really picture Florida as colourful as in GTA Vice City, CSI Miami and Fast and Furious 2. Is it true? Or just Miami? I also feel like it has infinite everglades, have you used any of those special airboats?
Last edited July 15, 2024 9:53 am
Jul 15, 2024 12:39 pm
Legendary_Sidekick says:
Tough question:
What was the worst PC death in a game you had run?
It depends on what you mean by "worst." If you mean death in the worst manner, then the first one that comes to mind is a fighter in a "Shattered Star" campaign climbing up a staircase and opening a door at the top. A redcap was hiding behind the door and got a sneak attack in with his scythe. Critical hit, x4 critical multiplier. The poor PC was dead four times over.

If you mean death in the lamest manner, then I'll go back to one of the times I ran "Shackled City." One of the PCs was trying to cross a rope bridge over an underground chasm. Critically failed the Balance check to cross the bridge, fell to his death. We didn't want to waste time in the session, so the player quickly brought in another PC with the exact same stats who was the first PC's brother. Tried to cross the bridge, critically failed the Balance check, fell to his death as well. But the third character! The third one made it! :D

Alepous says:
I really picture Florida as colourful as in GTA Vice City, CSI Miami and Fast and Furious 2. Is it true? Or just Miami? I also feel like it has infinite everglades, have you used any of those special airboats?
Ha! Well Miami is pretty colorful, in the city and along the beaches at night. Orlando, too, with all of the tourist attractions and theme parks. The rest, not so much.

Yes, I've ridden on airboats several times. They're loud as hell but fun. I've gotten up close to alligators and other wildlife in the 'Glades before when I was younger. Nowadays, I tend to stick to the urban areas, except occasionally when camping.
Jul 15, 2024 1:29 pm
Haha…! Playing his own brother! Ha, what a… well… uh. Yeah, I mighta prob’ly played my own brother the first time I died in an RPG.

(It was a LARP in my case, and I had already mentioned my brother’s arrival in-game. My brother was gonna play my brother, but given the circumstance, we decided I should play my own brother since I bore an uncanny resemblance to the guy who died. I dare say we would have passed for twins.)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.