Character Creation

load previous
Jul 16, 2024 5:45 pm
MaJunior says:
As for magical items... do we just custom-craft what we want? Roll on the charts and hope for the best? Give you an idea and let you whip something up?
On page 208 there are some charts. You can roll or pick ones that are suitable, and I'll review what you have. Otherwise you can tell me what you'd like and I can try and make something for you.

There really isn't a such thing as a +1 sword or anything. Almost all enchanted items expand your capabilities into new areas.
Jul 16, 2024 5:46 pm
MaJunior says:
I figure damage is probably my goal. I only have 1 power and 2 spells total, so even my utility potential is extremely limited.
Did you get a chance to read A Tale of Two Paladins, that I posted in the recruitment thread? If not, I highly recommend it, especially for your character.
Jul 16, 2024 5:55 pm
nezzeraj / Dmbrainiac

Are you aware of the Military Sign Language that has been approved for this elite team of Paladins? Any chance you both want to take the sign language to help keep our operations covert when we need them to be?
Last edited July 16, 2024 6:18 pm
Jul 16, 2024 6:33 pm
Skimmed it, but being new it didn't make a ton if sense at the time (no context). Having reread it, a lot more of it seems fitting.
Jul 16, 2024 6:47 pm
@MaJunior If you want any assistance with filling out your character sheet, I'm happy to help.

Also, do you understand how magic works with respect to learning traditions and spells?
Jul 16, 2024 6:53 pm
I know it says I get a Tradition (one from the New Gods; so Celestial, Life, or Theurgy) at level 3 (which lets me pick a level 0 spell) and a spell at level 6 that is limited to my power or lower. Lol

Is there more to it?
Jul 16, 2024 7:02 pm
MaJunior says:
I know it says I get a Tradition (one from the New Gods; so Celestial, Life, or Theurgy) at level 3 (which lets me pick a level 0 spell) and a spell at level 6 that is limited to my power or lower. Lol

Is there more to it?
That's right! Also, your level 4 choice as a human, you can pick Determined or gain another spell. So you could have up to three spells of Rank 0 or Rank 1 for the tradition you chose.

Also, for this playtest, I'm letting you pick any tradition you want (not just limited to those three), so long as it's not Dark Magic (Curse, Forbidden, Necromancy).
Jul 16, 2024 7:24 pm
Took Determined.

Still debating my tradition, so I'll give them all a thorough read.
Jul 17, 2024 1:27 am
Balthazar says:
nezzeraj / Dmbrainiac

Are you aware of the Military Sign Language that has been approved for this elite team of Paladins? Any chance you both want to take the sign language to help keep our operations covert when we need them to be?
Yes I'll add that tonight if I don't forget.
Jul 17, 2024 2:03 am
I've noticed there's a few folks who haven't filled out their sheets the way I intended with this character sheet.

Once you think you're done, please let me know and I'll go in and fill out the rest. I can fill in spell details, talent details, etc. I can also customize the sheet to include specific things for your character if you like.
Jul 17, 2024 2:08 am
Hey! If you want my spell section like the original sheet I'll have to get you to do it... 🙃
Jul 17, 2024 2:10 am
@bookrat

Would you allow a daily buff spell (at power 3) that is essentially a freezing aura? Minimal damage, maybe an intellect attack to cause a slow effect?
Jul 17, 2024 3:10 am
Jomsviking says:
@bookrat

Would you allow a daily buff spell (at power 3) that is essentially a freezing aura? Minimal damage, maybe an intellect attack to cause a slow effect?
FROST NOVA - WATER ATTACK 3
Area: A sphere with a 3-yard radius centered on a point within medium range
Each creature in the area must get a success on a Will challenge roll or become slowed for 1 minute. While slowed in this way, when the creature takes a slow turn, it can use an action or move, but not both.
Jul 17, 2024 3:26 am
Finally a Runic/Water spell probably completely useless.

Stargate spell?
Jul 17, 2024 3:28 am
Jomsviking says:
Finally a Runic/Water spell probably completely useless.

Stargate spell?
Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean here.
Jul 17, 2024 4:22 am
A spell which would allow for interacting with a device that allows for transit between planets and stars.
Jul 17, 2024 1:32 pm
I don't think that's appropriate for this campaign. There's some rune and water spells available in the core book you can select.
Jul 17, 2024 4:57 pm
Maybe a weird question, but... is there a book that has additional spells for the Life Tradition? I'm hoping I have more Level 0 options, just in case I want to do something other than smite once. Lol
Jul 17, 2024 5:46 pm
Thank you!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.