Hey Everyone!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 21, 2016 5:41 pm
I'm new to the site and just trying to figure it out at the moment. I heard about it on a podcast and love the idea of play by post.

I'm an active blogger and podcaster along with being very active on Twitter.

I'm mostly interested in D&D 5e since I listen to a lot of live play podcasts and feel like I have a good understanding of the rules. I also love the Star Wars setting and would love to try a campaign in it, I'm just unfamiliar with the RPG system for it from FFG.

Outside of tabletop gaming I also really enjoy video games, books, running, and all sorts of other geeky things.

Do you guys have any tips on getting started? Is there anywhere to see a sample game or get in contact with someone about being a newbie to play by post?
Last edited September 21, 2016 5:42 pm
Sep 21, 2016 5:43 pm
Welcome! There's new games all the time, and most people are totally ok with newbies (it doesn't take long to learn). I did make a New Player Guide a little while ago if you wanna check it out.
Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm
Welcome to the site. Sample games abound as many GMs make their games public. If you go to the forums tab on the top bar and scroll down to the bottom of the page it takes you to you will see a button to show public games. Turn this on and pick any of the ones that show up.
Sep 21, 2016 5:45 pm
Sure. Welcome to the site. Check the games tavern. That's where people pitch games they'd like to play and/or seek out players.
Sep 21, 2016 5:47 pm
Welcome!
Sep 21, 2016 5:56 pm
Great information so far. Thanks a ton! I'll definitely be taking a look at some public games and maybe throwing a post in the Games Tavern.
Sep 21, 2016 6:47 pm
Welcome void! Glad you decided to join us; let me know if you find any issues or have feedback!
Sep 21, 2016 6:54 pm
Welcome, Void!
Sep 21, 2016 6:57 pm
Welcome to the site! We are glad to have you!
Sep 21, 2016 7:32 pm
Hi Void nice to meet you. I am new to the site too.
Heard of it on the Sharkbone Podcast and here to game myself.
Sep 21, 2016 8:51 pm
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Yay! Welcome Void, awesome to see you here. Now we just need to work on Beej :)
Sep 21, 2016 9:59 pm
Cosmic_Cube says:
Hi Void nice to meet you. I am new to the site too.
Heard of it on the Sharkbone Podcast and here to game myself.
Sharkbone has a podcast? I have to look that one up!
Sep 21, 2016 10:08 pm
Your welcome Void.

Yes Sharkbone has a pod cast. Pretty wide in rp scope instead of focus on one system.
Sep 21, 2016 10:31 pm
Hello and welcome.
Sep 21, 2016 11:55 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
Omg, I had no idea you frequented this site. I need to hit you up on twitter for advice!
Sep 22, 2016 12:53 am
Welcome!
Sep 23, 2016 8:53 pm
Welcome! I have an opening in one of my games right now, and haven't had luck with people following through on invites. It's here if you want to apply (just hit the apply button).
Sep 24, 2016 4:07 am
Welcome, void!
Sep 25, 2016 9:15 pm
void says:
Knifesedgegames says:
Omg, I had no idea you frequented this site. I need to hit you up on twitter for advice!
Ha! Wasn't it me that directed you here??
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.