A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Two

load previous
Oct 15, 2016 7:10 pm
Yes. Who is the director of the library. I want to start requesting access to the restricted section.
Oct 15, 2016 7:19 pm
Kaosanddoom says:
Yes. Who is the director of the library. I want to start requesting access to the restricted section.
Dr Henry Armitage. Everyone knows of him though Mathis doesn't know him personally.
OOC:
Perhaps one of your colleagues has a connection?
Oct 15, 2016 7:22 pm
Does he have an office in the library? I would like to speak with him. And we can do this on the side so you can advance the story. I don't want to hold this up.
Oct 15, 2016 7:28 pm
Indeed, his office is not far from where you're sitting, on the north wall near the card catalogue. (Map of the library appears in the handouts section http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/2144/)
Oct 15, 2016 7:48 pm
Mathis walks up and knocks.
OOC:
For the sake of time, I assume I am allowed in.
Hello sir. I was wondering what the process for getting restricted books is. There is one I am interested in reading.
Oct 15, 2016 8:22 pm
Inside the office sits the familiar face of the well-respected library director, Dr. Henry Armitage. White bearded with bifocals, he sucks on an old Meerschaum pipe. He appears paler and thinner than last time you saw him last semester and he seems shocked as you enter his office.
"No, no, no, out of the question! Those books are not for everyone."
Oct 15, 2016 8:33 pm
I know sir, but do you realize that you have a copy of the dole chants? The mythology is absolutely fascinating and I will never get another chance in my life to read it. I will do whatever it takes. Gloves, supervision, the works. But I cannot miss this opportunity sir.
Oct 15, 2016 9:33 pm
OOC:
It's a long shot, but I'll give you a persuade roll
Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm
OOC:
I have nothing I'd like to do before moving time along.
Oct 15, 2016 9:43 pm
Persuade

Rolls

Persuade - (1d100)

(10) = 10

Oct 15, 2016 10:02 pm
Armitage looks at you very carefully, "You remind me of someone.. Very well, I will permit you one hour with that book. You will read here in my office, under my supervision. You will have no access to any other works and when the hour is up, that's it, no negotiations."
Oct 15, 2016 10:11 pm
Thank you so much sir. This really is the opportunity of a life time. Just tell me what you want me to do.
Oct 15, 2016 10:35 pm
"Come here tomorrow at noon. I;ll have the book ready for you."
Oct 16, 2016 3:26 am
OOC:
Jon is just going to continue reading the book he's been studying
Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm
You all go your separate ways to prepare for the start of the semester in two days time, agreeing to meet before lunch on Friday.
Oct 16, 2016 7:36 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Oct 16, 2016 7:40 pm
Kaosanddoom sent a note to Knifesedgegames

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Oct 16, 2016 9:48 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom

Rolls

Sanity loss - (1d4)

(1) = 1

Oct 17, 2016 6:11 pm
Mathis, his time come to an end fervently thanks Dr. Armitage.
"Doctor, This has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I can't tell you thank you enough to show you how much this means to me, but maybe my actions will. I would like to volunteer my time to your library to help with anything that I can. Here is a copy of my class schedule, so if there is anything you need done and I am available, please do not hesitate to ask."

Mathis carefully collects all of his things, and extends his hand to shake the professors, a look of absolute sincere thanks upon his face.
Oct 17, 2016 9:28 pm
The Dr. clearly did not expect this level of professionalism from a young student and taken aback he shakes your hand, "I might take you up on that young man. If you learnt anything from that book, be careful with whom you share it. These tomes are not to be taken lightly."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.