A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Two

load previous
Nov 14, 2016 5:47 pm
" I fear we only heard about the accident long after. I'm not sure who was even there when you were attacked. We should all be careful however. We must count anyone that knows you were on the expedition as a suspect, unless you have some enemies we are unaware of?
Nov 19, 2016 4:22 am
Angel shrugs in confusion. "I have no enemies, that I know of. And, while I think it strange that you would suggest that this is connected with the expedition, but..." he shakes his head is resignation. "I'm forced to agree." He pauses, taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. "I can't believe someone tried to kill me." He looks up at the others, the realization dawning on him and he begins to shake. "I could have died falling down those stairs. Someone tried to deliberately kill me!"
Nov 20, 2016 2:15 am
"Well, I think your assassin was fairly incompetent considering his method and the outcome. I think we can rule out most hired guns or G men, they always are more effective in the pulp mags anyway. Perhaps we should consider the attacker was a fellow student or even faculty. Once they hear of their failure they might even come to finish the job? We all might be at risk.
Nov 20, 2016 2:52 pm
Father Bill's declaration that he might still be at risk visibly shakes Angel, but he takes a few deep breaths to calm down. "Maybe we can use that?" He chuckles nervously at the thought. "Perhaps we count on someone coming to finish the job and set a trap for them?" His hands are shaking.
Nov 21, 2016 7:13 pm
OOC:
Everyone is at the hospital with Angel so if anyone wants to do anything there, speak up now.
Nov 25, 2016 2:16 pm
Within a couple of weeks, Angel is back at University and on crutches, his leg set in Plaster of Paris.

Not much has occurred in that time. Studies have been keeping everyone busy however on the Monday morning , third week into the semester, word starts to spread that Robert Blaine has been found dead in his apartment off-campus, gun shot to the head. The police have ruled it as suicide pending autopsy.
Nov 26, 2016 1:18 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to irvanovich
Nov 26, 2016 8:51 pm
OOC:
I'm back. Headed to the Grand Canyon on Wednesday for work and back on Tuesday, might be able to post a few times while out.
William suggests at one of the group's regular meetings "Perhaps we should consider trying another trip to the site, this time unannounced to anyone that might be interested? It would be good to see the site first hand and perhaps understand what is going on around here?"
Nov 26, 2016 9:27 pm
Angel is saddened by Blaine's suicide, and confused. "Did any of you get any sense from Blaine that he would take his own life? It seems rather sudden to me. I never got the feeling that he was very sad." He shakes his head, silent for several seconds. "Unless the events of this last trip unhinged him enough."
Nov 28, 2016 4:23 pm
"Perhaps he was killed and they made it look like a suicide? Afterall, he wouldn't have been the only one that went on that trip to be attacked. He didn't seem like the type that would own a firearm either."
Nov 28, 2016 10:44 pm
"Perhaps a visit to his residence is called for, then?"
Nov 29, 2016 12:12 am
William swallows hard at the thought of once again breaking and entering.
Nov 29, 2016 11:00 pm
Angel raises his eyebrows at Father Bill's nervous look. "Is something wrong?"
Nov 30, 2016 4:16 pm
"It's just, our last attempts at criminal mischief nearly had us all arrested. I'm not sure if trespassing on a murder suicide scene is wise. Perhaps there is a way to get the police report legally?"
Nov 30, 2016 4:45 pm
OOC:
Jon, Mathis, Joseph, you out there?
Dec 2, 2016 3:32 am
Angel nods to Father Bill. "I'm sure we can try that, yes. But, we know things that whoever is investigating, if in fact anyone is, his suicide. We might see things they miss. And, we don't have to go in. We can peek?" Angel shakes his head wearily. "There is just so much going on that is so confusing."
Dec 2, 2016 8:08 pm
"I suppose it is irony that the safest course of action is the one less folks are aware of and that means taking a look ourselves. I'm not a detective, but who knows what our combined expertise might find. How should we proceed?"

William follows Angels lead on how to approach the scene and when.
Last edited December 2, 2016 8:09 pm
Dec 5, 2016 2:54 am
OOC:
Do we know where Blaine lives? Whether he lives in an apartment, a rented room or a house could affect how we approach this.
Angel nods to Father Bill. "Isn't it odd how we can no longer rely on the authorities?" He gives a mirthless laugh. "You're taught as you grow up that there are people you can count on when you're in trouble. And, in this case, we cant."
Dec 5, 2016 7:28 am
OOC:
None of you know personally, but according to news reports, he was found in an attic apartment of a house on W. Pickman Street. The landlord is listed as Mr S. Flanaghan
Dec 5, 2016 3:27 pm
Perhaps there is a better way to find some things out besides going into the crime scene. Perhaps a stake out across the street, using binoculars and what not to see what we can see first.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.