A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Two

load previous
Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm
"Squeeze hard and press the knob. Oh and don't point it at anyone you like." Rod gives a faint smile, the first time since seeing him 'not himself', "Now get out of here!"
Jan 24, 2017 1:01 am
Chuck starts for the back door, but stops after a half-step. He waves to the others, while nervously covering the stairs. He looks to be intending to back away, covering the others as they make tracks.
Jan 25, 2017 7:47 am
The three of you leave hastily via the back door, leaving Rod in the shack. Before you're 100 yards away there's the loud crack of a single gunshot.
Jan 25, 2017 10:46 am
Williams stops only for a moment to glance at everyone. He shakes his head trying to remove a foolish thought. "Let's get out of here!" He runs
Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm
Mathis takes his new found weapon, and then makes a hasty retreat. He carefully marks the location where he was taken to be stored, knowing that they most likely have the brains of his friends hidden there. Perhaps he could learn to put them back? Or atleast set them to peace so the cannot be forced into service in the future.
Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm
Chuck runs, trying to keep up with Father Bill, though running isn't his forte. He thinks about a pulp magazine story he read. "Serpentine!" he hisses and tries to run in a zig zag without falling down.
Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm
The trio make it safely back to campus, albeit very late at night.
OOC:
Anything else before turning in for the night?
Jan 25, 2017 7:43 pm
Is there a secluded area around here somewhere? If there is Mathis would like to go there and study his weapon for a bit. (by secluded i mean somewhere this thing could accidently be set off while he learns it, and not hurt or alarm anyone.) Including an engineering roll to see what if anything i can determine about this weapon.

after that (about 1 hour spent) its off to bed.
Last edited January 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Rolls

engineering (rank 33) - (1d100)

(47) = 47

Jan 25, 2017 11:11 pm
After leaving the others, Mathis nips out to woods on the edge of town, finds a clearing and plays with his new toy. He finds that firing it lets out a bluish bolt of sparks. Because of the odd shape, it's hard to fire like a conventional gun
(Base skill Firearms (Electric Gun 10%)) though using at point blank range / direct contact, as was done on you, will produce optimum results. There is a small screen, should 9 small digits, which goes down to eight after he fires it, suggesting how many charges. There doesn't appear to be any way to introduce further ammunition/charges.
Jan 26, 2017 3:35 pm
Score, it works and has eight shots left. Mathis excitedly returns home to sleep, keeping his new weapon close.
Jan 27, 2017 2:45 am
William barricades himself in his room and watches and paces and takes laudanum until he nods off sitting up right in his desk chair. Bill wakes up with a neck pain. His normal dreams had him forget about last night altogether. It comes back to him all at once and he grabs his jacket and races out the door to find the others.
Last edited January 27, 2017 2:47 am
Jan 27, 2017 5:08 am
Chuck retrieves his motorcycle and pushes out back to his form., the thought of the explosive sound of the engine too much to bear.

What happened tonight? He had no clue. Only the bewildering sensation of windmilling his arms to avoid falling off a cliff.

In his room, he slides the shotgun under his bed. He lies dressed on top of the blankets and stares at the ceiling, willing sleep to come, but instead hearing only the phantom echo of hooves on the upper floor.
Jan 27, 2017 9:18 am
Knifesedgegames sent a note to Kaosanddoom
Jan 27, 2017 9:20 am
OOC:
Are the three of you arranging to meet the next day and if so where, given that Mathis' captors will be around campus somewhere.
Jan 27, 2017 2:38 pm
I believe we should meet at the library. We have new things to study, and with me having gained respect from the head library professor and doing volunteer work, I might be able to get some help researching these things. Plus I believe they have plans to destroy the library, do they not?
Jan 27, 2017 7:19 pm
Library it is. Perhaps we can slip into the archives Mathis has partial access to?
Jan 27, 2017 7:44 pm
Slipping in probably won't happen. But I can ask the professor if he has any books that pertain to what we know to exist now, and if i could be allowed some time with one.
Jan 27, 2017 8:13 pm
Just wanted to check as your captors are not aware of your escape and their reaction is unknown.
Jan 27, 2017 11:56 pm
I'm not hiding. If they attack on campus they will out themselves.
Jan 28, 2017 12:21 am
Chuck, Mathis and Father Bill meet up early in the library. Jon is present but seems buried in his books and disinterested in anything you say. It looks like he hasn't slept in a week. There's no sign of Joseph. When you manage to get Jon to acknowledge you, he tells you that Joseph dropped out of school and packed up, leaving for his parent's home across state. It feels like the group of survivors from the Vermont trip is getting smaller and smaller.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.