Edited posts and changelogs.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 26, 2024 2:15 pm
Hey, hopefully this is an easy one.

If a post has been edited multiple times, I know the timestamp of most recent edit is attached at the bottom. However... is there a sort of "change log" that the GM can access, to see each change?

Fast example:

Post 1 - Hi.
Edit - Hi nerd.
Edit 2 - Hello, nerd.
Edit 3 - Hello.

Could the GM verify each edit of the post, or would they just see the last post and the time it was edited to say that?

(For context, we may need to make one roll at a time so the player can make a decision whether to use an ability, before editing the post to make the second roll. And again for the third roll.)

Thanks!
Last edited August 26, 2024 2:16 pm
Aug 26, 2024 2:22 pm
I don't think there is a changelog. But I have seen games where players post before the roll and post again after the results. The GM tells them not to edit. Would 3 posts work for you?
Last edited August 26, 2024 2:24 pm
Aug 26, 2024 3:19 pm
I can run it by the GM and see what he thinks. While I was hoping to avoid cluttering the thread, it may still be the best answer.

Thanks for that.
Aug 26, 2024 4:52 pm
the best way to get a log is to connect it to a discord tread
Aug 26, 2024 7:24 pm
Does Discord show you the full post?
Aug 27, 2024 3:29 am
No, only the beginning.
[ +- ] Example
Aug 27, 2024 11:42 am
runekyndig says:
the best way to get a log is to connect it to a discord tread
I miss remembered. Sorry. What I did remember was that we "caught" a player in making multiple identical posts because they were posting, was unhappy with the roll, deleting the post, and trying again.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.