Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 5, 2024 6:06 pm
Right now, you can favorite a game or character, and the first 10 by id ascending that you pick will show up in the header. I don't love this, because specially for new folks, it makes it hard to know what will show up. I'm looking to change this is the database update, and I would like feedback.

Should we order by:
- Date of creation (from oldest to newest or newest to oldest, knowing only 10 will show up)
- Date favorited (from oldest to newest or newest to oldest, knowing only 10 will show up)
- Alphabetic order
- ID for now, knowing it will change in the future
Sep 5, 2024 6:07 pm
Date favorited would let people create their own order. Alphabetic just seems neat and tidy. I think I'd vote alphabetic, but I could see a strong argument for date favorited
Sep 5, 2024 6:12 pm
Can a field be added which would be a user-selected order? This way the use has complete control. That may require some coding to make sure the same number isn't used twice, or if it is, then fall back to alphabetical until the user updates the field. Thoughts?
Sep 5, 2024 6:17 pm
It's a blunt solution, but why not all? Let people switch between the options in the settings. XD
Anyway, I'm impartial about the first three options and leaning away from the ID one - that'll just be hard to control with different types of sheets.
Sep 5, 2024 6:22 pm
Alphabetical would be my first choice.
Sep 5, 2024 6:42 pm
Avraham says:
Can a field be added which would be a user-selected order? This way the use has complete control. That may require some coding to make sure the same number isn't used twice, or if it is, then fall back to alphabetical until the user updates the field. Thoughts?
I'm working on the fastest solution at the moment. Focusing on v2 is still a priority, and I'm hoping the speed of v2 will make favorites unnecessary or a different solution can be implemented (something distinguishing favorites from header items maybe).
Sep 5, 2024 6:45 pm
Alphabetical Order is probably the most useful arrangement.
Sep 5, 2024 6:47 pm
Alphabetic order, no doubt about it
Sep 5, 2024 11:43 pm
Alphabetical is probably the most logical and brings the least surprise.

As bowl says, though, doing it by Date Favorited allows the player to choose their own order, which I like as a power-user, but may be confusing.
Sep 6, 2024 7:37 am
Date favorited (newest to oldest) would work nicely I think. That way people could 'unfavorite' and 'refavorite' if they desire to push characters/games to the top of the list. This would be nice if some games slow down / speed up, and allows people to quickly and easily customize what characters/games show in the header.
Last edited September 6, 2024 7:38 am
Sep 6, 2024 7:45 am
Technically you can order things with alphabetical by renaming everything "1 Name", "2 Name", etc. It's probably not that much more effort than deleting and adding sheets again (although full reordering would be a pain with either).
...At least with characters.
Last edited September 6, 2024 7:46 am
Sep 6, 2024 1:44 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
... although full reordering would be a pain with either ...
Since there is a cap of 10 entries, it should not be much of a pain, really?
Sep 6, 2024 2:26 pm
As far as I can tell, characters and games are currently alphabetical (details).

I say keep it the same for now. Revisit in V2.
Sep 6, 2024 2:29 pm
I use that function quite a bit, for both Games and Characters.
I never thought that those bookmarks would be better in a different order, which makes me think that the current alphabetical order works well enough...
My two cents.
Sep 6, 2024 3:07 pm
I support the idea of there being more than 10 entries in those drop downs. If the limit will still be 10, it would be great to allow the user to choose / prioritize which 10 if they have more than that number favorited. Alpha seems to work fine for the listing.
Sep 6, 2024 3:40 pm
vagueGM says:
Since there is a cap of 10 entries, it should not be much of a pain, really?
All is relative! :P But yeah, it's just a little pain. A tiny one
..I think my favourite method of reordering things is where you can just drag them around. But that's definitely not a quick solution. :'D
Last edited September 6, 2024 3:41 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.