Looking for 2 new mods!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 23, 2024 8:45 pm
Gamers' Plane is looking to enhance it's mod team by adding up to 2 new mods. If you'd like to join the mod team, this is your opportunity. The GP mod team is the group that helps keep spam off the site, moderate conflicts between members, and keep the space an overall welcoming environment. The positions are strictly voluntary, and you can drop out any time you want. There are no required activity lengths or how much you want to do. We just ask if you join, you do so to help make the site better.

So, our requirements to join the mod team (this time around):
- We're preferably looking for folks in East European/Asian/Pacific time zones. Most of the mod team currently covers American time zones, and we have some European coverage, but we want to make sure we can handle spam and problems in a more comprehensive way.
- You must be able to join Discord. You don't have to be active there if you don't want, but there's where a lot of mod discussions happen, and a lot of folks seek out mod help there.
- You have to have been active on the site for the last 6 months, in some way. With that, we'll be looking at your public posts, if you have any, or having conversations, to make sure the fit is solid in both directions.

And that's pretty much it. Now, benefits:
- Your username will show in a special color on Discord.
- You get to help shape the direction of Gamers' Plane.
- Um... something else!

If you're interested, please send me a PM here on GP, and I'll add your name for the mods to look at. Feel free to ask questions here, and I'll answer best I can.
Oct 13, 2024 2:13 pm
I'm gonna bump this, just in case it got missed during the site upgrade.
Oct 13, 2024 2:23 pm
You did get my application, right?
Oct 15, 2024 11:31 pm
runekyndig says:
You did get my application, right?
Yup!
Oct 21, 2024 7:28 pm
It's been brought to my attention that a few people have sent me PMs about being mods. Unfortunately, something seems to have gone funky during the database upgrade, and I don't have them. So far I haven't figured out what's wrong, but I want to make sure I don't overlook anyone who's interested. If you are interested in being a mod, please send me an email (contact@gamersplane.com) with your username, time zone/location, and anything you think may be relevant. I'm sorry if I left you hanging; I didn't realize I wasn't getting your messages.
Oct 22, 2024 3:49 am
My email bounced
Quote:
554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.85.167.53] blocked using zen.dnsbl
Oct 22, 2024 5:09 am
runekyndig says:
My email bounced
Quote:
554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.85.167.53] blocked using zen.dnsbl
Seems like the sending IP is blacklisted, which is really odd because it's a Google IP

You do not have permission to post in this thread.