Age of Rebellion Game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 3, 2016 2:09 am
Considering starting an Age of Rebellion game sometime in early November. It would be an adventure of my own creation that I'm currently running for some friends IRL. I am not a huge Star Wars person, in that I'm not overly familiar with all of the lore and such, but I really do like the system. With that said I would be looking for four people that would be both active and forgiving of my lack of SW knowledge.
Oct 3, 2016 6:40 am
Count me in. Recently got the EotE and AoR books, and ran the starting adventure for some RL friends. Seems like the system should lend itself to PBP very well, so very interested in seeing how it works here.
Oct 3, 2016 9:46 am
Yeah, I'd be really up for playing too
Oct 3, 2016 1:00 pm
If you need someone to fill in a role let me know. Unless you have enough people. I'll watch.
Oct 3, 2016 4:18 pm
+1 to remnant's offer. Happy to help out and be very forgiving and also happy to watch.
Oct 3, 2016 6:44 pm
What do you like about the system? I'm not a huge SW person either but am always up for learning new systems...
Oct 3, 2016 10:49 pm
There's a couple of things that I like about it:

The dice. I was going to go over all of the cool things about how the dice pool is built, difficulty levels set, etc. but there's just so much I like about the whole mechanic I'd basically be spelling out the rules. Basically though, you can fail at a task yet gain some sort of advantage to help with the current situation, likewise you can succeed but end up with threats that need to be dealt with.

In combat the rolls for 'hitting' and 'damage' are handled in a single roll. A weapon's damage is predefined with extra success rolls causing extra damage. PCs also have both a Wound and a Strain threshold, each working a bit differently. The PCs in the game that I'm running IRL have yet to actually kill anyone, instead using Stun settings on their weapons (causing Strain damage) to disable people instead.

PCs don't 'level up' and instead increase their skill ranks and purchase new talents with their earned XP.

I don't know, it's just a neat system that I didn't fully appreciate when I started playing it here (hat tip to falryx) but am liking more and more as time goes on.
Oct 4, 2016 2:39 am
Thanks! I was learning the system with you too!

I was overwhelmed at the apparently complexity of the dice at first, but have gotten more and more comfortable with them and enjoy what they can make happen.
Oct 4, 2016 2:23 pm
Personally I've enjoyed the banter with the party more than die rolling... Granted some of the die rolls have been surprising (Fail with an advantage, success with an obstacle) and sometimes the odd Triumph that makes you wonder what just happened.
Oct 4, 2016 9:33 pm
Would love to play...huge Star Wars fan (though my husband has me beat, hands down). Don't have any of the books, though, just the starter set. If someone could help me out with character gen or a pre-gen, I think I have the mechanics pretty well down thanks to Campaign podcast.
Oct 5, 2016 12:15 am
@Marithyme I think there's free skill tree pdfs out there for the careers.
Oct 5, 2016 12:30 am
cool, thanks. Will look into it if I get a spot. :)
Oct 5, 2016 12:31 am
I also recommend the OGGDude character generator. It doesn't have the text from the books due to copyright, but it will help you build a legal character.
Oct 5, 2016 3:38 pm
If you are still looking for players, I would definitely be interested. I use OGGDude character generator (and yes, it's pretty legit).
Oct 6, 2016 3:10 pm
I would be interested as well. :)
Oct 6, 2016 5:00 pm
If there ends up being room for this, then I would be interested in joining. I've ran all of the FFG Star Wars games at least once, but I've never actually been a player. I don't really know much about Star Wars, either. It's such a fantastic system, though.
Last edited October 6, 2016 5:00 pm
Oct 6, 2016 5:18 pm
If you end up doing one with Edge of Empire or Fate and Destiny. Or a coalition of all of them. I'd be super down. Can't say I'm terribly interested in an Age of Rebellion game. Hope it goes well for you all.
Oct 6, 2016 6:58 pm
I'll site this one out since you seem to have enough for when you start, let me know if people go inactive and you need players though. Maybe Bas can make another appearance yall.
Oct 6, 2016 10:07 pm
Looks like there'd be enough interest in setting this up, so I'll see how the next two RL sessions play out. If I think it'll be a good fit for PbP I'll fire something up the first week of November and post the link here on this thread.
Nov 19, 2016 5:53 am
Game info has been posted: Bolygo
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.