Introductions away

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 13, 2014 12:17 am
Seems we have a bunch of nobodies here, since, i'm the only one who's introduced myself!
Feel free to you know, tell us about yourselves a bit, and talk, and such.
We don't bite much, right?
Sep 23, 2014 9:56 pm
I bite. nomnomnomnom
Sep 23, 2014 10:15 pm
mmmm soylent green
Sep 23, 2014 10:18 pm
This is why we can't have nice friends.
Sep 23, 2014 10:18 pm
You eat them -.-
Sep 23, 2014 10:41 pm
mmmm Soylent green is people
Sep 23, 2014 11:31 pm
See above comment.
Sep 24, 2014 3:17 pm
I will post an intro tonight. Since I have been a member of every iteration of Gamer's Plane and I have been active on this one since January I guess I didnt think to introduce myself when I came back, but en again none of you know me, will post one later.
Oct 19, 2014 5:24 am
Promised an intro a month ago ;P i think you may have forgotten sir, or, madame
Oct 22, 2014 11:21 am
Damn, still owed and promised. How do these things get away from me?
May 14, 2015 5:57 pm
Hi,

I've just joined today after seeing a link on Voat.co. I'm terrible at intros, but I'll have a go!

I'm 40, from the UK, and I've been into RPGs for about 25 years. I started on AD&D 2nd edition, then went through Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Call of Cthullu, OWOD, D&D 3rd, Pathfinder, Dungeon World, Savage Worlds and now D&D 5th (plus many others).

I usually GM, but get to play on occasion too :D. I tend to prefer more story oriented type games, but I don't mind a good dungeon crawl either!

Outside of roleplaying, I'm into making bad synth music, tinkering with electronics, and programming. I also have no idea how to go about PBM.

That's enough about me I think! Looking forward to chatting with you all on the forums.
May 14, 2015 6:03 pm
... and you overlooked the "Introductions" Forum :-)

welcome anyway :-D

PbP is easy. The thing you really have to get used to is the slowness. An adventure you would play in 2-3 hours anywhere else will take 2 weeks here. I think it is also very very good for newbe GMs as you have plenty of time to think about your next step.
Also you need to streamline anything that will require answering posts. Let your players roll as much as possible on their own. In fights you might let them roll defense rolls of the monsters they are attacking, too so they don't have to wait to resolve that...
May 14, 2015 6:12 pm
Heh, forgot about this thread! I'll lock it in a few days.

Either way, welcome Andomonir, glad to have you! I have no idea what Voat is, but its awesome that GP is starting to get attention in places other than me on Twitter, heh. You've had a lot of experience, and hopefully you can help me make this site all the better!

I look forward to chatting with you more too!
May 15, 2015 2:13 am
I've been here for a little while now, a bit la for intro, but I'm 38, from the Province of Québec in Canada.Been gaming for about 24-25 years. I'm mostly known for being the creator of Knight Man for Mega Man 6, and working on the now defunct L5R Musha-Shugyo fanzine.
May 15, 2015 2:16 am
Cool, you created the char on MM6? That's crazy cool.

That said, I'm gonna lock this thread. Lets introduce ourselves in the Introductions forum!
May 15, 2015 11:23 am
chocokiko says:
... and you overlooked the "Introductions" Forum :-)
Goddamn it I suck.
May 15, 2015 12:10 pm
So apparently people can still post in locked threads...?
May 15, 2015 1:01 pm
I guess so. 😝
May 15, 2015 1:18 pm
Mad haxx0rz > php lolokbaibai
load next

Thread locked