Something, something, introductions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 11, 2016 2:06 am
Hello all! While I've played RPGs of a few varieties for a number of years, I've only recently gotten back into the play-by-post format. It's been about a year I've been bouncing around other sites rekindling my love for the medium. While I would love more face-to-face games, living out in the boondocks, working full time, and raising three kids (including super young twins) seems to have conspired against me. Thankfully, I work in front of a computer, and enjoy my limited free time in front of a computer as well.

I look forward to whatever gaming I can manage on here. Endless possibility, exciting prospects. Roll on friends-to-be.
Nov 11, 2016 2:55 am
Welcome Dramasailor! What kind of RPGs did you play, or like best?
Nov 11, 2016 3:28 am
Welcome Dramasailor! I'm sure you'll find a game or ten you like here; I'm really proud of the community that's built up. A lot of new parents or parents with younger kids here, so they'll get your limitations.

Any systems you're looking forward to playing or trying?
Nov 11, 2016 3:57 am
The bulk of my experience was with D&D 2/3/3.5 for the longest time, with a smattering of Vampire: The Masquerade and Shadowrun 2.0 thrown in. 3 or 4 years ago, I started playing Pathfinder after a relocation. And over the past 5 or 6 months, I've started playing D&D 5e.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for 3.5/Pathfinder because it was my first real introduction to pen and paper gaming. That said, I'm really enjoying 5e so far. The whole environment (once you get used to the mechanics changes) is just welcoming and makes things a lot easier to just pick up and jump right into a game. Additionally, not minmaxing to the extreme feels way less punitive in 5e.

In terms of trying stuff, I'm down for just about anything, so long as it's fun. While I didn't see it in the systems, I've been doing some reading about Traveler and it sounds like it could be fun as a one shot type thing.
Nov 11, 2016 6:54 pm
Hello Dramasailor. :-)
Nov 12, 2016 2:00 am
Welcome! Lots of all those types of games, especially 5e, on this forum. Also lots of us with little ones, as Keleth says.
Nov 12, 2016 2:01 am
Welcome! Happy gaming! :-)
Nov 12, 2016 2:21 pm
Welcome Dramasailor! I have a few games running right now and am about to run a Judge Dredd with a free slot, game using the Traveller system.
Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Welcome! We are happy to have you!
Nov 13, 2016 4:37 am
Thanks all. The community seems great so far!
Nov 14, 2016 2:46 am
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.