Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Nov 17, 2016 5:55 pm
Erich moves forward and ducks next to the woman. Using a dagger to slice a strip of cloth from the bottom of her shirt, he sets about trying to stabilize the woman until they can get her more appropriate care.

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Nov 17, 2016 5:55 pm
OOC:
Is Linan at 0 hit points? I'm trying to decide if I should cast Spare the Dying."
Last edited November 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Rolls

Medicine check - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Nov 17, 2016 5:56 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
OOC:
Is Linan at 0 hit points?
OOC:
Sure looks that way ;)
Nov 17, 2016 5:57 pm
Cuth bends down to help Erich with his wife.
OOC:
Erich, you have advantage on your Medicine check, go ahead and roll again!
Nov 17, 2016 5:58 pm
Advantaged Roll!

Rolls

Medicine (Now with more focus!) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 17, 2016 5:59 pm
OOC:
Erich I got it. Attack L2
Nov 17, 2016 6:01 pm
OOC:
Never mind
Oridun sees Erich tending to Linan, and so grins at L2 and swings his axe down at his head.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Damage - (1d8+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Nov 17, 2016 6:12 pm
Working together, Erich and Cuth are able to slow the bleeding enough that Linan will live for now, but she will need more medical attention later.

Oridun, no longer distracted by Linan's plight, lands a blow on the looter's head, ending him in a rather messy fashion.
OOC:
Combat over!
Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm
Bughu nocks another arrow and moves to the corner of a building at the intersection. He sweeps his gaze down each road to look for more threats, thereby providing cover for the group.
Nov 17, 2016 6:21 pm
Persus curses in Infernal, The spellcaster got away. He steps over to the others and kneels down, She'll live, but with your blessing I will speed the healing? His voice has softened, and he looks to the man standing over the three adventurers with a spear.
OOC:
Assuming her husband approves, I'll use Lay on Hands for 2hp for her
Nov 17, 2016 6:23 pm
Seeing that other, more qualified, individuals are helping with Linan and that Bughu has taken a guard position at the crossroad, Erich moves back to the rear of the pack, helping to calm and corral the children so they can continue making toward the keep.
Nov 17, 2016 6:24 pm
Cuth looks concerned for a moment, eyes flicking to look at Perses' horns and tail, but then makes room for him to help out, nodding his thanks. The children cower behind their father, crying softly as the oldest child holds them back from rushing forward.

As the healing energy washes over Linan, her breathing eases and the flow of blood stops. She doesn't wake, but she will live thanks to Perses' healing.
Nov 17, 2016 6:28 pm
A few words of thanks escape the teifling's lips, low, harsh, Draconic. I have little enough blessings to give, once we reach the keep i will do more for her if I can, he adds in the common tongue.
Nov 17, 2016 6:30 pm
"Are we done?" Bughu asks, squinting down the roads with bow ready. "Either carry her, or leave her. Let's go!"
Nov 17, 2016 6:30 pm
"Thank you," Cuth says, tears running down his face, "You have no idea what this means to me... to us."
Nov 17, 2016 7:24 pm
Persus, help Cuth with Linan. Erich, keep the children moving. Oridun scoops his captive back up. Bughu's got the right of it. To the keep. Oridun pauses for a moment in afterthought. Bughu, grab a bag of coin there. These folks will be needing it when this night's done.
Nov 17, 2016 7:31 pm
Erich nods and starts moving, putting his hands gently around the shoulders of the children, pushing them forward.

Children, we can't do much to help out here with everything going on. We need you to be strong and help us get to the keep quickly. Let's go! Eyes forward and let's go quickly. Erich says quietly.
Nov 17, 2016 8:05 pm
Your small group continues on its way to the keep, having a couple of close calls with looters, but you are near to the keep when you notice a group of six townsfolk, some injured (though none badly), moving from around the corner of a building rather clumsily. They're obviously terrified of what's going on around them.

A couple of them wield pitchforks, and a few more have broken chair legs that they must be using as clubs.
Nov 17, 2016 8:48 pm
Bughu did as ordered, grabbing one of the looter's coin pouch. He stuffs it into his bag and keeps moving, with occasional glances to the sky.

When the other townsfolk appear, the warrior gives them a once-over and deduces that they're too scared to be prospective opponents, so Bughu keeps his attention to the perimeter for anything else that might pose more of a threat.
Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm
OOC:
How far are the townsfolk from us, and how far are we from the keep?
load next

Thread locked