Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Nov 17, 2016 10:49 pm
The townsfolk are probably 40 feet away from you, but are so focused on the keep that they haven't noticed you. The keep is just a couple minutes walk now, over mostly open ground.
Nov 17, 2016 10:57 pm
Have to forget about this one then. Oridun drops the kobold to the ground. Perses, Bughu, we have to get them all to the keep.
Nov 17, 2016 10:58 pm
Recognizing open ground as the perfect kill-zone, Bughu looks for the next available defendable spot, even if it's the corner of a building. He advances there, ready to cover the approach to the keep.
Last edited November 17, 2016 10:59 pm
Nov 17, 2016 11:03 pm
Oridun tries to signal the townspeople silently to hurry to the keep.
Last edited November 17, 2016 11:04 pm
Nov 17, 2016 11:09 pm
You creep up as close to the keep as possible without entering the open ground, and the townsfolk spot you. They shy back nervously and grip weapons tighter until you wave them on. An older man in the group, with a pitchfork, nods his grim thanks and urges his fellows on.
OOC:
Are you going to run after them or wait for them to cross before you go? Also, what are you going to do about Linan's family? They are all very young, slow, or injured.
Nov 17, 2016 11:14 pm
OOC:
I know we're not in combat (yet). Will you map this out?
Nov 17, 2016 11:20 pm
OOC:
Map is not to scale, just gives an idea of the area
http://i.imgur.com/A8iQQcL.png
Nov 17, 2016 11:31 pm
well that's a slaughter in the making.
OOC:
how tall is the keep? Are there are visible guards watching out? Is there a door facing us? And do I see any other movement?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Nov 17, 2016 11:32 pm
OOC:
Ahhh! I've gone blind!
Nov 17, 2016 11:48 pm
The keep appears to be probably 25-ish feet tall (likely two stories vertically on the inside). There is a gate at the end of a path leading between these buildings. You are not able to see any sort of enemy in the area around the gate.
Nov 17, 2016 11:52 pm
OOC:
Apparently it's a good day when I can see my boots.
Well lads, I don't see any choice but to leg it. What do you all think?
Nov 18, 2016 12:34 am
Bughu takes up a position at the corner of the building. He draws his bow and looks both ways for signs of enemy or possible approach, making certain he includes the sky in his observations. It seems obvious he will stay at his spot in order to cover whoever heads to the keep.
Nov 18, 2016 1:13 am
OOC:
Assuming that some of the kids are small enough to pick up...
Oridun, can you carry any of the little ones across to the keep? I can manage one, probably. Beyond that, it will have to be a few dashing attempts to get everyone over. We should stagger it so we aren't all out at the same time. I'll take the littlest over first. Erich says quietly as he makes his way to the smallest child. With a little effort, he manages to pick the child up, and sprints across the gap to the keep.
Nov 18, 2016 1:56 am
Oridun picks up another child, balancing her across his barrel torso. Chul, let Perses take Lilan. He turns to the oldest boy. Lad, help your father. We have to move fast.
Nov 18, 2016 2:56 am
Two of the children are small enough to carry, probably 5 and 7 years old. The oldest boy is around 12 and merely nods his assent and gets ready to assist his father.

Erich and the child head across first. Then, one after another, you all make the keep, slipping in through the barely-open gates. As Bughu enters last, he can see groups of the looters and kobolds making their way toward the keep. As Bughu enters the gates are shut and barred behind him.

Inside of the keep, you can see a number of scared and wounded townsfolk inside. There are a number of the less-injured rushing about, tending to wounds as best they can, while others grab rocks and anything else they could throw and make their way up to man the wall.
Nov 18, 2016 3:00 am
OOC:
Did the other group make it in?
This woman needs aid now! Who's in charge here?
Nov 18, 2016 3:31 am
With only a passing nod, Bughu makes his way to the top of the wall.
OOC:
He would have waited until the other group of townsfolk made it to the keep as well, before crossing.
Nov 18, 2016 2:29 pm
OOC:
Wow, good job guys, glad I could help! :)
The teifling standing by the gates watches the crowd. He's seen a lifetime's worth of fear from people like these. I still have some ability to help, though not much. It may be better to husband our strength. He keeps his voice low, so as not to terrify the common folk any more.
Nov 18, 2016 4:37 pm
A couple of men stop running about at Oridun's call. Seeing Linan and her husband's condition, they rush over to take them for aid, "I don't recognize any of you newcomers, but I'm very glad you found them when you did, doesn't look like they were faring well on their own. Thank you strangers," one man says, then calls for a priest to come assist.

A passerby turns to Oridun as he walks by, "You'll want to see the mayor, Tarbaw Nighthill. He's usually up on the wall, looking out over the town."

You notice after a few minutes that most people are avoiding the area around Perses as much as possible, apparently scared of his obvious demonic heritage.

Naatkinson sent a note to Ujimona
As Bughu climbs up to the wall, he sees an elderly man standing there, staring out over the town. The right side of his head is bandages and slightly bloody, his right arm hangs in a sling, and his light blue tunic is stained with blood. He seems intent on looking over the town, a grim look on his face.
Nov 18, 2016 4:43 pm
Bughu steps up to the parapet near the elderly man, casting a brief glance along the wall for signs of other soldiers and what they are doing. He then draws back on his longbow and scans the edge of the open area, assessing the approach of kobolds and human looters. He attempts to pick out leaders and magic-users amidst the ranks.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

load next

Thread locked