Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Nov 18, 2016 11:46 pm
The mayor points the way over to where Bughu is standing, talking to a stout, red-haired dwarf, "He's over there with your friend."
Nov 19, 2016 12:01 am
Bughu simply nods. Prisoner, barn. Straightforward tasks that are highly appreciated by the archer.
Nov 19, 2016 12:11 am
Oridun makes his way over to Escobar and Bughu. You'd be Escobar then? The Mayor says your captain of the guard here. Oridun offers his hand for gripping.
Nov 19, 2016 12:14 am
"Escobert," the dwarf corrects Oridun, shaking his hand, "No, I'm not the captain, just the master of the keep here."
Nov 19, 2016 12:16 am
Bughu remains at ease, allowing the Master of the Keep to speak to Oridun. Eyes straight ahead, he is ready to head to the tunnel.
Nov 19, 2016 12:38 am
If you would Master Escobert, I'm sure you've already had some discussion with my comrade Bughu here. He can be tighter than the vault doors in Mithral Hall. Oridun makes it clear by tone and body language this is something he approves of. Would you mind telling me how we can assist?[/
OOC:
Shall we assume he tells me the same to save retyping?
Last edited November 19, 2016 12:39 am
Nov 19, 2016 12:43 am
JoshuaMabry says:
OOC:
Shall we assume he tells me the same to save retyping?
OOC:
Yep, sounds good to me
Nov 19, 2016 1:11 am
Sounds like the mill is priority one, eh Bughu? Let's get the others together and see if they agree. Master Escobert, we'll be back to see that tunnel.
OOC:
I relay any of this they didn't hear to Erich and Perses. What do you all think we should do?
Nov 19, 2016 2:04 am
Upon hearing the laundry list of needed assistance, Erich looks at the assembled group. Personally, yes, I think the mill is where we need to head. I'll try to be careful to make sure nothing blazes up.
Nov 19, 2016 2:33 am
Bughu doesn't seem to care which order they perform these tasks in, ready to take on either the mill or the looters.
Nov 19, 2016 7:52 pm
The mill it is then. Oridun heads back to Escobert. Now where be this tunnel? And be honest, it's sewage ain't it?
Nov 22, 2016 12:36 am
"Nah, it's not sewage, but it's designed to look like it is," Escobert says with a laugh like tumbling boulders, "Used to help escape in case of a siege. Never thought I'd see it used, though!"

The old dwarf leads you down to the ground level and to a rarely used section of the keep, to a iron-bound door. He takes a ring off of his belt and unlocks the door, revealing a long, dark tunnel. It's only about 5 feet wide, so you're going to have to move single file. He hands Bughu an old iron key, "This is the key to open the grate at the other side of the tunnel. It's all in your hands now... be careful."
Nov 22, 2016 12:57 am
OOC:
What's our marching order? Anyone with an AC higher than 18?
Last edited November 22, 2016 12:58 am
Nov 22, 2016 12:59 am
I'll gladly stick to the middle of the pack. Enough that I can hit things from a distance without getting in the way of you smash and slice types. Erich says, with a smile as they go to set out down the tunnel.
Nov 22, 2016 1:16 am
Best to stay all the way back while we're in the tunnel lad. We know there's naught behind us.
Nov 22, 2016 1:31 am
I'll take the lead. Bughu behind me, Perses behind him, Erich in the rear. I light a torch. Bughu, someone's got to teach you how to see properly in a tunnel. I proceed forward at a cautious walk.
Nov 22, 2016 1:37 am
Oridun, if you would prefer, I can cast light on something of yours. It would leave your hands free to pummel our foes. Erich says as he prepares to take up the rear of the group.
Last edited November 22, 2016 1:43 am
Nov 22, 2016 1:40 am
I pause in the act of lighting the torch. Thank you lad, my axe head if you please. Tis not a spell I know well...
OOC:
meaning I didn't take the cantrip
as I don't normally use it.
Nov 22, 2016 1:43 am
Erich reaches out, laying his hand gently on Oridun's axehead. Tollere tenebris, he whispers. Soon, the head of the axe shines brightly in Oridun's hand.
Nov 22, 2016 1:58 am
Remember to stay quiet when we get to the other end. We're off.
load next

Thread locked