Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Dec 2, 2016 9:48 pm
OOC:
I was mostly just doing it to spur the action onward, honestly. He blacked out, but came to rather quickly. I'll edit my post to reflect this.
Dec 2, 2016 10:11 pm
The archer's head visibly drops and his hand clenches into a fist as he fights to hold back something he wants to say. Finally, he sighs. "It is all right," he says quietly, holding up the prisoner by the arm while wielding his scimitar in the other. "Is there anything else you'd like to reveal to the enemy before I go?"
Dec 2, 2016 10:29 pm
We need your help where we're goin' Bughu. We'll come with you and then come back to finish what we came out here for in the first place.
Dec 2, 2016 10:36 pm
"Then let's go," says Bughu, speaking plainly. "And stop calling out our names already."
Dec 3, 2016 12:46 am
It doesn't take long to get back to Escobert, who looks shocked at your efficiency, "Well, he doesn't look to be a commander of any kind, but it's certainly a start. Should you find someone in charge, definitely bring them back for me, if you could. In the meantime, the mill can't wait much longer, I don't think."
Dec 3, 2016 12:53 am
Right lads. Let's not tarry. Oh and Escobert, this one and his fellows were looking for something in the stream. Might be best to ask what they were after. I should think asking pointedly will get the best results.
Dec 3, 2016 12:57 am
Bughu wordlessly turns and leaves the prisoner in Escobert's charge. He heads back for the tunnel to complete the other half of their task.
Dec 3, 2016 5:07 pm
Escobert nods grimly at Oridun's advice, "Whatever it takes," he says, a touch of sadness in his voice.

You make your way back out of the grate by the stream, being cautious to make sure there are no more patrols nearby. Once you're sure that there is no one else out there, you make your way toward the mill cautiously. When you get close, you see a group of five humans with torches, in the garb of the raiders standing outside and occasionally throwing a lit torch at the mill, laughing.

One of the humans looks to be more well-equipped than most you've seen here, with an actual sword at his hip and real armor on. A couple of the others also have crossbows strapped to their backs.

You are currently 100 feet away, but can see them by virtue of the small fires burning around the mill.
Dec 3, 2016 5:57 pm
Bughu checks his quiver and tests his longbow. He nocks an arrow and draws back, ready to cover the party's advance from this position. The archer looks to the sides to get a lay of the land and note where other buildings are in relation to the mill.
Dec 3, 2016 6:10 pm
Bughu sees that there is a very low wall surrounding the grounds of the mill about 20 feet from the buildings, with an opening on the north side, though you could easily get over the wall without much trouble. The land around the mill is fairly open on the east and west sides of the mill, but there are several buildings just north of the mill, on both sides of the road. South of the mill is a small wooded area along the stream.

http://i.imgur.com/SfQgu1U.png
Dec 3, 2016 7:33 pm
Oridun whispers to the others. They're going to burn the mill down. We'd better hurry.
OOC:
Would it be practical for us to cut through the woods or the buildings to get into the mill itself without them seeing us?
Dec 3, 2016 7:43 pm
OOC:
That's a viable tactic to me. Bughu would remain where he is in order to provide cover fire while the rest of you advance.
Dec 3, 2016 8:01 pm
OOC:
You could certainly attempt that, yes
Dec 3, 2016 8:08 pm
OOC:
Agreed, it seems a good tactic.
Dec 3, 2016 8:15 pm
OOC:
Just so we're clear, you intend to enter the mill without engaging the raiders? Or are you planning on fighting the raiders once you've reached the wall, or the mill itself?
Dec 3, 2016 8:17 pm
OOC:
Oops. Okay, before I make this move. I want to enter the mill and then engage them from that side.
Again as quiet as I can and still be understood.Lets cut through the trees and get around them to the mill itself. Hopefully the stream will cover some of the noise.
Last edited December 3, 2016 8:18 pm

Rolls

Stealth Check - (1d20)

(8) = 8

@ disadvantage - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Dec 3, 2016 10:18 pm
Bughu loosens the pull of his longbow. The party will take some time to reach their destination, but he keeps an eye on the raiders. He is ready to fire should one of them, particularly one armed with a crossbow, notices the party and moves to investigate.
Dec 4, 2016 12:49 am
Erich follows after Oridun, doing his best to move quietly.

Rolls

Sneaky? - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Dec 6, 2016 6:32 pm
Perses follows the others, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Rolls

Stealth (Disadvantage) - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (3) = 3

1d20 : (17) = 17

Dec 6, 2016 6:37 pm
Erich is able to move quietly, but Oridun and Perses are a bit less stealthy than him. It basically sounds like a herd of buffalo moving through the trees and you hear the raiders, "Who is that? Step out now, we know you're there."
load next

Thread locked