Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Dec 29, 2016 6:24 pm
To Erich: "Like I said, you're welcome to try. If you can get anything out of him, it would be most appreciated."

To Bughu: "Of course, just let me know what all you need and I'll make sure that you receive it."

To Jon: "Of course, halflings always have their priorities in order," Nighthill says with a chuckle, "I will have food taken to where you spent the night, if that would be alright?"
Dec 29, 2016 6:31 pm
Bughu simply asks for enough ammunition to replenish his supply: 4 longbow arrows and 10 hand crossbow bolts.
Jan 3, 2017 5:43 pm
Those who wish to interrogate the prisoner are led down to the dungeon area, which is obviously not used much judging by the thick coat of dust. The half-dragon stands in a cell, hands bound by this chains to the wall above him. His body is badly bruised and he has a lot of blood on his body, obviously a result of his vigorous questioning through the night.

Bughu is resupplied with whatever provisions he needs.
Jan 3, 2017 5:57 pm
Bughu appears satisfied with full quivers, like he has replenished his body and mind. He accompanies Erich to the dungeons and enters Langderosa's cell, where he positions himself behind the half-dragon. The last thing Bughu wants is to be in the path of any dragon breath, regardless of whether or not half-dragons can do such a thing.
Jan 3, 2017 5:57 pm
On the way down to the dungeon I stop and pick some hot meat somewhere there's food being made. Whatever's hot and ready. Is the prisoner able to reach his face with his hands?
Jan 3, 2017 6:27 pm
Jon collects on the offered breakfast, interrogations not being something he has figured out how to conduct either effectively or heroically.
Last edited January 3, 2017 6:28 pm
Jan 3, 2017 6:31 pm
Entering the room with Langdedrosa, Erich holds his hands up and speaks in a clear voice in Draconic.

I understand you've been most cowardly in refusing to provide those that bested you with the information they seek. It's a shame to see one whose scales first seemed so lustrous to be dulled to obscurity by such an act.
Last edited January 3, 2017 6:32 pm
Jan 3, 2017 6:34 pm
"Cowardly? The only coward here is your friend who didn't give me the death that I earned," Langdedrosa says in draconic, glaring at Bughu, standing in the corner.
Jan 3, 2017 6:35 pm
OOC:
Can Langdedrosa reach his face with his hands the way he's bound?
Jan 3, 2017 6:41 pm
JoshuaMabry says:
OOC:
Can Langdedrosa reach his face with his hands the way he's bound?
OOC:
No, he can't
Jan 3, 2017 6:45 pm
Erich continues on in Draconic, The death you earned? No self respecting draconid would think you earned anything other than what you got. You were made mockery of by the man. You were beaten as soundly as a fresh whelpling. When one is dominated that poorly, you accept whatever the superior combatant chooses to dole to you. Provide answers to the questions you've been asked, or else I will ensure EVERY draconid, down to the lowest kobold, knows of the cowardice and weak-spine milk-toast behavior of Langdedrosa "The Coward" Cyanwrath. If you answer, however, I may be convinced to allow you a proper warrior's death along with tales of the voracious combatant Langdedrosa "The Blue Scale of Death" Cyanwrath.
Jan 3, 2017 6:46 pm
Jon butters a muffin and wonders how the interrogation is going.
Jan 3, 2017 7:17 pm
Bughu idly imagines that Erich and Langderosa are discussing the subtle qualities of belly dancing and the etiquette required for tips; it makes the strange language all the more entertaining. A slight smile creeps into the corner of his mouth, which is quickly squashed in light of the serious matter at hand.
Jan 3, 2017 10:55 pm
I wait to see if Erich has any success before joining the conversation.
Jan 4, 2017 10:03 pm
"How you all see me is of no concern to me. The only one that matters is Her. She will give me a place at Her side, and when She returns, I will come too and I will make sure your world BURNS!" Langdedrosa says with a smile beginning to creep across his face.
Jan 4, 2017 10:08 pm
Erich smiles at the blue half-dragon. Continuing in draconic, he undoes the ties at the ends of his sleeves, pulling the sleeves up revealing the golden-hued scales that glint sparingly across his forearms.

Yes, the world will burn, and She will not have YOU. Worthless excuse for a dragon. As he finishes speaking, he allows a mote of fire to begin spinning in his hand, the crackle of its energy bright. With a blink, it snuffs, and Erich turns to the jailer. In common, I'm done with this lout. He's so convinced that some mystical woman is going to return and he'll have some magical part in helping the world to burn he's not going to provide any useful information. Best to hold him under water until the bubbles stop. He finishes as he makes to leave the cell.
Jan 4, 2017 10:43 pm
Bughu does not seem surprised at this revelation. Wars have been fought over much more trivial matters, after all. He studies the half-dragon during and after the interrogation, gauging Langderosa's demeanor.
Last edited January 4, 2017 11:15 pm

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Jan 10, 2017 3:46 am
OOC:
Sorry for my infrequent posting. Things have been crazy at my old job and I'm now transitioning into a new one, so things have been crazy!
Bughu can't be sure of anything, but this level of devotion doesn't seem appropriate to any mortal being, unless Langdedrosa is totally out of his mind. It seems like it would be more appropriate of a fanatical religious zealot speaking of his goddess.
Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm
Bughu shows some concern, even as Erich dismisses Langderosa's importance. He leaves the half-dragon and follows the others out of the interrogation room.

"This could be bad," he says to the group once they have gathered, folding his arms across his chest. "Maybe he's crazy, but he's convinced in his cause. If the others are like him, they're not your typical raiders. They've got conviction, and that makes them dangerous. Hard to reason with someone like that if they got their minds set."
Jan 10, 2017 4:29 pm
Jon watches in delight as the butter melts atop his muffin as soon as it touches it, softening the bread and giving it a delightful flavor.
load next

Thread locked