Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Jan 10, 2017 4:44 pm
Jon makes a little sandwich of muffin, honey, and bacon. He makes a mental note to arrange for the cook to receive his highest compliments for the bacon; it's nice and thick and not burned to a crisp. His wife always used to overcook the bacon. How it vexed him.
Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm
Bughu's got the right of it. You won't get anything from a fanatic. Be like squeezing blood from a stone. Best stop wasting our time here.
Jan 13, 2017 3:43 am
OOC:
Anything else you want to do before we move on?
Jan 13, 2017 4:54 am
Jon stuffs a muffin in his pack for the road.
Jan 13, 2017 5:40 am
Bughu makes sure he has enough supplies for the journey. As he prepares, he asks Escobert if there is a spare suit of studded leather armor available, though he fully understands if there isn't any.
Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am
I take a handful of arrows to fill my quiver. Otherwise I'm set to go.
Jan 13, 2017 10:10 pm
Bughu is surprised to find that there are a couple suits of studded leather. It seems that guards are clamoring to give him their armor after his heroics the day before.

As you prepare to leave the keep and follow after the raiders a young man walks up to you, limping heavily on his bandaged left leg. "My name is Nesim Waladra and I hear that you intend to follow the raiders and see where they’ve gone. I’d like nothing better than to come with you, but in this condition, I’d slow you down. In the midst of all this tragedy, there's no reason you would have heard about the fate of my master, Leosin Erlanthar, but it’s important you know. He is a monk from Berdusk. He disappeared last night, after we fought a particularly savage battle against raiders. A few others and I fought our way to the keep, barely. Leosin didn’t make it at all. We went back this morning to look for him, but all we found was his broken staff and this choker, which he always wore."
Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm
I try and comfort the young man. Lad if we see any sign of him rest assured will do what we can to help him or discover his fate. I look to my comrades. If we're rested and supplied let's get goin'. Won't learn more 'bout these fella's standin' round here.
Jan 17, 2017 4:26 am
Bughu nods, ready to depart. He wordlessly takes point, jogging ahead to scout the path.
Jan 17, 2017 4:34 am
Before you are able to leave, Nesim has a bit more to say, "Leosin has been investigating these raiders for months. I fear that he might have tried to infiltrate their group when they retreated, or worse, was captured and carried away as a prisoner. No one understands these bandits better than he does, and his knowledge will be invaluable against them. When you find their camp, please look for any sign that Leosin is there. One of my brothers has already departed for Berdusk to bring back help, but it will be many days before help arrives. Anything you can do before then would be a godsend."
Jan 17, 2017 5:22 am
Bughu pauses. "And? What have you found thus far?" The warrior obviously assumes the monk would have shared this information with his brothers.
Jan 17, 2017 1:50 pm
"Unfortunately, I don't know a huge amount, other than that these cultists seem to be gathering large amounts of treasure for some purpose. None of the ones we've questioned have been too forthcoming with information. My master would know more, he's been looking into these cultists for a long time now."
Jan 17, 2017 3:25 pm
We're burnin' daylight lads. Best get started on the trail. Not sure I want to be trackin' this lot in the dark.
OOC:
Speaking of tracking, who's good at that?
Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm
OOC:
Survival +1! We can always hope for a good roll.
Jan 17, 2017 5:50 pm
OOC:
Survival + 0! I'm charming, not so much a "don't get yerself kilt" guy.
Jan 17, 2017 6:15 pm
OOC:
Highest is Oridun at a +2 lol
Jan 17, 2017 7:30 pm
Bughu gives a cursory nod to Nesim that he'll try to keep an eye open. He takes up point, mindful of the southeasterly direction the raiders were said to take. He tries to stick to cover as he advances down the path.
OOC:
Just gonna try and hope for a nice roll.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Perception - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Survival - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

Jan 17, 2017 7:58 pm
OOC:
It's like the blind leading the bearded.

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Survival check - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

load next

Thread locked