Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Jan 24, 2017 7:11 pm
That works for me. Erich says, happy to be out of the threat of melee range.
Jan 24, 2017 7:25 pm
Come then Mr. Beetles. Let's go make some new friends.
Jan 24, 2017 7:37 pm
Bughu points the way to the camp for Oridun and Jon, then returns to the rock outcrop to take position.
Jan 24, 2017 8:21 pm
OOC:
Erich, be aware that the rocky outcropping is 180 feet away from the stragglers, so your spells may not be able to reach and your crossbow will have disadvantage on attacks from that range
Oridun and Jon set out for the camp of the raiders, finding the way easy to traverse.
OOC:
How close do you intend on getting?
Jan 24, 2017 8:26 pm
OOC:
I intend to walk up to them and start a conversation, so I'm not trying to be stealthy.
What ho lads? Spare a place by your fire for two travelers?
Jan 24, 2017 8:31 pm
Jon sidles up alongside Oridun, mugging and waving and acting the part of the friendly halfling hayseed.
Jan 24, 2017 8:52 pm
Oridun and Jon approach openly, weapons on hips. Upon hearing the greeting, the humans look up at you, "Oy now, what're you doing here? Best for ya if ya leave now, or me friends and I will 'ave to hurt ye." one of them says, standing up and drawing a nasty looking spiked cudgel. The two humans with crossbows grip their weapons warily, waiting to see what you do.

The kobolds, by this point, have made a slightly separate camp about 25 feet away.
Jan 24, 2017 8:57 pm
I give them a fierce grin. Oh now, that's not a nice way to say hallo lad. I unlimber my axe. I just wanted to sit and rest my bones by your fire. If you'd rather have a lively conversation first, I brandish the axe that's fine by me too.

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Jan 24, 2017 9:03 pm
"Just you and your little friend, huh?" another man laughs, drawing a sword hanging from his hip, "We'll give you one more chance..."
Jan 24, 2017 9:08 pm
OOC:
What are the kobolds doing?
Jan 24, 2017 9:13 pm
OOC:
Jon has cover, 8 WIS, and a direct challenge. He's going for it.
Jon draws his sword and wordlessly charges straight for the guy with the cudgel.
Jan 24, 2017 9:51 pm
OOC:
Kobolds were merely watching until now

Enemy got a 20 on initiative, so they win

Start of Combat: Jon and Oridun are about 10 feet from the humans, with the kobolds being about 25 feet beyond them.
Bughu and Erich are on a stony outcropping about 180 feet away.
Cultists will be marked by a C, while Kobolds will be K.
C3 and C4, both armed with crossbows, launch bolts at Jon as he rushes in. One of them is buried in the dirt at Jon's feet, while the other hits him in the shoulder (18 vs AC14, 3 damage) Both of them step back a bit to put some distance between themselves and the melee combat.

C1, the man with the cudgel, reacts quickly to Jon's charge, stepping forward to meet him and launching his nasty cudgel in a sidelong sweep. Jon easily avoids the attack and the cultist barely stops himself from face-planting into the ground.

C2, sword drawn, moves to attack Oridun, but his blow is easily deflected by the stout dwarf's shield.

The kobolds scramble to pick up their weapons and prepare for combat.
OOC:
Your turn!
C1 is engaged with Jon
C2 is engaged with Oridun
C3 and C4 are about 20 feet back from the others, crossbows in hand.
Jan 24, 2017 9:52 pm
OOC:
Also, I am surprised that Jon is using a chain shirt and not chain mail, given that it's one of his starting choices and flat-out better
Jan 24, 2017 10:04 pm
Well, so much for talking. I swing at C2s head. Do you have a grid for this?

Rolls

Battleaxe - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Slashing damage - (1d8+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Jan 24, 2017 10:08 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
Also, I am surprised that Jon is using a chain shirt and not chain mail, given that it's one of his starting choices and flat-out better
OOC:
Fashion.
Hamstrings, knees, groin. Hamstrings, knees, groin, Jon chants in his head, keeping his mind focused on those points of vulnerability most susceptible to halfling-attack. He attempts to connect his longsword to whichever of those targets presents itself the most readily.

Rolls

Longsword attack vs C1 cudgel guy - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Jan 24, 2017 10:12 pm
"Dwarven diplomacy," Bughu grunts, reaching for a conclusion as to why the scene developed into chaos so early. He draws his longbow and mutters to Erich before releasing an arrow at a crossbow-cultist, "Don't step in front of me."

Rolls

Longbow vs C3, Damage - (1d20+7, 1d8+3)

1d20+7 : (10) + 7 = 17

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Jan 24, 2017 10:17 pm
OOC:
Yay 13th Warrior Reference!
Jan 24, 2017 10:21 pm
OOC:
No grid for this one, just TotM
Jan 24, 2017 10:24 pm
OOC:
Trinity over three mutants? Totalitarian obscure titmouse?
Last edited January 24, 2017 10:25 pm
Jan 24, 2017 10:27 pm
OOC:
Theater of the Mind :)
load next

Thread locked